[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
latterus14 wrote:
what are the pros / cons to play this build 2H, 1H + shield, dual wield , crit vs non crit? Obviously differences in survivability but im wondering which one is king late game, high tier maps, etc. Thank you

have had some guys run this as sword and board but i think unless you go crit, 1h+shield/dual wield is gonna be a little tough. and crit makes things expensive, so it defeats the purpose of my build.

i've been very happy with the build as-is with a 2h. my hopes are that eventually they will buff the scion ascendancy nodes since those are a little underwhelming currently. before ascendancy, this used to shine a bit more.

there is always the option to run this as a different class, like a straight up Slayer
I really enjoy this build, but i feel like my survivability is not good, the only thing keeping me alive in maps and everything in general is my life steal, which may or may not be good, im thinking of going Hematophagy.

My damage also feels a tad bit lackluster, 33k dps double strike and 11k on spectral throw with the basic buffs on(not taking into account frenzy charges).

My health also seems to be a bit low, which is surprising considering how much effort i put into getting that chest and the current rolls on my equipment.

You can see everything in my profile, id love some feedback as to what i could do.
Last edited by Nhadala12 on Mar 10, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
So this is a fun build not going to lie but, i feel like my ability to survive is not exactly there, i'm getting pretty much instagibbed by a lot of spell casters, melee isn't too bad but they hurt as well, not sure about my damage, cant really go past a map tier 4-5? I believe. and this is my profile. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tenebrae1994/characters
"
Tenebrae1994 wrote:
So this is a fun build not going to lie but, i feel like my ability to survive is not exactly there, i'm getting pretty much instagibbed by a lot of spell casters, melee isn't too bad but they hurt as well, not sure about my damage, cant really go past a map tier 4-5? I believe. and this is my profile. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tenebrae1994/characters

A couple of things i personally noticed, please do keep in mind that im not exactly a good player by any stretch of the imagination, but i am personally going to tell you a few things that helped me personally.

One of the things that i noticed is that your life rolls are too low and there arent enough of them.

I personally try to aim for 60+ life rolls on my rings and amulet and 80+ life rolls on the rest of my equipment(except the weapon ofc).

Also another thing that personally helped me a bit with surviving more is getting some leech nodes, like Vitality Void for instance and Hematophagy, while it isnt perfect by any stretch of the imagination it does help.

I would also recommend ditching Goldrim and instead get your resistances via the rest of your gear and getting a good rare helmet with decent resistances and 90+ life roll, mine personally only cost me a chaos which shouldnt be too expensive.

Now i am not a good player, but these things personally helped me aliviate some of the "i am too squishy" feel.
Last edited by Nhadala12 on Mar 10, 2017, 1:20:10 PM
What jewels do you use?
Steel Spirit jewel is it worth to stuch? Has anyone tryed this?
"
Belchonok wrote:
What jewels do you use?

life, physical damage, attack speed. there is a post somewhere in here where i listed a bunch of different ones.

@Blynauskas, Steel Spirit is not worth it
"
Nhadala12 wrote:
I really enjoy this build, but i feel like my survivability is not good, the only thing keeping me alive in maps and everything in general is my life steal, which may or may not be good, im thinking of going Hematophagy.

My damage also feels a tad bit lackluster, 33k dps double strike and 11k on spectral throw with the basic buffs on(not taking into account frenzy charges).

My health also seems to be a bit low, which is surprising considering how much effort i put into getting that chest and the current rolls on my equipment.

You can see everything in my profile, id love some feedback as to what i could do.

Ok first off on survivability: are your resists capped? i see you have two curses linked to CwDT...it will alternate those and overwrite them. pick one and either use increased duration for immortal call or stick a vaal skill in there, such as vaal grace, v haste or v double strike...just anything but something that won't do you any good =D. find a new belt with the same life but more resists so you can focus on dps on your other gear.

on DPS: ditch that amulet ASAP. find one with life and flat phys damage, especially if your resists are capped. can't see your weapon so can't comment on that. your gloves have cold damage, which is not ideal. you should have phys on there. but you do have attack speed and high life on them, so i'm inclined to say "ok".

other: do you need to run a mana flask or is thee .4% mana leech enough from the duelist area? you should pick up an atziri's promise flask since it provides awesome dps and more leech. you should also run a granite and jade flask together, popping them at the same time. toss in atziri's and a basalt and you should be pretty strong. i also see you don't have an anti-bleed flask...you should probably get that mod on one of them.
"
Tenebrae1994 wrote:

what nhadala12 said is correct. you could try to find better life rolls on some gear, such as the boots. your amulet, if you can (or someone can for you)...you should remove the mana and add flat physical damage to it.

are you overcapped on dex/int? resists capped?

your gloves are very offense-ridden, which is nice, but you may need to move gear around otherwise.

also, consider dropping alpha's howl for a short time to wear a rare helm, especially if your resists aren't capped. this will enable you to get something with at least 80 life on it pretty easily.

read what i wrote to nhadala12 about flasks too and follow suit.
The 0.4 mana leech is enough, i run a mana flask because my life flask drains all of my mana, i use the two together.

As for my resistances, yes they are capped at 75%.

Ill replace the amulet, thanks for the feedback.

But dear god this build is so dependant on life steal to survive maps. :D

And even then you get instagibbed by random things so all your exp progress resets :D

Im gonna need to get some more life in order to use this build properly.
Last edited by Nhadala12 on Mar 11, 2017, 12:40:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info