[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

Thoughts on Killing Kraityn in Normal?
IGN: Seanald (Duelist), Seanlol (Shadow)

Duelist Dual Wield Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/78037/page/1
I've been using a similiar build since closed beta, and haven't found anything even close to efficiency/fun this character brings.

However i'm personally way bigger fan of ice spear instead of freezing pulse just because of reliability of the damage since there's a boost on crit chance on spear, it reaches sub 100% chance to crit, and pretty much kills anything in single hit with high crit dam, this is also where i prefer using critical weakness instead of frostbite, since crit weakeness is a multiplier, you can reach some crazy crit damage, in closed beta my character had 750% crit dam, and then crit weakness with qual basically doubles that, which usually ends up 1 shotting map bosses, which is pretty ridiculous.

Also another thing to note about crit weakness, it rolls for crit again when you hit a target, so not only ice spear has crazy high crit chance, you roll the chance for it twice per hit on cursed mob, nearly guaranteeing a critical hit on a target.

I was using similiar build(grabbed es in middle instead of going for templar tree)on hc, but unfortunately died at lvl 66, i can reccomend this to anyone trying out poe, it's like the easiest build to pull off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LczjWSe7Auk&

i know that this is a closed beta character, and it's witch as well, but it can show power of fairly high end ice spear based caster, in case anyone wants i could record video with my current open beta shadow using almost exact same build

IGN : kps_r
Last edited by kapsel on Feb 3, 2013, 8:29:03 AM
How does this build compare to something like Ivan's eldritch battery/armour crit shadow?

Right now I have his dagger/shield melee shadow which prioritized flicker/viper strike with lightning strike.

How would this caster version fair up? I'm getting kinda bored of the melee one atm and I like switching around so I'm going to lvl this build now.
I want to thank you for your guide. It has helped me out so much! This is now my favorite character.

Did you ever use frost wall?
"
Akraid wrote:
Possible to adapt to Cold to Fire? How the skill tree would be?
And exist the possible to run it w/ EB? I really love thousands auras. lol

EB inner force would look something like this.

You'd get Body and Soul, use armor gear except enough ES to get EB mana, and use granites instead of mana pots because your regen alone should sustain you.

Not a fan of cold to fire because FP is a fast casting medium dmg spell, and burns dont stack, so its not a big benefit IMO. But its easy to modify the build for it, it goes right next to burning dmg and fire dmg notables.

"
seanmcdn wrote:
Thoughts on Killing Kraityn in Normal?

He's annoying. Don't start the fight right next to him. Get zombies. If you want to cheese the fight, kill the adds, TP out, then restart it. I also tend to do the bandits close to the end of A2 instead of at the start so I'm higher lvl.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 3, 2013, 6:44:25 PM
I never realised how good +quality was on FP. Time to go shopping, what should I be offering for say a +12-15%?

I see IS (that's a mouthful) gets a speed increase with it too, which should help a lot with aiming.
"
kapsel wrote:

However i'm personally way bigger fan of ice spear instead of freezing pulse just because of reliability of the damage since there's a boost on crit chance on spear, it reaches sub 100% chance to crit, and pretty much kills anything in single hit with high crit dam, this is also where i prefer using critical weakness instead of frostbite, since crit weakeness is a multiplier, you can reach some crazy crit damage, in closed beta my character had 750% crit dam, and then crit weakness with qual basically doubles that, which usually ends up 1 shotting map bosses, which is pretty ridiculous.

Crit weakness would definitely own with Ice Spear. I like FP better because its just better at clearing large packs of enemies, and it gives superior potential DPS (even with a 100% crit spear!).

I'll have to try out putting spear in my 5l and seeing if I can one shot a map boss though, that sounds pretty fun :)

"
Itchy91 wrote:
How does this build compare to something like Ivan's eldritch battery/armour crit shadow?

Right now I have his dagger/shield melee shadow which prioritized flicker/viper strike with lightning strike.

How would this caster version fair up? I'm getting kinda bored of the melee one atm and I like switching around so I'm going to lvl this build now.

Not familiar with the build you're asking about. I'm also not sure how this compares directly to melee shadow, but I do know that in the default top20, the only two shadows there are this build (well except Byrr's dead HC shadow lol).
this build looks cool, I'm gonna start one.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
Vantana wrote:
I never realised how good +quality was on FP. Time to go shopping, what should I be offering for say a +12-15%?

I see IS (that's a mouthful) gets a speed increase with it too, which should help a lot with aiming.

I bought a 14% for 4gcp, but that was quite early. Might be cheaper now, dunno.

But yes, its amazing!
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
Vantana wrote:

I bought a 14% for 4gcp, but that was quite early. Might be cheaper now, dunno.

But yes, its amazing!

I just bought a 13% for 4gcp today, so it still seems pretty steep unfortunately

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info