[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

I would like to ask something about the ascendancy. You use one point for "Raider", which gains us 25% chance to avoid elemental status, 4% chance to dodge, 10% chance to get a frenzy charge and onslaught on full health. We don't profit from the dodge in reason of "Unwavering Stance", we don't use "Frenzy" as a skill and will perhaps later on mostly of the time not beeing on full health.

Did you pick it up only for the frenzy effect? Why don't we take "Deadeye" instead, with an additional projectile (+33.3% damage), piercing, bleeding and 30% more damage to spectral throw?
Last edited by Firderis on Mar 14, 2017, 1:14:11 AM
"
Firderis wrote:
I would like to ask something about the ascendancy. You use one point for "Raider", which gains us 25% chance to avoid elemental status, 4% chance to dodge, 10% chance to get a frenzy charge and onslaught on full health. We don't profit from the dodge in reason of "Unwavering Stance", we don't use "Frenzy" as a skill and will perhaps later on mostly of the time not beeing on full health.

Did you pick it up only for the frenzy effect? Why don't we take "Deadeye" instead, with an additional projectile (+33.3% damage), piercing, bleeding and 30% more damage to spectral throw?

Hi,

The ascendancy Raider is 10% to get a frenzy charge on kill and Onslaught while on full frenzy charges (not full life). So full frenzy charge = onslaught. If you use blood frenzy, you will pretty much always have full FC/Onslaught if there are mobs around.

Unwavering Stance says "cannot evade" attacks. Unless I'm mistaken, "Dodge" still applies. So effectively you can have unwavering and still get 4% "dodge".

I personally just specced out of unwavering stance so I could capitalize on "blind". As long as you have a big life pool, a little stun recovery and are good at "avoiding big hits", stuns aren't a problem.
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
"
Jooksone wrote:
Hi,

Me again.

I finally took the time to clean up my mess of Standard stash tabs. Actually had a few EX and legacy stuff laying around.

I look to improve my passive tree/gear now that 2.6 is out and LSSF leaves me wanting to smash some stuff. Wanted to ask your input.

Changes since last post
I respecced my tree to pick up Barbarism (fire resist/life), grabbed an extra endurance charge, Dropped Unwavering Stance (to gain benefits from blind) and took projectile dmg instead of resists coming out of Scion start.

I added low level firestorm and blind to my CwDT link. Seems to work pretty darn good.

Started using Ancestral Warchief. It does a ton of damage, but I think Decoy may be better for some bosses.

Gear:
I plan to dump the currency I have in a 6-link belly (currently running 5L) for ST. I plan to toggle between life leech, and if I can get a corrupted one (with white socket), projectile speed too.

Aside from that, I guess Jewels would be my next area where upgrades would be most influential. Out of my jewels, which would you suggest upgrading and why? (I assume you can see my jewels?)

Passive tree/build tweaks:
Should I try to capitalize on the bleed DoT from Atziri's Disfavour? Some ideas are getting "Blood Letting" (4 points out) and/or "Dirty Techniques" (4 points out) and lastly maybe the newly buffed "Hatchet Master" which is also right by Dirty Techs.

The problem is that I'm having trouble identifying passives to drop to make room and don't picture myself leveling too fast from here out. Any suggestions?

Should I invest more (gear/passives) in DoT from Bleed and Poison?

My goal is to spend all available currency and push end-game content more aggressively.

Thank you, sir.

I think if you have Disfavour you should give it a go. I THINK you can actually abuse Bloodlust on your skills because they aren't causing the bleeding but I'm not positive.

I would go bleed only...no awesome way to scale poison without crit or more nodes nearby.
"
Firderis wrote:

Jooksone is correct. You will still get dodge. Also, frenzy charges come from Blood Rage...not using the Frenzy arrow skill.
Hey, I really like the idea of this build. I came across it a bit after I was already a bit invested in my build (around lvl 25). I opted to go dual wielding instead of 2-hand. Can anyone take a look at my Scion and let me know if it's a lost cause? I'm not super thrilled with how it plays and I am fairly certain I goofed on the passives.

Here is the passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQDuAdwOPBRxFI4VIBc-GbQaVRuqKk0s6S2DMn426DpSPydKyFpSYSFko25phNmGYIjtm12omqn6vqfAdsS41fjh7_KX

thanks!
"
Boagrius wrote:
Hey, I really like the idea of this build. I came across it a bit after I was already a bit invested in my build (around lvl 25). I opted to go dual wielding instead of 2-hand. Can anyone take a look at my Scion and let me know if it's a lost cause? I'm not super thrilled with how it plays and I am fairly certain I goofed on the passives.

Here is the passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQDuAdwOPBRxFI4VIBc-GbQaVRuqKk0s6S2DMn426DpSPydKyFpSYSFko25phNmGYIjtm12omqn6vqfAdsS41fjh7_KX

thanks!

dual wielding with double strike means you are not swinging your off-hand weapon. you will get the attack speed and block buffs dual wielding but will only hit with your main hand (the one on the left when you look at your inventory). since they buffed the base damage of most 1h weapons, you will probably be fine. you can do some really interesting things with your off-hand weapon in terms of using uniques that yield special buffs.

however, spectral throw will alternate which weapon it throws, which means that if your off-hand has crappy damage, you will suffer with that. so keep that in mind.

as far as the tree, it's ok. i can't really nitpick anything at level 25. i would have gone more on the left side of the tree for berserking and duality (on the right i would have stopped at the make damage node and maybe you could take the jewel socket later). also mana flows should be useless later on, so remember you will probably spec out of that and into the life nodes below it.
I have been using Dual Strike in place of Double Strike. I'm probably going to re-roll and follow your build more directly! My build just feels off.

I just always try to "make it my own," when it comes to builds in ARPG's.

But POE is less forgiving than most ARPG's it seems.

Thanks dude.
"
Boagrius wrote:
I have been using Dual Strike in place of Double Strike. I'm probably going to re-roll and follow your build more directly! My build just feels off.

I just always try to "make it my own," when it comes to builds in ARPG's.

But POE is less forgiving than most ARPG's it seems.

Thanks dude.

no problem man...and this really is just a guide.

people have done some interesting things with it. sometimes they even give me better ideas too.

things that aren't in the build that have been tried: different attack skills, different weapon types (1h, 2h), different weapon classes, poison/chaos and bleed, crit, etc.

there are a ton of unique items in this game that can slightly change the build, and, on top of that, the passive skill tree is completely modifiable.

you could take more leech, take more life, take more damage, take more attack speed, focus on auras, buff fortify, etc.

what i found with this game, coming from diablo 2, titan quest and other games, was that this game is much deeper and takes some time to understand. it isn't as straightforward as the other games due to all the mechanics.

it is SUPER helpful to run someone else's build to learn about mechanics and what works and what doesn't. then you can come up with your own ideas. this is how i came up with this build and my melee shadow build.

if you need more help, feel free to hit me up in game or post here. good luck!
Hi, I'm currently running this char on another accout and it's seems very funny to play. But there's one problem I can't resolve. How you sustain chaos damage? Spider in Jungle Valley just killing me in a second :(
"
romale983 wrote:
Hi, I'm currently running this char on another accout and it's seems very funny to play. But there's one problem I can't resolve. How you sustain chaos damage? Spider in Jungle Valley just killing me in a second :(

Kill it faster than it can kill you.

How much life do you have? You will need to use Spectral Throw for that boss and move around because there are a lot of adds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info