SOTV Failed?

No for certain it did not fail. I am having such good fun in ambush league :)
Casual HC player here. Joined in Onslaught, had lots of fun with its difficulty. Nemesis was awful compared to it (normal difficulty with boring boss mods), so I simply stopped playing and hung around for the next league. Invasion is turning out to be a lot of fun despite its flaws, and I like that "even if I enter this area below my level, I could still die if I'm dumb" feeling that it shared with Onslaught.

A lot of non-PoE stuff has come out recently, so if you're concerned the ARPG crowd has been shared, you're right. But you don't need to be #1 in popularity to maintain a great game. I've been a part of game communities before where their companies start promising, but end up using the amount of their "current" content as reason to stagnate the game in order to make more money overtime. GGG seems to have zero intentions of taking this path and I respect that.
"
Tiers wrote:
Casual HC player here. Joined in Onslaught, had lots of fun with its difficulty. Nemesis was awful compared to it (normal difficulty with boring boss mods), so I simply stopped playing and hung around for the next league. Invasion is turning out to be a lot of fun despite its flaws, and I like that "even if I enter this area below my level, I could still die if I'm dumb" feeling that it shared with Onslaught.

A lot of non-PoE stuff has come out recently, so if you're concerned the ARPG crowd has been shared, you're right. But you don't need to be #1 in popularity to maintain a great game. I've been a part of game communities before where their companies start promising, but end up using the amount of their "current" content as reason to stagnate the game in order to make more money overtime. GGG seems to have zero intentions of taking this path and I respect that.

At this time seeing the current changes and reactions, it seems they also have zero intentions of making money.
Vaal orbs as a sink for usable low/mid tier uniques are an ingenious addition, no doubt. The new monster species is nice, too.

However, the new atziri dungeon is basically unaccessible unless you are willing to spend a massive amount of either time or currency to enter it. Corrupted instances are so rare and sacrifice drop rate is so low that the average player wont be able access it by the time they have reached the endgame. Even worse, you can't do maps and farm sacrifices at the same time. It's another layer of grind and RNG that gates one of the most exciting parts of the endgame.

The new bosses are overtuned. There are way too many of them that deal insane amounts of damage without giving players a proper chance to react. Even the easier ones tend to be annoying HP trees that require an unreasonable amount of time to get killed. On top of that, they don't even drop good loot, therefore, you better skip them whenever you encounter one of them.

In summary, there are some good things about SOTV, but all of the major additions are questionable.
"
Vishien wrote:
I'm enjoying it.

Playing invasion.

you dont have a single character in invasion. You either died and deleted or you are not playing invasion.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
streelok wrote:
this topic failed

Really getting a lot of views and reply's for a failed topic eh!
PLEASE GGG I WANT MY GUILD WAR!
SOTV already made the game pretty bad... but then, they doubled it (new gloves...)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info