LoL
Last edited by Dziz on Mar 11, 2014, 7:41:39 PM
"
Lightshard wrote:
This Topic failed, nothing more

I love Ambush.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Last edited by txfirefighter on Mar 11, 2014, 8:14:11 PM
I had a good time with it. Hit 76 and remembered how crushingly slow things are at that level. Blew all my currency 1>76 trying to 5L an item. Remembered why I hate crafting so passionately in this game. Meh. I might play some more some time if I get bored.

I liked the strongboxes - hated the corrupted areas for the simple fact that I couldn't kill 50% of the bosses even in max res. So that was kind of disappointing and a let down in the end.

I heard Evasion league is a lot of fun though.
Last edited by Isbox1 on Mar 11, 2014, 8:25:52 PM
"
"
Hilbert wrote:
5k Player Drop on Steam within 24h well done.....

Not many people use steam in terms of PoE in fact some people actually hate Steam.

It's pretty ridiculous to assert the steam population isn't a statistically significant sample. It's probably 1/2 the playerbase, at least 1/4th. presidential elections are called on much less.

Barring any significant bias steam players have to alter their play habits compared to nonsteam users it's fair to say changes in the steam population reflect, with much certainty, changes in the overall population.

then again an understanding of basic statistics and common sense is probably too much to ask for internet forums
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Mar 11, 2014, 8:41:58 PM
Lets be honest, this is not an expansion. It's a patch. A patch which didn't address issues crippling the game and was a thinly veiled attempt to get people to stop playing d3 prior to it's expansion. There is no intelligent design in the game it is basically a lottery sim. The new bosses are idiotic in design and tuning. They basically gave you 1 new map, some very small sub areas with the aforementioned bosses and worthless new skill gems. Yes there is a new rng currency which I think is fun and has value but calling this an expansion is a joke and they know it. Game desyncs now worse than ever with frag mobs, game difficulty has officially reached tedious level. So is it a failure? Probably, the player numbers only spike for a while then dropped right into the toilet when the lipstick came off the pig.
Not too far into it but am loving the hell outta ambush so far!
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
"
jasonbgnh wrote:
Lets be honest, this is not an expansion. It's a patch. A patch which didn't address issues crippling the game and was a thinly veiled attempt to get people to stop playing d3 prior to it's expansion. There is no intelligent design in the game it is basically a lottery sim. The new bosses are idiotic in design and tuning. They basically gave you 1 new map, some very small sub areas with the aforementioned bosses and worthless new skill gems. Yes there is a new rng currency which I think is fun and has value but calling this an expansion is a joke and they know it. Game desyncs now worse than ever with frag mobs, game difficulty has officially reached tedious level. So is it a failure? Probably, the player numbers only spike for a while then dropped right into the toilet when the lipstick came off the pig.

Actually it is an expansion, not a patch. A patch would be more aimed at addressing existing issues. An expansion just adds shit fairly haphazardly and then is patched progressively from there.

Which is precisely what has happened.

You are right it's not a patch either, It's not really an expansion though. They would have to add something to the game of value and the content added is not really worthy of what a real gaming company would call an expansion.
Last edited by jasonbgnh on Mar 11, 2014, 9:41:45 PM
"
Lightshard wrote:

+1

When your OP doesn't contain a single thought out, reasoned argument, only baits comments based on some vague allusion, it has to be classed as one of two things: spam, or trolling.
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits
"
IronMask75 wrote:
"
Lightshard wrote:

+1

When your OP doesn't contain a single thought out, reasoned argument, only baits comments based on some vague allusion, it has to be classed as one of two things: spam, or trolling.

But why bother if you know for certain that individual X will respond with argument X like he does in several threads all day long already? It is playing the forum game and OP perfected it. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info