[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Exanimumque wrote:
Can you make a preview of the Skill tree for what you aim for when youre near 90?

sure. without actually getting close again, here is a rough check on that. i saw and "took" some fortify-based nodes and went for 2h sword stuff again. i also took some life leech nodes. can't wait to get there and live it.

also of note is that instead of going for more melee nodes, you could opt for more projectile nodes. your call and i've always gone melee but projectile damage does help a lot when crap gets hairy and you need to kite a little.

here's an idea of what i might do, again assuming i/you would have changes here and there:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDlgUtBTwHdQmWERoV7BpVG_oceCFVIWAj0yXfJyAoKimlLPsxnjIJMn41kjboOQ46UjsoPC1AoEMxRJ5Hfkh4SshM_03jTipTu1dUWK9eE2BDYSFhUmVNZ5tsRm49bqpvJ287cmxza3TtdPF4DXrve8OC5IMJg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiO2KIoqvirOLT5ARkGyTqJd5mSuaaptqn8ukGaZXpzCpJ6luqZSp-q4-tfK2LLc-uR29Nr2BvoC-p768v9XAGsCmxVPGrsqQ2L3awdwy3D3h7-RR5cXrCfVG_gr-jw==

Is this build still viable? I wanna try to make a 2h Scion build but can't really find any beginner friendly stuff. Will this work for endgame?
"
goldiakafreak wrote:
Is this build still viable? I wanna try to make a 2h Scion build but can't really find any beginner friendly stuff. Will this work for endgame?

I'm up to level 62 so far and my gear is kinda crap (except for a decent weapon) and I'm still doing ok. Malachai on cruel was tough and full of deaths but I also don't even fully understand that fight yet and was just trying to get through and into Merciless.

I would say it is still viable but until I find some better gear, I won't know for sure if it's better, worse or the same.

I would like to point out (to one of the previous posters) that with Wurm's Molt and enough physical damage, I am able to hack away at faces without mana flasks. Once I go 5L, that MIGHT change, but so far it is pretty self-sustaining.

My goal now is to find some better equipment so I can boost stats and also set skills up the way they are supposed to be set up. I also want to do some tinkering with life leech and Fortify.
Nice build, i'am currently trying a modified version with a shield and a one handed sword, works fine.

But i have a simple question : do you succeed to manage your mana with only 1.2% leech ? I guess at a high level it can be enough as the dps is pretty high but i would like a confirmation because currently (lvl 53) i need a curse (poarcher's mark) to leech mana otherwise it burns really fast and it is the same for the life actually.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Jul 22, 2015, 3:44:26 AM
"
Synopsis wrote:
Nice build, i'am currently trying a modified version with a shield and a one handed sword, works fine.

But i have a simple question : do you succeed to manage your mana with only 1.2% leech ? I guess at a high level it can be enough as the dps is pretty high but i would like a confirmation because currently (lvl 53) i need a curse (poarcher's mark) to leech mana otherwise it burns really fast and it is the same for the life actually.

I'm up to level 72 now but have not needed mana potions for a long time. I think it's due to 2 things: 1) high physical damage and leech with wurm's molt and 2) some mana regen from jewelry. Worst case you could always carry around a couple of hybrid flasks that have utility (i shoot for flasks that have % increased armor and evasion and stack them with jade and granite flasks and the armor is nuts).

I JUST started to take some more life leech nodes and it seems to be getting better. I even considered trying out blood rage since my life regen is high. Current tree is at:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDlgUtB3UJlgxfFCAaPhpVHKchVSFgJyApLimlLPsyCTJ-NZI26DkOOlI7KDwtQKBDMUSeR35KyFBHU6VTu1dUWK9eE18_YENhIWFSZU1nm2xGbj1uqm87cmx07XTxeA14enrve8N8uILkgwmDX4PMhNmE74Zgh2qIj4oiiq-Ks5ARkGyTqJd5n8unMKknqW6plK4-tfK3Pr02voC-p768v9XAGsCmxq7YvdrB3D3kUe8O8i_9MP4K?accountName=Say_Ten&characterName=FLAGSHIP_TITS

While I could re-spec my lvl91 in standard, I'm just enjoying leveling this character in the new league. Plus that leaves me a respec on that character for whatever else I want to try.

Let me know how you do with the sword and board version. There are a similar number of 1H/Shield nodes within reach. You would just have to decide which type of attack you are going to skimp on (DS or ST). Realize that you could always respec for melee or projectile damage down the road too...
Hmm i will take some leech nodes and with your belt, i hope it will be ok for the mana in merciless.

here is my current tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSHBS0aVSFgKaUvzDIJMk4yfjboOlI7KECgQzFEnkd-SshM_1O7WK9gQ2LsZU1sRm49bqpybHTtdPF343gNeu-C5IMJhNmE74ZgiO2Kr4-ZkBGpbqn6tfK2ir02vqe-vL_VwBrAv8GC2sHh7w==

And i've still got 11 points unset (i'm lvl 53) :p The thing is i can't find any one handed weapon with a real physical dps, so i'm considering to respect my sword nodes to put them for a one handed axe, but the best i can find in term of damages is Dyadus and the physical damages are just a small proportion in comparison to the elemental damages. So maybe there is a possibility to make a mix between increasing physical and in the same time the elemental damages combined with shield nodes but it is hard to figure out how to do and to balance it properly.

Here are my items (note that nothing is really optimized my goal now is to do the game without problems) I had more leech before but i changed recently with it.

Also i didn't find a good item to use my mf jewel, so i keep it like that in my shield :p

Last edited by Synopsis on Jul 22, 2015, 11:07:13 AM
yeah, ok, so you are right on about not having enough physical damage. on top of that, you have a super fast weapon and for double strike you have faster attacks attached to it where i would prefer melee physical for the aforementioned reasons.

CoDT no longer works with enduring cry...are you manually casting that?

keep in mind that faster projectiles makes the spectral weapons go further. if you like that, that's fine...in end game i carry around a leveled FP gem for kiting certain bosses. but physical projectile damage is going to be your best bet to get the physical damage up on ST.

what's your IGN? might have some stuff for you. emphasis on "might" since i have been giving a lot of crap to my micro-managing friend to sell.

also, i just started out trying blood rage and it seems to work pretty well, assuming you have enough life regen and/or the slow drain of life doesn't annoy you. you get a decent dps bump from that plus the frenzy charges you generate. but again...more attack speed, so you might be wasting too much mana/sec.

send me a message in-game if you want.
Y i cast enduring cry manually, it is still really useful at least for my level.

I'm now in merciless i will try to optimize my stuff and skills once i can wear some good stuff around level 60. Hmm i didn't know about the faster projectiles, i guess i will change it.

Well i have to take some time to optimize it that's the bothering thing with this skill tree, otherwise i can't do merciless in a good time :/

Thanks, i will pm you about it :)

"
Synopsis wrote:
Y i cast enduring cry manually, it is still really useful at least for my level.

I'm now in merciless i will try to optimize my stuff and skills once i can wear some good stuff around level 60. Hmm i didn't know about the faster projectiles, i guess i will change it.

Well i have to take some time to optimize it that's the bothering thing with this skill tree, otherwise i can't do merciless in a good time :/

Thanks, i will pm you about it :)

keep in mind that i made it into merciless with pretty much 2L skills, so as long as you have enough offense OR defense, it's generally fine.

here's the other thing too: you could use a 2H weapon and not spec into 1h and shield nodes until you find a decent setup. even if you end up respec-ing out of some 2h nodes, it might still help you along.

because i know i will use a 2h weapon from the start, i don't mind spec-ing into 2h weapon nodes. however, you could easily take some smaller nodes under the scion and ranger start points for melee and projectile damage.

also not sure if you took the 1H nodes to the right of Sentinel (Studious Combatant) but i suspect those will be worth it to you.
currently level 23 and really enjoying this build, abandoned my arc witch for this in warbands. I was wondering two things:

1) i just found Pillar of the Caged God. Is this a good weapon to take all the way to endgame?
2) how do you deal with the dexterity requirements for ST and DS? I've already had to take a big dex node to level them up already. Do you try to get armor/evasion gear, or just armor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info