[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

I'm following your guide at the moment and it seems to be working well. How much health do you have and how do you sustain your mana?
I'm currently level 83 and here is my version of the tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyi-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18v6PNZJN46ZXMZ464f4K8kXYvYMJb57xs0tXwOOpbngNNuhYrwHnVtkJlusJJyCnMBQgUEcYkSSbgIr3TTpSDjyfy4Zg7hT5NJwnvooB3KQZhNkl3xv6ZU0UUkd-vYGZK25pxLjV-L6n0k3V7cAPapNOKrZBKaXA81uvfPWKIt0Nh3ZnoPzFSn2plJBsh2phIYTvdO1672BLBS1GaYjtG6phUm1KgTrApmxGMglybDJ-Sk9lLw==

I opted for more life nodes but Im not sure how efficient it is.
Also I'm using heavy strike, as I dont have enough dex to level doublestrike to level 20.
"
aorules wrote:
I'm following your guide at the moment and it seems to be working well. How much health do you have and how do you sustain your mana?
I'm currently level 83 and here is my version of the tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAYENuPQOWOyi-vILkkBGKr0rIbqq18v6PNZJN46ZXMZ464f4K8kXYvYMJb57xs0tXwOOpbngNNuhYrwHnVtkJlusJJyCnMBQgUEcYkSSbgIr3TTpSDjyfy4Zg7hT5NJwnvooB3KQZhNkl3xv6ZU0UUkd-vYGZK25pxLjV-L6n0k3V7cAPapNOKrZBKaXA81uvfPWKIt0Nh3ZnoPzFSn2plJBsh2phIYTvdO1672BLBS1GaYjtG6phUm1KgTrApmxGMglybDJ-Sk9lLw==

I opted for more life nodes but Im not sure how efficient it is.
Also I'm using heavy strike, as I dont have enough dex to level doublestrike to level 20.

I'd have to double check but I know my life was over 4000. Mana is sustained by leech:

However, if I had a 6L sword and armor i would add blood magic gems. Then I could probably try to run hatred, grace and herald of ash.

I respec'd here and there to take whatever had the greatest effect immediately. For example, if you have some life nodes nearby but you really want damage nodes that are separated by a few useless nodes (dex or whatever), take the life for now since you can use it immediately. when you level up a few more times, respec into the useless nodes and damage nodes you really want. towards the end i was doing that almost every couple of levels to maximize damage.

if you get some mana leech items you could spec out of the mana nodes (3 points) and put them elsewhere

if you need to, you can spec into a +30 dex node temporarily as well...just like you did with the intelligence node.

eventually you should find gear that negates the need for those though.

here's the rest of my equipment for the record. i have pretty much stopped at level 91 but if i ever kept going, every single point could be used nicely.

What do you think about the nodes from Warrior's Blood to Diamond Skin in the marauder's tree? They give a good life, a flask node that might or not be good, and more resists. Also, with that much life, wouldn't be good to run clarity with blood magic and focus on life leech instead of mana leech? And I don't know if I am mistaken, but it seems to me that evasion scales higher then armor on gear, so, with the Iron Reflexes we simply convert the value into armor? Cause if it's like that, some pure evasion or hybrid armor/evasion gear would be much better for defenses. I just started a character on this build, and I wanted some tips about those doubts to decide what to do next. Thanks in advance.
Hybrid armour/Evasion items have a better sum than the rough Armour items. But the scaling of pure Armour is really slightly inferior to pure evasion. These are the best common helmet in the game.

Nightmare Bascinet: 141 Armor 203 Evasion (Sum: 344)

Lion Pelt: 331 Evasion

Royal Burgonet: 328 Armor
"
DarkenLord wrote:
What do you think about the nodes from Warrior's Blood to Diamond Skin in the marauder's tree? They give a good life, a flask node that might or not be good, and more resists. Also, with that much life, wouldn't be good to run clarity with blood magic and focus on life leech instead of mana leech? And I don't know if I am mistaken, but it seems to me that evasion scales higher then armor on gear, so, with the Iron Reflexes we simply convert the value into armor? Cause if it's like that, some pure evasion or hybrid armor/evasion gear would be much better for defenses. I just started a character on this build, and I wanted some tips about those doubts to decide what to do next. Thanks in advance.

sorry i'm very late to respond here. took a long hiatus.

i just respec'd for the latest patch and my resists are even higher, so not sure you will need diamond skin anymore. i will post a link to the new tree in the original post. it seems my resists and damage are higher but my life is a bit lower.

with regard to life leech with blood magic and clarity, i haven't tried it, but ever since they nerfed the f out of leech, i have been wary of relying on it. you could try and let me know how it goes!

with regard to EVA vs ARMOR, are you saying the values are higher on similar ilvl gear? you can find very high values on either type (pure or hyrbid) and i usually just make sure i have some of each type so that setting the skills up in the sockets is easier.

i also wanted to comment on that fact that i upgraded my previously-archaic rig so i can probably do some more useful things, like post screen shots and videos
update for 2.0 so far up to lvl40. feels similar. stay tuned for more info on this well-rounded build.
Not sure if you mess up or forgot to update that part for 2.0

But Reduce Mana no longer work for Auras, so it's worthless linked to Hatred and Grace. (you now need Enlighten)
"
o4all wrote:
Not sure if you mess up or forgot to update that part for 2.0

But Reduce Mana no longer work for Auras, so it's worthless linked to Hatred and Grace. (you now need Enlighten)

yeah, just haven't gotten there yet. i did read about that and it sucks. i will say though, that i am still currently using hatred and HoA with no mana/mana regen passives selected. granted i will queue up mana flasks while i am attacking (i am currently using grand flasks for their extended time of effect) and i also have wurm's molt to leech a little.

more to come on the mana portion but so far so good

i would also like to point out that i finally died. once was to bleeding from piety that i just didn't expect. if i had an anti-bleed flask it would have been a joke. the second time was to malachai because i was trying to face-tank him the entire time and got one-shot. build still seems strong, and this is even with just 3L max and crap gear. i have been playing VERY wrecklessly. no research, no planning, no nothing. just run in and see what happens.

FYI double strike DPS is 3800 with 4L and i only just got into Cruel
Last edited by Say_Ten on Jul 15, 2015, 7:27:51 AM
Can you make a preview of the Skill tree for what you aim for when youre near 90?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info