[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

thank you i will probably go for this

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAP8QLwB9vryC5JARiq9KyDsoA5ZuPWBDgwluqrXycmxsRjIJeA3AGqluWK826IZgOlIyfhpVYSGE76kneHqplITZR369NmVNvqfawXTtBS1670CgXhMhVdw9B3XApiz7iiInICFgRJ5TuwHnpzCfy3TxKaU1kti9_gq3PoPMPC3Grq4-Z5vkUVBH7w4UIF8_l3kJljkODF_9MGqlDjwUcdl8ggfyQbyfGJEbqhDw8lqBOmMXwQfXfiyFWhqAinYr902PYG8n4J8FZmFSk6hXVBEac2uKs5pqiI8a5BjXU6WI7eHvqfr8S_6PTeOmVzGee26XIcF8AMGEU-_9EGIh0AAADgAAAgAH0AEB9AECAgYAAAA=

i remove destroyer for hematophagy, i think the increased damage is better than just physical damage, i also take blade cunning and remove most of gem socket.
Since the dual leech nodes are now awesomely efficient, what are your thoughts on changing up the Berserker ascendancy with Slayer, maybe? Is the 25% attack and cast speed just too good to pass up or do you think that the 30% increased damage and cull (and leech from the passives) make up for that?

After reasoning this out myself, it would seem like Berserker for clearing speed and Slayer for pure boss killing. Is that semi-accurate? Also, which one do you have more trouble with? Are bosses a cakewalk?
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before.. But what ascendancy do you take as a scion with this build? I couldnt find anything in the first post..
"
Jamineal wrote:
Since the dual leech nodes are now awesomely efficient, what are your thoughts on changing up the Berserker ascendancy with Slayer, maybe? Is the 25% attack and cast speed just too good to pass up or do you think that the 30% increased damage and cull (and leech from the passives) make up for that?

After reasoning this out myself, it would seem like Berserker for clearing speed and Slayer for pure boss killing. Is that semi-accurate? Also, which one do you have more trouble with? Are bosses a cakewalk?

Slayer is a completely good option. You could even run this build as a straight up Duelist Slayer.

It's a matter of choice really. The Scion ascendancy nodes are still a little weak IMO but maybe that will eventually change.
"
Killahseven wrote:
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before.. But what ascendancy do you take as a scion with this build? I couldnt find anything in the first post..

I started with Berserker/Raider but Berserker/Slayer or Slayer/Raider would be equally good. Your choice!
Hey,
Just wanted to know if this build is good enough to start a new league and farm end-game content. I didn play for awhile and I heard that ST got severely nerfed. Currently, would you consider your build viable for high-end maps and bosses without having priceless gear ?

Thanks !
Last edited by Snouk on Mar 7, 2017, 1:14:57 PM
"
Snouk wrote:
Hey,
Just wanted to know if this build is good enough to start a new league and farm end-game content. I didn play for awhile and I heard that ST got severely nerfed. Currently, would you consider your build viable for high-end maps and bosses without having priceless gear ?

Thanks !

absolutely. the build scales well to endgame and still remains relatively cheap unless you want to go nuts.

ST was nerfed a long time ago but was recently re-buffed again in terms of the damage per level
"
absolutely. the build scales well to endgame and still remains relatively cheap unless you want to go nuts.

I'm having doubts about this build, more maybe about ST. I'm playing SSF and the biggest issue is to find good weapon. Here is mine, what i found about 7 lvl back
Spoiler

And now I'm kinda stuck. What I mean is what dmg does not scale drastically anymore. My ST does about 6-8k dmg depending on buffs and in highier tiers maps it is getting harder to kill even white mobs...

Here my version on skill tree (73 lvl now)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHcAl8FLQd1CZYMXw48ERoUIBRxGJEcpyFVIWAnICmlLPsxnjIJMn41kjkOOlI64UCgR35KyE3jUEdTpVdUWlJeE18_YVJlTWebagRqpWxGbqpvJ287cmxza3TtdPF343gNeHp5aHrve257w4IHhNmE74ZghweHaooiirOPYJOolyGXeZpqm12ezaZXqJqpJ6luqZSuPrXyvJ-9Nr6nwBrApsEEwXzGrtIh2L3ZfNrB3D3kUe8O707yQfJF8pfynP0w_gr-jw==?accountName=Blynauskas&characterName=BadPerson

Went for more life leech nodes for now, and it is really big help. In general, I like this build, especialy after I realised I can get free endurances charges with Vengeance and ECOMS support :D. This build has great defiance side, I like that, but still, I don't get satisfaction of clearing speed... And yeah, it has ups and downs with leveling, maybe I'm now having its downside. So, will see if it will turn something good or not :)
what are the pros / cons to play this build 2H, 1H + shield, dual wield , crit vs non crit? Obviously differences in survivability but im wondering which one is king late game, high tier maps, etc. Thank you
"
Blynauskas wrote:
"

I'm having doubts about this build, more maybe about ST. I'm playing SSF and the biggest issue is to find good weapon. Here is mine, what i found about 7 lvl back
Spoiler

And now I'm kinda stuck. What I mean is what dmg does not scale drastically anymore. My ST does about 6-8k dmg depending on buffs and in highier tiers maps it is getting harder to kill even white mobs...

Here my version on skill tree (73 lvl now)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHcAl8FLQd1CZYMXw48ERoUIBRxGJEcpyFVIWAnICmlLPsxnjIJMn41kjkOOlI64UCgR35KyE3jUEdTpVdUWlJeE18_YVJlTWebagRqpWxGbqpvJ287cmxza3TtdPF343gNeHp5aHrve257w4IHhNmE74ZghweHaooiirOPYJOolyGXeZpqm12ezaZXqJqpJ6luqZSuPrXyvJ-9Nr6nwBrApsEEwXzGrtIh2L3ZfNrB3D3kUe8O707yQfJF8pfynP0w_gr-jw==?accountName=Blynauskas&characterName=BadPerson

Went for more life leech nodes for now, and it is really big help. In general, I like this build, especialy after I realised I can get free endurances charges with Vengeance and ECOMS support :D. This build has great defiance side, I like that, but still, I don't get satisfaction of clearing speed... And yeah, it has ups and downs with leveling, maybe I'm now having its downside. So, will see if it will turn something good or not :)

you are using blood rage, correct? what support gems do you have on ST currently? The leech and extra life nodes you have at this point are the tradeoff on DPS. SSF makes things a little harder but hopefully you can find a decent weapon soon, possibly a unique one. don't give up...remember: that's the whole point of SSF...it's grindy AF and more difficult but more rewarding.

i can't see your gear but make sure you have some flat phys stacked on your jewelry and/or gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info