1.1.1 Patch Notes

Why in the world did they nerf even more Vaal skills to uselessness?

I don't get this; They spend all this time adding a bunch of new skills and they make it completely garbage and completely deincentivize it's use.

As if it wasn't bad enough already that vaal skill gems couldn't share souls...
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 14, 2014, 2:32:26 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Does that make sense ?? ... if so I'm struggling and apologise. You use a skill that is not mentioned in any patch notes and think ... cool, I'm squishy but do big damage, noice. How was I to realise it had even been buffed, let alone unintentionally. I'm not having a crack, just thinking it seems illogical. I couldn't really anticipate a nerf to something I did not know had happened, especially in light of unspecified "buffs for casters, with more to come"

I repeat, it's not that bad, but 30% is big cut. Single player it has been great fun, and hopefully still will be.

Fair enough for newer players, yes. But for long standing players who started a flameblast build after, my point stands.

"
No. Setting something on fire and letting it burn to death is not '1 shotting'. This would be the equivalent argument as dropping a searing bond totem 1 shots everything because they burn to death......

One shot / cast. Then it dies. It's one-shotting.

Even if you classify "one shotting" as 1-charge and the mob dies, then okay I suppose, but it hardly did that in mid to higher level maps anyways, or really anywhere in merciless unless you were overlevelled. Then the whole qq about one-shot vs can't do it now is moot anyway.

"
This. The only time the skill was even remotely useful was against blue-packs / rares and unique monsters. Otherwise shit was dead before you even finished casting or it just moved out of the way.

Nope. This build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/748618

My ignite damage clears mobs often before melee can go chase them.

Did you even read wtf you just wrote?

Did you really just admit it doesn't one-shot in merciless or maps then attempt to argue that the fact it was nerfed is moot?

Let's see......didn't one shot things before.....nerfed 35%.....definitely doesn't one shot things now but deals 35% less damage. Yep nerf definitely had no effect because one shotting is the only thing that matters, dps is irrelevant.
"Before melee can chase them" What melee lol?

It is usually a handful of SB or desecrate chars and they have burned anything white to death before I even get to stage 5.
Last edited by Burgingham on Mar 14, 2014, 2:45:56 AM
nice, again an update for only 4 month leagues.
Hope you didn't nerfed the Invasion bosses to the ground. i still want that "Im afraid to join an area" feeling, really!

Also, thanks for the higher loot of 'em. This was really necessary!

Asta
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 14, 2014, 2:48:29 AM
...are people really still trying to tell me glitched fb damage was fair?

a full charge takes 3 seconds with 0 cast speed. name me one other skill that can kill norm and cruel weaver in 3s with zero relevant offense nodes allocated, please

and squishy skill? you know it has charge levels 1-9 right...and not just 10. short charge flameblasts are ridiculous at kiting, especially with conc-prolif builds that get all their aoe damage from prolif burn

perhaps instead of mindlessly following the faceroll op train, you guys should've actually learned how to use the skill while you were on it...it was always a strong skill. it was a kripp discharge that didn't need vp or triple curse cuz of the versatility of short charges
Actually Invasion league begins just now .. so sad for lost week and half.
Mirror of Kalandra?
@Bowser: They could have just nerfed it on lower levels. I agree it was too good for leveling.

The problem is the later game especially in party play. Solo the skill is probably still viable, but when there is other people around shooting stuff you hardly ever get a shot in in the first place. Then I at least want to make it count when I do. They removed that now.

P.S.: You usually do not use CE on FB. I mean you can and I often switch it in at bosses, but the bigger area for once is actually important with FB.
Kiting is meh at best with this skill, there is skills much better at doing this so why would I make my character's life hard on purpose?

P.P.S.: I made an FB build by myself the second the server got on, not even knowing anyone was gonna play that. But nice job judging everyone without any inside knowledge.
Last edited by Burgingham on Mar 14, 2014, 3:06:59 AM
Flameblast nerfed time to switch to DD
No lightning ball?:(
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info