[Official] WINE info thread

Another helpful post by the OP!

Thanks!
"
eg0e wrote:
I guess I should mention, I'm also using wine-1.3.28 without any patches.
And I am running Linux Mint 12 (KDE 64-bit edition)

The only issue I noticed was that full screen disabled my second monitor and made some other changes to my desktop settings. I'll probably play windowed in the future.

If I get a beta key, I will certainly provide any new information I encounter while playing.

My relevant hardware is:
Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz)
6Gb of DDR3 triple channel RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5850
50MBit internet

In response to Meliamne, the install DOES work... the allocating space function does take several hours though.

I don't dual boot, linux only; there was no copying required from a windows install to make the game function. Only patience.

yes, wine seems to have a hard drive i/o bug. path of exile is not the only game that takes a long while when handling large files. the witcher installer from gog.com takes a long while too.
confirming its working fine with wine on dualhead monitors, but only when windowed. Fullscreen-information is garbaged (detected resolutions only shows up 0x0).

Are there any command-line switches for Client.exe to set a resulution?
Hey, is anyone else having a lot of framedrops with ATI cards? Most posts of success I see they'r running nvidia cards.

Especially when I'm in the ship graveyard the frametime bounces up and down (ie. freezelags every 5 sec or so). Also when my molten shell triggers (explodes) the frame locks for maybe 0,5-1 sec, sometimes more. I guess my PC isn't the best but I still think it should run smoothly.

Running Crunchbang (Debian) with a Quad2core Q6600 (2,4GHz) and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430.
"
krawalli wrote:
confirming its working fine with wine on dualhead monitors, but only when windowed. Fullscreen-information is garbaged (detected resolutions only shows up 0x0).

Are there any command-line switches for Client.exe to set a resulution?

I also saw this 0x0 and the garbled video textures.
As I recall, I waited a minute or so, and the screen re-drew itself and everything was fine.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
Je ne parle pas français.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
"
Hey, is anyone else having a lot of framedrops with ATI cards? Most posts of success I see they'r running nvidia cards.

Especially when I'm in the ship graveyard the frametime bounces up and down (ie. freezelags every 5 sec or so). Also when my molten shell triggers (explodes) the frame locks for maybe 0,5-1 sec, sometimes more. I guess my PC isn't the best but I still think it should run smoothly.

Running Crunchbang (Debian) with a Quad2core Q6600 (2,4GHz) and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430.

I run with an ATI card and didn't notice any significant lag. The only time I lagged was when encountering new enemies right after entering a new area. The lag wasn't really that bad, and it cleared up fast (maybe 10 seconds?)

Are you running the latest proprietary drivers from ATI?
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
Last edited by eg0e on Apr 5, 2012, 9:53:24 AM
Can't get it work

Specs:
MacBook Pro 13'', early 2011
Intel i5,8GB memory
GPU: on-chip 3000HD

Installed wine(1.4) via homebrew
DirectX installed

Installed game, downloaded additional files. Updater window is closing and trying to launch main window.
Receive popup error:
The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released

Tried with -opengl
Tried to provided in this thread alternative .drv.so

Console output:
Spoiler
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias -120, std (d/m/y): 23/09/2012, dlt (d/m/y): 30/03/2012
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e81c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init The application requested more than one back buffer, this is not properly supported.
Please configure the application to use double buffering (1 back buffer) if possible.
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
fixme:d3d_texture:texture_init Failed to create surface 0x184ba0, hr 0x8876017c
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53 (SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51 (SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8771bc61) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x87703e49) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8770b519) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x877329c9) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x87739c49) stub

Any help appreciated
Last edited by Shtormovik on Apr 5, 2012, 11:19:38 AM
I'm not really familiar with MacOS, but if I had to guess... I would think that the generic video chipset is probably your problem.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪
Hi I'm a new beta player and just wanted to add my experience running PoE in wine. My system specs are:

Xubuntu 11.10 64 bit
CPU: i7-2630QM
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 560m
Ram: 8GB

I have a default wine 1.4 install with nothing added from winetricks or patched in any way. I can play PoE on 1080p resolution with full shadows/AA/AF/Post Processing enabled.

The game is only slightly laggy when loading new areas. The only major problem is the sound crash. I have to use the --nosound tag to make the game not crash when using my ranger's poison/lightning arrow skills.
I have a request for anyone running this game on Wine...

Please submit reports to the Wine AppDB. It's great to have info here, but it's going to get the most attention there.
私は日本語がわかりません。
Ich kann kein deutsch.
I don't speak english.
Eu não falo português.
Non parlo italiano.
(☆ゝ☆)♪♪♪

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info