[0.11.0] Aimlessgun's Cold Caster Guide [Now with RF/PA section] Videos! [

"
DamianTaps wrote:
I asked about ES, because I don`t know why all don`t like CI now. We will have higher resists, similar effective HP (or a little less) and chaos resist. So why HP>ES? Potions? I`m seriously don`t know, tell me why if you can.

And Life Gain on Hit will work with FP?

There's no reason for Ci to have higher resists except for Chaos. But yeah, basically because potions. If you get a DoT on you with CI, you have a very high chance of being screwed. You need Ghost Reaver to use life leech. I just don't see the advantage without great ES gear.

I believe only the support gem Life Gain on Hit will affect FP (actually not even sure if it does).

"
RaZmAn wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of your damage and armor screens? I'm just curious as to what it looks like. Most shadows I know go for IR but you've completely avoided that route since you rely more on spell rather than claws I guess.

I have essentially zero armor and a small amount of evasion (1100). But yes, because you're a ranged character that also freezes things, you don't need to tank physical attacks most of the time.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 1, 2013, 8:57:11 PM
I love this build!
IGN: Noxit
"
Noxit wrote:
I love this build!

what level you have ?
"
textik wrote:
"
Noxit wrote:
I love this build!

what level you have ?

ATM im lvl 41 and just got my 4L chest.
IGN: Noxit
c
Last edited by blacee on Mar 13, 2017, 9:00:30 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
ppaul1 wrote:
Is this build viable for HC?

If you outlevel content, keep your gear up to date, and level in a party, maybe. Solo, no, you'd want to drop DPS for more HP, at least +50% more HP if not more.

You plan to do a HC version of this? Would appreciate.
I think about bandit`s reward and for now I think more about MP than HP. With nodes, we will have +~100hp, but... 2k (or 3) and 2,1k won`t make big difference, because we have low resists so 100 hp probably won`t safe our ass on Merciless. In other way, 64 MP should be good, because our gear won`t have many mana bonuses (unlike of life)and this is always, for example, +3 levels of Clarity (each level eats additional 20 MP). Well I think?
Last edited by DamianTaps on Feb 2, 2013, 8:29:54 PM
Yeah the mana reward can definitely make a bigger difference if you don't find gear with decent +mana on it.

"
blacee wrote:
I tried this build today and went from 1 to 39 in 9 hours. The leveling is just so smooth. Love it.

Glad to hear it!

"
ppaul1 wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
ppaul1 wrote:
Is this build viable for HC?

If you outlevel content, keep your gear up to date, and level in a party, maybe. Solo, no, you'd want to drop DPS for more HP, at least +50% more HP if not more.

You plan to do a HC version of this? Would appreciate.

I'm very hesitant to suggest a hardcore build because it would just be based on theorycraft and not actual high lvl HC experience. If I was to attempt this in HC, it might look something like this.
Possible to adapt to Cold to Fire? How the skill tree would be?
And exist the possible to run it w/ EB? I really love thousands auras. lol
Last edited by Akraid on Feb 3, 2013, 1:05:48 AM
Thanks so much for this thread aimlessgun.

I had become a bit disillusioned with the game being a lv50 full Summoner/Arc witch due to how irritating it is for party play, and I was wanting to use cold since it was off limits with minions. Was wondering if I could get it to work with Shadow for a change of pace and this thread was exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

Inspires me to get leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info