Improved Hailrake Fight in 1.1.3

Perhaps fairgraves will be getting an update soon too? I want to see him be a proper boss that can actually kill someone.
I've gotten a few people in to this game and never heard a first time player complain about Hailrake.

Skeleton rhoas, on the other hand...
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
gandalf22 wrote:
who gives a shit about Hailrake fight Chris,you guys have more important things to do,like fixing the game

You kiss yo' mama with that mouth?

I give a shit about all parts of the game (and ye,i kiss my mama with that mouth) doesn't matter if it's the first proper boss of the game a player encounters,or the end game high roll map boss,look at other games,compared to them GGG is a robot considering the amounts of new patches they push out,not to mention that most of them add new content.
I go superfly TNT when they get near next big content patches (a/i 1.0.0 1.1.0 and the forthcoming 1.2.0)

Granted,at times it pisses me off when my current build takes an arrow to the knee because of some random nerf that i don't understand,but then again,it's not like this game is a walk in a park anyway.
To be honest,the only big thing,which cannot be fixed,but can be ''managed'' is the desync issue,which at times can get really bad in PoE,but that's about it.

Tho some non-dynamic shadows would be kinda nice....sometime in the future^^
No rest for the wicked.
"
Antilogy wrote:
This ruins the "fun" of dying the first time playing this game. It makes for an interesting experience.

Also what others have said, there are other areas of the game that need improvement. There is a growing feeling of a lack of direction and taking the community feedback into consideration from the devs.

The fight will still be challenging, but in a way that allows a new player to work out how to avoid death. The change may look somewhat arbitrary, but the first half an hour of gameplay is a very important period for initial player retention. There have been and will continue to be many changes aimed directly at improving the very start of the game.

I'm sorry that you feel there's a "growing lack of direction" - this must be poor communication on my part. I understand this news post calls out a change that you don't feel is necessary, but it's part of 1.1.3 that we are already able to talk about. There are lots of other important changes on the horizon, but they're not quite firm enough to promise for this specific patch. I was trying to avoid making today's news post just "Remember to try the 48 hour cut-throat event this weekend!" and decided to reveal this small change in 1.1.3.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I think this is great. Hailrake has murdered a lot of new players. Can you imagine someone who plays on steam just because it is a F2P game, and then has already died at level 3 before knowing what is going on? Lost them before you had a chance in a game with an already slow start.
Awesome, I'm eager for the day when all the boos fights have been made the way you have envisioned.

"
SKRen wrote:
Yes, because we all know that its much better to get hit in the face with a skill that's 6 levels above the map zone than one that is 2 levels above it. I certainly hope you scaled it down for Normal Difficulty at least(when oddly enough, it would most over powered). Though Ice Spear was never really an issue. Run side to side, wait for him to go OOM then face tank him/kite him side to side until he casts another Ice Spear and dive back in.

Waa waaa waa boo hoo cry cry. get over it.
Ign - Nef_Reave
Hmmm.

The Normal Hailrake fight was one of the best moments from when i started playing the game.

It was like;
Strand: ok learn basic controls here.
Lionseye: get some quests. Nothing unusual here
Coast: Still easy although fire fury was a bit interesting having not seen firestorm before
Tidal Island: ok the whites are no harder than coast
Hailrake: Fuck Me! Frozen and Dead!

I sure hope new players get to experience this :)

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
gandalf22 wrote:
who gives a shit about Hailrake fight Chris,you guys have more important things to do,like fixing the game

SUCH TRUE. MUCH WOW
All of you people bitching about this are just so silly.

This change probably took all of about ten minutes to discuss and five minutes or less to code. This is a great change for new players, of which I am happy to have more, and probably "stole" all of about two man hours development time from "fixing the game."

All these posts do is show just how juvenile you all are. Between your epeen inflating elitism, apparent need to complain about everything, and the fact that you think this change is keeping GGG from "fixing the game," all that remains is shame in this game's forum community.

Chris, keep on keepin' on. You're doing fine work.
never do medicine chest quest
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info