[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

Do you think i can do t8+ with a 5L?
"
Anavels wrote:
Do you think i can do t8+ with a 5L?

There is literally a video plastered in the first paragraph with a t10 map with 4 link gear.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hey, i know in your opening post you spoke about how this isn't about tooltip dps number. With that said, I try to look at tooltip dps as a way to indicate my progression of the character. I started with a tabula rasa and I'm still using it at level 56.

As i'm leveling, i can notice that mob clear is ridiculously quick and strong, but I struggle on the bosses. Especially those that are by themselves, who have no minions. I have to change to blast rain for the higher single target damage.

I know in your video you are clearing tier bosses with lighting arrow. Does the single target damage increase a lot as your approach end game gear?

But to go back to my original question, since i can't use the tooltip damage as it is not a good indicator for this build, how can i view the progression of this character
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Hey, i know in your opening post you spoke about how this isn't about tooltip dps number. With that said, I try to look at tooltip dps as a way to indicate my progression of the character. I started with a tabula rasa and I'm still using it at level 56.

As i'm leveling, i can notice that mob clear is ridiculously quick and strong, but I struggle on the bosses. Especially those that are by themselves, who have no minions. I have to change to blast rain for the higher single target damage.

I know in your video you are clearing tier bosses with lighting arrow. Does the single target damage increase a lot as your approach end game gear?

But to go back to my original question, since i can't use the tooltip damage as it is not a good indicator for this build, how can i view the progression of this character

Let me clarify, relative dps between builds makes no sense. LA 20,000 gmp chain clears faster than 100,000 reave. So when new players look at a build, see it does 30,000 dps with top end gear, they dismiss it completely and go back to doing 8 minute maps with their poorly optimized and overpriced 300k dps builds. The point I am trying to make is that paper dps != clear speed. Just because Build A has more dps than build B does not mean Build A clears faster.

Relative dps within the same build with the same skills does make sense. so you can view your progression based on your dps relative to to other LA gmp+chain builds and of course your own. A good benchmark is to open up a gorge/plat map and see how fast you can clear it.

I have about 40,000 blast rain which will decimate even beefy bosses. They both scale off of your damage sources and you will have both at all times, LA for mobs and BR for bosses. This is the way LA builds have always been. Did you mean you expected LA to kill bosses as well?

Keep in mind voltaxic dps numbers is significantly lower than the rare thicket bow I was using in my videoes but offers reflect immunity and chaos resist is rarely resisted.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 11, 2016, 5:45:35 PM
Ok cool
Now since I'm on steam account, I cant really link my gear so it's hard for you to pin point my problem

My char so far has rats net helmet, maligaro gloves, voltaxic bow, the same boots as your tier one, and tabula rasa

I clear like insanely fast with the maps I've tried to far. Yet, at level 78, with most skills at lvl 17 or 18, I'm doing only 5.6k dmg. So while I can clear the maps I've tried so far, it's a bit weird my damage compared to your damage at level 80 is nearly 2/3 less.
"
xjlxmchammer wrote:
Ok cool
Now since I'm on steam account, I cant really link my gear so it's hard for you to pin point my problem

My char so far has rats net helmet, maligaro gloves, voltaxic bow, the same boots as your tier one, and tabula rasa

I clear like insanely fast with the maps I've tried to far. Yet, at level 78, with most skills at lvl 17 or 18, I'm doing only 5.6k dmg. So while I can clear the maps I've tried so far, it's a bit weird my damage compared to your damage at level 80 is nearly 2/3 less.

You can log into your Steam account on the Path of Exile website by clicking the 'Sign in through STEAM'on the login page, then entering your Steam credentials. This will allow you to link your items and skill trees here on the forums :)
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Wow thanks a lot GGG! Believe it or not I never saw that log in with steam option before

So I looked at my Seems I took of my Mali because of not being able to get the color sockets yet.0
Last edited by xJLxking on Feb 13, 2016, 10:51:56 PM
Might as well bump it
I really want to try this build on new league, just want to adjust it to Queen of the forest. Maybe you've already tried it and have advices?
IGN: TasKitas
"
TasKitas wrote:
I really want to try this build on new league, just want to adjust it to Queen of the forest. Maybe you've already tried it and have advices?

There is no reason to ever use anything other than lightning coil on a new league if you intend to level past 94.
"

Damage affixes from gear and good jewels will help. You can take a look at my progression to see how I itemized my gear from 80 to 90. It all comes down to a game of number crunching and optimization.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 20, 2016, 10:20:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info