[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

I'm currently doing this build and seems to hit a wall. I can't seem to upgrade my Life and DPS. I have about 35k on Double Strike with Hatred and Ash activated.

I know I don't have have the same items but I've tried with different item and I gain nowhere near 70k of DPS with 2x add 16 physical.

Any idea on how I could upgrade that?

Thanks
"
dubardo wrote:
I'm currently doing this build and seems to hit a wall. I can't seem to upgrade my Life and DPS. I have about 35k on Double Strike with Hatred and Ash activated.

I know I don't have have the same items but I've tried with different item and I gain nowhere near 70k of DPS with 2x add 16 physical.

Thanks

make your character tab public or link your gear. its likely based on your gear.
"
Nhadala12 wrote:
The 0.4 mana leech is enough, i run a mana flask because my life flask drains all of my mana, i use the two together.

As for my resistances, yes they are capped at 75%.

Ill replace the amulet, thanks for the feedback.

But dear god this build is so dependant on life steal to survive maps. :D

And even then you get instagibbed by random things so all your exp progress resets :D

Im gonna need to get some more life in order to use this build properly.

this build was actually born when leech was insane. you could just facetank bosses with it. now the monsters hit insanely harder and you have to be tactical. be sure to keep fortify up and play smart and safe until you get the life or dps to outweigh that.

FYI, almost all good builds in this game survive on leech, especially if you are melee or pseudo melee. high dps bow characters generally try not to get hit at all.
This build seems to be very Strength-heavy. Is there any specific reason for it to be sword-based rather than axe-based? Is this primarily to increase the chance for green slots on the weapon?

I am currently in late Chapter 2 and am struggling to be able to equip swords: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQOWGlUyCTJ-Nug6UjsoSshYr2BDYSFsRm49bqpybHgNguSDCYZgiq-QEalutfK-vMAa
"
ssfsx17 wrote:
This build seems to be very Strength-heavy. Is there any specific reason for it to be sword-based rather than axe-based? Is this primarily to increase the chance for green slots on the weapon?

I am currently in late Chapter 2 and am struggling to be able to equip swords: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQOWGlUyCTJ-Nug6UjsoSshYr2BDYSFsRm49bqpybHgNguSDCYZgiq-QEalutfK-vMAa

eventually you will have enough DEX, but don't worry about using swords right now. use whatever the highest dps 2H weapon you can find is. you can spec into swords much much later.

as far as why swords vs. axes, the accuracy rating is nice to keep your chance to hit high. the tree has changed quite a bit over the years...there use to be way more sword nodes than axe nodes. now it's about even, but i still prefer swords. some of the axe nodes are geared toward DoT if you find yourself going that route in the future.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dubardo wrote:

Thanks

make your character tab public or link your gear. its likely based on your gear.

heheh sorry, still new to theses forums! :)
Hey man, just wanna say that i really enjoy the playstyle of this build, really fun to play. Got lucky on mid cruel and found this bad boy:

i tried to socket craft it and got a insta 5l with the profecy. It gave me ridiculous damage, it allowed me to faceroll content until late merciless. But now Im really struggling with survivability on act 4, just had the luck to find this belt

Any tips besides getting high life rolls on every piece of gear? Also, is there a better sword you would recommend?
Last edited by Lannic on Mar 12, 2017, 9:24:29 PM
"
dubardo wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dubardo wrote:

Thanks

heheh sorry, still new to theses forums! :)

ok, your gear needs quite a bit of help. ditch that amulet and also thief's torment (which is nullifying the one good piece of jewelry you have...that unset ring). make sure your resists are capped and if they are, then focus on maximum life and adds physical damage to attacks stats. your gloves can get you a lot more DPS too if you found some with flat phys and attack speed on there. you will have to solidify your defense first though. let me know if you have more questions.
"
Lannic wrote:
Hey man, just wanna say that i really enjoy the playstyle of this build, really fun to play. Got lucky on mid cruel and found this bad boy:

i tried to socket craft it and got a insta 5l with the profecy. It gave me ridiculous damage, it allowed me to faceroll content until late merciless. But now Im really struggling with survivability on act 4, just had the luck to find this belt

Any tips besides getting high life rolls on every piece of gear? Also, is there a better sword you would recommend?

yeah dude, either go more defensive on the tree for now or find higher life rolls. other than that, keep fortify up, use CwDT with a curse properly, and play smart.

aside from starforge, which is insanely expensive, doomsower is pretty cheap and i believe it is up there with the highest dps unique 2h sword that's cheap. kondo's may also be up there. the best swords are rare. i prefer reaver base for the attack speed. ideally try to find something that's at least 450pdps with at least 1.5 attacks per second.
Hi,

Me again.

I finally took the time to clean up my mess of Standard stash tabs. Actually had a few EX and legacy stuff laying around.

I look to improve my passive tree/gear now that 2.6 is out and LSSF leaves me wanting to smash some stuff. Wanted to ask your input.

Changes since last post
I respecced my tree to pick up Barbarism (fire resist/life), grabbed an extra endurance charge, Dropped Unwavering Stance (to gain benefits from blind) and took projectile dmg instead of resists coming out of Scion start.

I added low level firestorm and blind to my CwDT link. Seems to work pretty darn good.

Started using Ancestral Warchief. It does a ton of damage, but I think Decoy may be better for some bosses.

Gear:
I plan to dump the currency I have in a 6-link belly (currently running 5L) for ST. I plan to toggle between life leech, and if I can get a corrupted one (with white socket), projectile speed too.

Aside from that, I guess Jewels would be my next area where upgrades would be most influential. Out of my jewels, which would you suggest upgrading and why? (I assume you can see my jewels?)

Passive tree/build tweaks:
Should I try to capitalize on the bleed DoT from Atziri's Disfavour? Some ideas are getting "Blood Letting" (4 points out) and/or "Dirty Techniques" (4 points out) and lastly maybe the newly buffed "Hatchet Master" which is also right by Dirty Techs.

The problem is that I'm having trouble identifying passives to drop to make room and don't picture myself leveling too fast from here out. Any suggestions?

Should I invest more (gear/passives) in DoT from Bleed and Poison?

My goal is to spend all available currency and push end-game content more aggressively.

Thank you, sir.

IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Last edited by Jooksone on Mar 13, 2017, 7:18:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info