Improved Hailrake Fight in 1.1.3

"
Chris wrote:

I'm sorry that you feel there's a "growing lack of direction" - this must be poor communication on my part. I understand this news post calls out a change that you don't feel is necessary, but it's part of 1.1.3 that we are already able to talk about. There are lots of other important changes on the horizon, but they're not quite firm enough to promise for this specific patch. I was trying to avoid making today's news post just "Remember to try the 48 hour cut-throat event this weekend!" and decided to reveal this small change in 1.1.3.

Nothing to apologise for Chris. New players are the lifeblood of the game. When they make it past Normal, that's when the "Knife goes in! Guts come out!" mentality is appropriate.
Great call. It took far longer then my first Haildrake/Merveil encounter to figure out that Ice Spear is worse when you are far away.
Cool. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
Should help with player retention, which helps with income, which will help with all other aspects of the game. Also an easy, fast fix. Good call, overall.

Warning: some people in the thread should probably avoid going through this line of reasoning as it might melt their brains. Probably better to stick to 'fix desync'.

Very interesting. I avoided the merc difficulty because of this, especially when low level or close to zone level.
cool!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
It might be cool to have Hailrake acquire additional skills in later difficulties like many of the Rogue Exiles do. Perhaps have him mix in his good ol' Ice Spear when at range in Cruel, and curse the player with Frostbite as well in Merciless.
"
elvy wrote:
Should help with player retention, which helps with income, which will help with all other aspects of the game. Also an easy, fast fix. Good call, overall.

Warning: some people in the thread should probably avoid going through this line of reasoning as it might melt their brains. Probably better to stick to 'fix desync'.

+1 you get a cookie... I will agree with some other people that fairgraves needs a skill. Double strike or frenzy fits the bill without pwning new players and all you would need is some support skills in cruel and merciless to make it more effective.
I'm having fun. :)
Never died to Hailrake. First death on my first toon was a witch to Fairgraves. But that was over two years ago.
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info