Improved Hailrake Fight in 1.1.3

If this in any way makes the Hailrake area of the game more easily passable by new players on the first try, then it is probably a mistake to change it.

There is a certain type of player you guys want playing PoE. Hailrake works as a good way to cull a percentage of the unwanted before they get too invested in something they will not like (or support) further down the line. It is an HONEST way to tell people right off the hop that this is how their POE experience will be all the way through. It gives them a chance to bail out very early on.

It's honest. That is a good thing.

Tricking people into staying by easing the early experience is a bad idea unless the easing follows through the rest of the game as well. It would only lead to more raging and unhappiness.

Besides, the encounter works well IMO. It can be brutal OR easy, depending on ones level of knowledge and skill. Just the way a proper boss fight should be.

Just a personal (probably incorrect) opinion. No hate meant here. At the end of the day, it's your guys' game.

Thanks for PoE, Chris.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Antilogy wrote:
This ruins the "fun" of dying the first time playing this game. It makes for an interesting experience.

Also what others have said, there are other areas of the game that need improvement. There is a growing feeling of a lack of direction and taking the community feedback into consideration from the devs.

The fight will still be challenging, but in a way that allows a new player to work out how to avoid death. The change may look somewhat arbitrary, but the first half an hour of gameplay is a very important period for initial player retention. There have been and will continue to be many changes aimed directly at improving the very start of the game.

I'm sorry that you feel there's a "growing lack of direction" - this must be poor communication on my part. I understand this news post calls out a change that you don't feel is necessary, but it's part of 1.1.3 that we are already able to talk about. There are lots of other important changes on the horizon, but they're not quite firm enough to promise for this specific patch. I was trying to avoid making today's news post just "Remember to try the 48 hour cut-throat event this weekend!" and decided to reveal this small change in 1.1.3.

Are you saying people quit the game because they die a couple of times within the first half hour of this game?

If they don't learn at the start that this game is punishing if you just "yolo" it into a fight they will only learn it later on.

I don't want to seem entitled or ungrateful, because I am not trying to make potshots at you or the team, but it just seems you guys are making changes that no one has asked for or understand why they are necessary.
IGN:
@Antilogy
I think you should add Invader Bosses to Side area quests per Difficulty...
I.E. Dweller of Deep
Norm - Flooded Depths contains Dweller of Deep
Cruel - Flooded Depths contains Mother of Hive and Dweller of Deep
Mercy - Flooded Depths contains Shivershell, Mother of Hive, and Dweller of Deep all in close proxy

this would have to happen after Invasion is over. do the same to other side area quests.

when you use this idea.... you owe me RNG.
More endgame content plz, very bored, thanks
With the introduction of invasion/corrupted bosses I feel most zone bosses need a rework, they just seem so dull in comparison.
Good idea! :)
I actually don't believe Glacial Cascade is a more appropriate skill for the fight. I think Ice Spear, with its unique mechanics, was a perfect fit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
gandalf22 wrote:
who gives a shit about Hailrake fight Chris,you guys have more important things to do,like fixing the game

+1

Good news for new player. At least they wont leave the game after 5 min !
Still dont understand why some people are so angry about this change?
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
He's already scary enough... Why make him harder? ):
IGN: DVD
☆ Store of Wraeclast ☆: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612816

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info