[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

@the people with mana problems

you could try the mana on hit nodes at the duelist and ranger
they are very effective
"
prospecial wrote:
@the people with mana problems

you could try the mana on hit nodes at the duelist and ranger
they are very effective

yeah, there is always something easy to get to with this build. i normally recommend the "mana flows" node for people that are hurting in that department...or just running hatred only...but any temporary spec into these mana nodes is fine. generally you can find some decent equipment with mana regen as well.
What about Resoulute Technique...should we take that?
"
DeThroneDe wrote:
What about Resoulute Technique...should we take that?

Resolute technique would be nice if you wanted to run a build off a mace or axe. With swords and their built-in accuracy bonus, having a little bit of crit is nice for a damage boost. However, RT is really unnecessary.

I have never found that accuracy has been a problem so I think that the driver for that node, which is pretty far out of the way for my build, would be the acquisition of a 2H weapon that's not a sword with ridiculously high damage and a character with semi-crappy accuracy rating.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Aug 18, 2015, 8:15:02 AM
some people have asked about it and i am thinking about messing with vaal pact. my current problem is that, to get it, i have to find an extra 7 passive points. in doing so, i can:

drop damage: not fun and also lowers life leeched

drop defensive ability: probably not an option at my level

reduce the number of life leech nodes taken: i suspect this might work if i can get enough life leech on my equipment. in fact, it would be ideal.

i could also lose some nodes that are life regen-specific.

stay tuned. almost to 88 in warbands.
hit 89 the other day, also going to do some respec.

mainly i think i will get lose some damage nodes and also some armour nodes and take more life nodes.

see here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDAAOWBS0HdQmWDF8OPBDwFCAUcRiRGlUa5BuqHKchVSFgJJsnICmlLPsyCTJ-NZI26DkOOlI7KDwtQKBBdEMxRJ5HfkrIUEdTpVO7WK9eE18_YENhIWMXZU1nm2qlbEZuPW6qbztybHTtdPF4DXh6eu97w36agTqCB4LkgwmDX4PMhNmE74Zgh2qIj4jtiiKKr5ARkGyXeZ_LpzCpJ6luqZSp-q4-tfK3PryfvTa-gL6nvry_1cAawKbBB8au137Yvdl82sHcPeHv5FHvDvJB8lr3TfxL_TD-Cg==?accountName=Say_Ten&characterName=FLAGSHIP_TITS

"
Say_Ten wrote:
hit 89 the other day, also going to do some respec.

mainly i think i will get lose some damage nodes and also some armour nodes and take more life nodes.

see here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDAAOWBS0HdQmWDF8OPBDwFCAUcRiRGlUa5BuqHKchVSFgJJsnICmlLPsyCTJ-NZI26DkOOlI7KDwtQKBBdEMxRJ5HfkrIUEdTpVO7WK9eE18_YENhIWMXZU1nm2qlbEZuPW6qbztybHTtdPF4DXh6eu97w36agTqCB4LkgwmDX4PMhNmE74Zgh2qIj4jtiiKKr5ARkGyXeZ_LpzCpJ6luqZSp-q4-tfK3PryfvTa-gL6nvry_1cAawKbBB8au137Yvdl82sHcPeHv5FHvDvJB8lr3TfxL_TD-Cg==?accountName=Say_Ten&characterName=FLAGSHIP_TITS

Looks much better. Compared the stats and would definitely take that over the original tree.

I usually love swords in games but I've often found them not the best option when it comes to path of exile, which leaves me sad :D. I was just googling around for any 2-handed sword builds other than the few ice crash builds I can easily find. Stumbled to this and really like it. I like how it actually uses a melee skill for high damage but still has a skill for AoE clearing and I've never actually played with spectral throw before and been wanting to test it.

I might level up a new character in this league with this build and if I'm too lazy for that, I will definitely be playing this build in the next temporary league :).
thanks. for what i can do as a 2h melee character with no expensive items, i really like it.
hello! i am using your build and i just got a drop of Tabula Rasa at lvl 15 :D i wonder if its ok to use it with your build? im kinda new to the game. also could i use molten strike instead of spectral throw? its dps is like 3x stronger...
Last edited by simas345 on Aug 28, 2015, 8:35:01 AM
"
simas345 wrote:
hello! i am using your build and i just got a drop of Tabula Rasa at lvl 15 :D i wonder if its ok to use it with your build? im kinda new to the game. also could i use molten strike instead of spectral throw? its dps is like 3x stronger...

You might run into problems concerning your defences, i would test whether or not the loss of life, armor etc. troubles you too much. If not, feel free to use it ;).
Spectral Throw is mainly used for killing larger packs, it exceeds Molten Strike by far in it's AOE capability. Molten Strike might be good for single target, but the build already uses Double Strike for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info