Space's CoC Windripper Build (2 Million dps!?) Build Of The Week #7 [now w/ 1.2 tree]

Hi guys, i have an important question, probably brought up several times

But since 1.3 they moved revelry (mana gain on hit) in the tree, so its further away.

How do you deal with mana problems? I know that u can use Thief's Torment or Poacher's Mark.

But are there any other options? How about trying to leech with mana leech on that little phys you got?
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Pretty sure you can use a mana flask, lol. Thank god not all problems need to be solved on the tree.
surgeons mana flask .
"
tacata69 wrote:
Thank you if someone can answer. Is mind over matter/cloak COC bow build viable,if say i disregard acrobatics so i do not get the -50% penalty? Because for me this build is still soft. thank you

mind over matter bow build would not be as good as a acrobatics bow build imo. the reason why coc builda work as good as they do is they kill fast, the faster there dead the less time they got to kill yha and u crit alot and with any ice dmg yha / freeze alot yha can counter the huge hits with eva /flask more hp i just think yha would have a hard time with mana regen going mom or even the cloak cuz a coc build tends to chase after well crit chance nodes and wants crit chance gear and if yha aint you are doing it wrong. i think yha would be losing alot of the coc potentiality trying to get mom working with it imo try going with a lighting coil if yha don't want to be as glassy of a glass cannon lol
"
It has to be way worse in 1.3 tho. In the 1.3 patch they nerfed the cooldown on cast on crit from 0.01 seconds, allowing you to shoot 100 spells a second, to 0.05 seconds, reducing that number to 20 spells per second. That is a huge dps loss. Have you actually tried this build in late game 1.3?

Are you sure about that? do you trigger a spell every 0,05 second or less? It's hard to say, but using barrage the arrows comes after each other (how fast? i dunno), compared to using tornado with GMP where many arrows hit at the same time.
@caveman1969

nice points bro. BTW im running acro COC build coil version lol. Maybe just got bored not because it's weak but i just want to experiment more. Like going more on the witch area rather than the local passive nodes near the duelist/ranger. Anyway's you have any idea of a COC bow build that can do over atziri? Another thing is what do you think are spells best for a bow user. I think for wand users ARCTIC and FB are the best because the high CC for spells inherent in wands compensates for the low CC of arctic 5% pretty much easily 1 shot bosses using shot gun ,. Problem is with bows you really get to proc a lot of skills but the problem is the spell crit chance is poor IMO. To compensate for that we can go the witch area and get the extra spell CC and the extra PC but the problem is IMO is a waste of points. I think starting from the coldhearted calculation node you need to travel roughly 8 pts to get the extra power charge which is better spent elsewhere. If anyone has a viable solution on the above problem please let me know haha :) thank you
Last edited by iamking02 on Jan 4, 2015, 7:45:07 AM
@caveman1969

Anyways what are ur tought's on voidbringer( vs maligaro's(doedre's tenure maybe 50% spell damage is that bad for a glove but the survivability is not there). What are the pros and cons on using both. So i'll start mine.

Voidbringer

Pros :
-ofcourse 150% SPELL crit chance which lack in bow users compared to wand COC builds( that's why they say wands are more superior especially with using a mirrored wand o_O
-IMO the 80% increased in mana cost is negligible because barrage's mana cost is only 13-15 so x .80 = 20+ not much of an increase compared to the benefits you get
-another is that you dont need to have to go the witch area(for some to increase further more the spell crit and extra power charge)
-Most imprtant Pros for me is the +1 elemental gem in it. If you luckily get a +1 gem in the gloves you get a total of +1 gem +1 ele gem. Possible gem set up is if ur running purity auras + empower you get a ton of survivability. If you really want to yolo probable combination is RF + ENHANCE + EMPOWER + AA(optional) IF you have atziri's gloves + high damage + flasks to counteract the burn. <<<< again this is only a possibilty not saying it's viable lol
-the 200+ mana shield is decent amount and a nice bonus if ur using a low-life MF version of space's build and 20 mana shield on kill is not that bad

Cons:
-As a COC build we want more PROCING of spells rather than the triggered themselves criting more but less proc chance , this is where maligaro's stats win over voidbringer.

Maligaro's

Pros :
-Pretty much straight forward 50% global crit chance = more procs, 50% crit multi(legacy) which is insanely good

Cons :
-actually it really depends on the proc spells you use if your using arctic breath(w/c most of the COC users use for killing bosses using the shotgun effect) this is where maligaro's falls short because it has only 5% base crit which is very mediocre so even you proc spells a lot, none or only a few of them will crit. So basically the multiplier given by your amulet + quiver(70% legacy -_-) + multiplier nodes is wasted.
-BIGGEST CON : less procing

Started playing 4 months ago so really sorry for the noob explanation really happy if our hero space or anyone else who have a lot experience in COC bow builds would answer. thank you.

Last edited by iamking02 on Jan 4, 2015, 8:04:41 AM
Hi!

I got one more question:

im playing in bloodlines and i'd like to switch out my life leech gem for another spell. Atm my setup is:

Barrage - COC - GMP - Arc - Ice Spear - Life leech

I was wondering how you deal with reflect without the life leech gem. Is doryanis belt or bereks grip enough, even without vaal pact? I play in bloodlines, so i'd like to survive ^^ thx!
"
OneMinuteAgo wrote:
"
It has to be way worse in 1.3 tho. In the 1.3 patch they nerfed the cooldown on cast on crit from 0.01 seconds, allowing you to shoot 100 spells a second, to 0.05 seconds, reducing that number to 20 spells per second. That is a huge dps loss. Have you actually tried this build in late game 1.3?

Are you sure about that? do you trigger a spell every 0,05 second or less? It's hard to say, but using barrage the arrows comes after each other (how fast? i dunno), compared to using tornado with GMP where many arrows hit at the same time.

Maybe it works well with Barrage I have not tried it yet. I have done Spectral Throw gmp build and i'm pretty sure you can feel the difference there as you have constant spectral shit flying in the air. With Barrage you have a small pause before shooting each time, and the arrows go fast so I guess it didn't change anything for this build then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info