[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Non_Drifter wrote:
currently level 23 and really enjoying this build, abandoned my arc witch for this in warbands. I was wondering two things:

1) i just found Pillar of the Caged God. Is this a good weapon to take all the way to endgame?
2) how do you deal with the dexterity requirements for ST and DS? I've already had to take a big dex node to level them up already. Do you try to get armor/evasion gear, or just armor?

1) hmm...not sure. my warbands scion currently has 335 STR and 105 DEX. if you want, send me a message in-game and i can put it on real quick and tell you what it does damage wise. I suspect it won't do enough damage to beat a good weapon, but it's easy enough to just put on and see.

2) taking a big DEX or INT node early on (or even indefinitely) is fine...you will be near multiple. I usually end up capping my resists which leaves room for DEX and INT on items. INT is mainly useful for IIR, curses or whatever else you eventually want to try. Hatred also requires some INT. the general idea here is to get just enough to completely level your skills and wear your gear, but you don't need extra DEX (much later, accuracy rating is helpful) or INT.

in the beginning of the build, you can go for some of the dex nodes outright to help this too...you would just be skipping some more fun nodes earlier.

hybrid gear is nice if you are having trouble getting the correct number of red and green sockets on an item. that being said, even with a pure STR based chest armor, you still only need 2 green sockets in the 5L or 6L configuration, which isn't hard to roll.
Thanks for the advice! I honestly feel like it will probably be outclassed later on with a yellow, but for now, it is the best weapon i have. I may just PM you if you're on, thanks for the offer.

For now, i am having a bit of mana problems with the increased attack speed nodes i'm picking up, and I 4 linked ST and DS already (level 32). I'm also running Hatred, but the build seems to be doing pretty good, as long as i constantly chug a mana potion.
Yeah, no problem. Might even have some mid-level weapons I can give you to compare yourself.

I had to chug mana for awhile. A little leech helps, even if you take it temporarily. Just like the guy above you in this post, you might want to focus on slower attack speed and higher physical damage until you can support the mana problem. But the mana problem will go away. Also, I think I mentioned it above, but get grand mana flasks when you can...or anything that gives you the effect for a LONG time. Your mana pool after reservations will be really low, so you don't need big flasks, you just need it to keep refilling your globe for 10+ seconds while you hack people's faces off.

Another option you can try is to run clarity instead of HoA or another aura. Further down the road you can work with an Alpha's Howl or tree nodes for mana reservation and the Enlighten gem.

I am on Eastern Time, USA. Generally playing after work. Tonight I have some shit to do but maybe I'll stay logged in in the event you are on.
finally respec'd my lvl91. dps is over 100k. tree is favoring DPS over more life leech or armor currently.
adding a video to youtube now that should be done in about 10-15 minutes at:

http://youtu.be/jm_vpAN8eTc

notes:

still leveling flame golem and a couple other gems due to tweaks for 2.0

phys reflect at 2:15 and 3:32 is a joke

melted the melee boss's face off at ~6:00

Last edited by Say_Ten on Jul 30, 2015, 8:12:32 AM
uploaded a better video
builds looks as nice as it did on the old days
can you post your gear maybe?
"
prospecial wrote:
builds looks as nice as it did on the old days
can you post your gear maybe?

sup man, did you roll this again? still a lot of fun.

yeah, i will post the gear from my 91 in the original post

i got to level 78 and then took a hiatus to level my crit reave shadow for a bit but my level 78 gear is below:

Spoiler

the armor and amulet are the only decent things i have right now. haven't taken any sword nodes yet since i have that axe. i found kaom's primacy last night so i might switch to that if the pdps is higher. but at this point it is just finding better gear and largely a better weapon (2h sword) to get the damage up.
not yet, i didnt get to play as much as i like
but i will definitely go for it later on
your gear looks ok, one item at a time ^^

defense got much more important now, how is the new leech working for this build?
i found it hard to sustain health with melees without lgoh
Last edited by prospecial on Jul 30, 2015, 10:18:47 AM
"
prospecial wrote:
not yet, i didnt get to play as much as i like
but i will definitely go for it later on
your gear looks ok, one item at a time ^^

defense got much more important now, how is the new leech working for this build?
i found it hard to sustain health with melees without lgoh

seems like you can do ok combined with life regen. i was even messing with blood rage too, which has obvious benefits and disadvantages. the real kicker is the damage of monsters might be too great for leech to matter. people getting hit for 4k-5k damage on top of a sound defense is kind of ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info