[Official] WINE info thread

"
truekaiser wrote:
as of this writing 1.5.0 does not fix the 'can't initialize renderer' error so the patches are still needed.
Are you using Debian x64 and Intel card? If so, you need to fix debian libraries.
Hey guys, installation worked easily without any modifications, as did running the patcher and launching the game. Unfortunately, the game runs in an 800x600 window, and any attempt to change the resolution or set it to fullscreen immediately results in a crash. Apart from this issue, everything seems to work fine (not tried a wand yet, so don't know if that will crash it yet, but atleast I know the workaround if so.)

Fullscreen crash: http://pastebin.com/fS4RWMy9

Resolution change crash: http://pastebin.com/u7PVbDLE

Anyone got any ideas?

Further details:

Using an nvidia geforce GT 540m, Gentoo 64 bit, Awesome tiling window manager, nvidia proprietary driver version 295.20, wine 1.2.3, same crash regardless of wine desktop emulation settings (have tried many values)
Last edited by Barbariandude on Mar 31, 2012, 11:36:48 AM
Game freezes in many situations: trying to shoot lightning arrow, poison arrow, to get near "to mood fields" passage.
One can't use many magic skills at all.
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
"
Barbariandude wrote:

Now... what can one do with this code?? please explain
"
M3phisto wrote:
"
Barbariandude wrote:

Now... what can one do with this code?? please explain

It's a full stack trace of exactly where in the program it died and why. Was hoping that one of the developers might stumble upon this :)

After a full day of playing, I very quickly encountered spells that crashed the game when cast by other players. Running the game with --nosound fixed this. Everything else went pretty well, with no abnormal slowdowns or memory leaks, so it looks like I can play the game fine as long as I accept 800x600 resolution with no sound.

EDIT: Tried updating wine from 1.2.3 to 1.4 to see if that would help, all resolution issues are gone, it now resizes correctly and fullscreen works :D Note that in order to get it working, desktop emulation needed to be off (that made it freak out and actual mouse location did not match it's percieved mouse location) with my normal window manager handling it.

Just the sound issue now.
Last edited by Barbariandude on Apr 1, 2012, 8:25:52 AM
Hi all.

I've installed and ran the setup without issue.

When I run the game however, I just get a window with the GGG logo up top and "Loading..." on the bottom; it never progresses to actually playing the game.

Any ideas?

Thanks
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
Update.... the loading screen took about 40 minutes.

ouch.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
FYI, the very first load took a VERY long time; subsequent loads however were very timely. I played for many hours today with an out of the box Wine install and an out of the box PoE install.

No issues other than the load time the first time I ran it.

Very impressive game.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
I was very pleased to see that PoE was working in WINE and my husband and I enjoyed playing the game during the public stress test.

I wasn't able to get it to download and install via WINE for some reason (it would sit at Allocating Space and then stop working; there wasn't even any output in a terminal). However, I have my system set up to dual boot Windows, so I simply downloaded the game there and then copied it over to my Linux install.

Overall, everything worked perfectly, albeit a bit choppier than in Windows, and it was great fun. :) Hopefully a solution is found for the wand bug before open beta/launch. I really enjoyed playing the class, but I would love it even more if I didn't have to launch it with --nosound!

WINE version 1.3.28 (not patched)
Linux Mint 12 (w/ Cinnamon)
Moo.
Last edited by Meliamne on Apr 2, 2012, 2:11:57 PM
I guess I should mention, I'm also using wine-1.3.28 without any patches.
And I am running Linux Mint 12 (KDE 64-bit edition)

The only issue I noticed was that full screen disabled my second monitor and made some other changes to my desktop settings. I'll probably play windowed in the future.

If I get a beta key, I will certainly provide any new information I encounter while playing.

My relevant hardware is:
Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz)
6Gb of DDR3 triple channel RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5850
50MBit internet

In response to Meliamne, the install DOES work... the allocating space function does take several hours though.

I don't dual boot, linux only; there was no copying required from a windows install to make the game function. Only patience.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info