[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

Hi need quick gear/stat help. Level 44 (Act 3 Cruel).

HP: 1010, Shield: 322, Mana is good, with clarity i can spam FP (3 link) but IS (4 link) requires some regen.

My resistances are pretty low...0% fire, 28% ice, -10 lighting, -20 chaos...

I was wondering if you could tell me whether my stats are way too shit for where I'm at and where I should farm to catch up?

Thanks.
Its funny how similar build i have to yours atm :D I chose to be ice mage and played Shadow as i didn't want to have girl model xD I guess its not big difference since i made it to witch tree and at start of the shadow tree there are spell/ice nods too.

At lv36 i use freezing pulse with faster projectile and LMP just like you wrote xD Need to find quality gem so it can go even further :) I was also wondering will GMP help me and its nice you addressed that even though it was inconclusive ;P

On my totem i used ice skulls (i changed the name but it suits it and i always forget the original name :D) with LMP.

For curse i obviously have frostbite but i don't need it that much since atm i faceroll enemies pretty quickly.

For defense i got things you didn't mention - molten shell and ice wall. I dont use ice wall too much because it last very shortly but it gets longer duration with levels so its more usefull than on the start :) Molten shell is for some survivibility, even tho i dont need that much.

For auras i use clarity and discipline. Even tho i have reserved like 3/4 of mana, my mana regen very fast so its ok. And I got discipline cause i was losing too much hp IMO and wanted to be more bulky. I wasnt really dying or anything but i didnt want to have half hp after 3-4 hits :P ES shield is really nice especially with all those nods +% to ES so its quickly building up recently :P

Can't wait for more linked sockets so i can upgrade my spells with more supports :D
is it better to go dagger + shield or dual wield?
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
I have question about Fitness in shadow tree. This skill is good idea? We can save 3 points if won`t take it. First, dexterity, ok maybe we will need more dex but on higher levels. Second, movement speed, 4%, we will feel difference? Third, 10% hp and 20 str, only spell totem need str to level up, but not many and we will have ~70 str (from health nodes, near witch tree)(or 90, i don`t remember but there is one more node with 10% hp/20 str).

So for 3 points we have 30 dex (useful in late game), move speed (little difference) and hp/str (nice/useless). Won`t be better if we add this points into 3 nodes x8%hp located near crit nodes (don`t need additional points to reach them). They will give us 24% hp (or 16% if we add/save one point for 30 dex).

And, as usual, sorry for my English.

@up probably he will say "shield until u get nice gear to survive on Merci/maps and enough experience to do not die every 5 minutes".
Last edited by DamianTaps on Feb 4, 2013, 3:43:31 PM
forgive my possibly ignorant comment, but wouldn't you go splat really really fast with this build?
"
Ghizz wrote:
Hi need quick gear/stat help. Level 44 (Act 3 Cruel).

HP: 1010, Shield: 322, Mana is good, with clarity i can spam FP (3 link) but IS (4 link) requires some regen.

My resistances are pretty low...0% fire, 28% ice, -10 lighting, -20 chaos...

I was wondering if you could tell me whether my stats are way too shit for where I'm at and where I should farm to catch up?

Thanks.

Act3 will probably be pretty hard. But then you'll get to merciless and be able to grind ledge for a while, which is waaaay easier than cruel A3. If you're playing solo you stand a pretty good chance of dying in A3 though :D

"
AntonChigur wrote:
is it better to go dagger + shield or dual wield?

Use a shield unless you have ridiculous other gear with huge HP and capped resist :)
"
DamianTaps wrote:
I have question about Fitness in shadow tree. This skill is good idea? We can save 3 points if won`t take it. First, dexterity, ok maybe we will need more dex but on higher levels. Second, movement speed, 4%, we will feel difference? Third, 10% hp and 20 str, only spell totem need str to level up, but not many and we will have ~70 str (from health nodes, near witch tree)(or 90, i don`t remember but there is one more node with 10% hp/20 str).

So for 3 points we have 30 dex (useful in late game), move speed (little difference) and hp/str (nice/useless). Won`t be better if we add this points into 3 nodes x8%hp located near crit nodes (don`t need additional points to reach them). They will give us 24% hp (or 16% if we add/save one point for 30 dex).

And, as usual, sorry for my English.

@up probably he will say "shield until u get nice gear to survive on Merci/maps and enough experience to do not die every 5 minutes".

Haha you called my response on the shield.

You will really need that dex actually. I think 4% runspeed is really good personally, but I guess its a matter of opinion. And don't forget 20 STR is +10 base HP :)

"
fadeawayyx wrote:
forgive my possibly ignorant comment, but wouldn't you go splat really really fast with this build?

If you screw up, sure. But that applies to almost any build :)

Freeze and range means you don't need to sit there and tank enemy attacks. With ES and high resist you should have enough buffer not to explode randomly to a couple rhoas or flickers. There are other large physical bursts, but in general if you know physical burst enemies are around, you just have to play more carefully.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 4, 2013, 8:20:19 PM
what about leveling up gems? I browse through other guides and one says not to level clarity past 3 and not leveling curse gems.

I realize it's a completely different build, but just want to make sure before I level them.

Should we level these up as long as we aren't mana drained all of the time? Or are there certain gems we should not level up too much for this build?
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
The only thing you might not want to lvl up is Clarity, if it is eating your whole mana pool. But you will eventaully want to lvl it all the way IMO.
Is this something that you would want to use or do you want a resist head? Talking about merciless and up
IGN Mauraudar
Last edited by Martinhq on Feb 5, 2013, 8:56:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info