[Official] WINE info thread

"
Carl_Blemming wrote:
The game still crashes when I use a wand though, but I can live with that.

Just disable the sound, use "wine Client.exe --nosound" as it was suggested by OP. It helped me.
Last edited by intellisense on Mar 22, 2012, 8:33:26 AM
Is this community patch now working with the latest stable release of wine? im beeing sick of not beeing able to play poe for months now since i am so bad with compiling myself (no 1.42.rc for me).

Also if thad´t work, will nosound solve the wand usage problem really? or would it work to only delete the wand-soundfile, since i quite liked the sound effekts of poe?

thanks in advance
nice greetings
M3ph
"
intellisense wrote:
"
Carl_Blemming wrote:
The game still crashes when I use a wand though, but I can live with that.

Just disable the sound, use "wine Client.exe --nosound" as it was suggested by OP. It helped me.

I just tried that. Disabling the sound does let me use a wand without crashing the game. However, hearing the game's audio is a huge part of my enjoyment of the game. I'd rather just not use wands.

@M3phisto
I am playing now with wine 1.2.3 on Ubuntu, without patching wine. Try getting the latest version of PoE, it may work for you now.
"
M3phisto wrote:
only delete the wand-soundfile

Hm, that could be a solution, however GGG are using a single packed resource-file, so it will be a little bit more complicated than that. Some guys are already working on it though: http://www.progamercity.net/game-files/2143-info-path-exile-ggpk-resources.html

And since the problem has been nicely localized somebody may actually winedebug it any time soon. I might give it a try some time later.
Last edited by intellisense on Mar 24, 2012, 7:07:09 AM
I'm going to try it now with the latest wine stable release. The bad thing is that I gotta redownload the whole client again.
did anyone find a solution for the wand crashing issue? i would maybe some time ago it wouldn´t have been such a big issue but nowadays the skill tree for a person who wants to play a summoner doesnt allow effective scepter usage anymore (there are too few passives for it near). So for me who likes the int caracters by far the most i don´t know how i could create a effective character. also i beleieve this would be a prob if you want to play with friends which also use wands as weapons
btw this error also occurs with the poison arrow skill sometimes

just muting poe didnt work for me so i would be much gratefull if you could help me out.

greetings
M3ph
Another wine user.
Archlinux x86_64, Sandy Bridge Celeron G530 2.4 GHz with integrated Intel HD Graphics.

PoE is working...at all)
With lags and spikes, not really bad noting the hardware.

Reporting a bug:
Life/Mana spheres - wrong color, and I can't see any change when I get hits... Only life/mana counters on top of spheres changing. Any ideas? Am I only one with this bug?
Suggestions I support:

Brand new, without flaws, set mechanic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/117837
Cooooooooooool
as of this writing 1.5.0 does not fix the 'can't initialize renderer' error so the patches are still needed.
so which file is the complete sound file? could i just delete it in whole or would that make the game crash? is it proofed that the error comes from the sounds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info