SOTV Failed?

"
torturo wrote:
"
ziggro wrote:
I freaking love this xpac, besides the great new content, they invented a softcore item sink, and the vaal orb adds so much to the itemization, people who didnt like this is probably better playing d3.

Yeah! The sinks and vaal and all! Much content! And all da nubs run to d3 yo!
I am having a blast in Invasion, tip toes XD
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
it certainly didnt worsen the game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
It didn't failed. Why do you even think it did?

They'll probably iron out the difficulty discrepancies.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
You failed. That's what I think.

Haven't had this much fun since I first started with PoE about a year ago.
This has been my favorite addition to the game yet, and all my friends agree, some who havent played since cb
S L O W E R
Leagues themselves? Definitely great. The large Nerfs to certain box's in ambush has lowered that fun a little though, and not having leapslam or warp makes opening boxes very risky, as i have a tendency to freeze for a second as the monsters faze in.

The actual content of the patch?

Few Vaal gems are useful, though somewhat enjoyable (provided you get enough souls. The patch helped with that atleast)

Corrupted zones are pretty much useless outside of the achievements, The mods rolled on them rarely if ever give an incentive to do them.

I will never reach new boss so that's whatever, cant really speak of it.

Vaal orbs...i just waste when i get a second set of uniques.
"
torturo wrote:
"
Z0D wrote:
I do not think that it failed at all.

SotV Features:

New Vaal Skills
New Endgame Boss
New Vaal Orb
Corrupted Areas
New PVP Arena
Minor additions(WP Art/New Monster/New Uniques)

New Vaal Skills - useless in practice
New Endgame Boss - dunno about that, never saw her and more likely never will
New Vaal Orb - troll orb, designed to ruin fools's items, it's healthy for economy
Corrupted Areas - lost in risk/reward ratio, also too rare, can't spawn in maps
New PVP Arena - same old PvP with zero balance improvements

Are we talking about quantity, or quality ? Quantity is ok.

That is a LOT of quality content. You just cannot see it but there is nothing I can do about it. Also this might be a good time to consider the meaning or the word "mini". What exactly do you want/think would have been better? And will you be able to say the same in a few months from now?

People always think stuff does not work...we it does. Broken...when it is not. Boring...when it is fascinating.
IGN: ImmortalFang
"
Kavlor wrote:

just use the Vaal orbs on low level/value stuff,you can get some interesting combinations from reading other peoples stories.Don't get fixed into thinking they're only for high level stuff.

Only reason I'd stack up is to use a load at once.Personally I don't think I'll be using them as currency they too much potential fun with them.

I plan on corrupting Bones of Ullr and Aurumvorax's until I get good mods. Both are BiS for my build and cheap enough not to cry over if I destroy them.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
Z0D wrote:

What exactly do you want/think would have been better?

To be honest, I think they had to fix and improve some of the stuff they use to sweep under the rug for centuries, first. What they had to do a long time ago and never did. Second, this patch is a disaster. I know they hurry to implement stuff and frequently release new things to draw players's attention, nothing wrong with it, money is money and so, but there's no excuse for terrible balance issues, skill tree changes, stupid useless gems and orbs designed to mock on players, several new layers of RNG, pathetic(?) attempts to destroy Standard and solo, etc. It was unwanted and uncalled.

Besides leagues, which are well done, have potential and require just some further improvements and balance fixes, everything else is a joke. They just fucked it up.

I'm glad you like the new patch with all of the changes, new content and so. It's good for you as you have fun playing the game. I, personally, don't. I start the game, play for 20-30 mins, silently throw over the keyboard, escape, quit.

It's not the game it was and had to be, now it's a pale imitation of H&S aRPG. I don't know how to call it anymore. And it's getting worse. With every new patch.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 11, 2014, 5:39:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info