[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
cunro wrote:
Is it worth using this build as ones first fresh character in Ambush? Gear requirements seems a bit steep?

please see prior reply.

Sure, you've posted a build with a lower gear requirement, but is it worth it to try and level with this build on, say, Invasion ?
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
cunro wrote:
Is it worth using this build as ones first fresh character in Ambush? Gear requirements seems a bit steep?

please see prior reply.

Thanks missed it!

For what I can see thusfar, even the "budget version" is still pretty expensive. Not something one would want to try on a fresh league, maybe a a few weeks down the road!
IGN: Cerby / Cerbyy
Last edited by cunro on Mar 5, 2014, 2:52:44 PM
Hey it doesnt look like you took many lighting damage nodes. Isnt that bad since they have been buffed quite a bit?
dont u have a duelist version for this build?
i'd be much appreciated if u could show me a duelist version ( which can be viable )
Last edited by leothetraveler on Mar 5, 2014, 7:23:24 PM
"
dont u have a duelist version for this build?
i'd be much appreciated if u could show me a duelist version ( which can be viable )

Duelist,witch,templar and probably marauder are not really viable for this build. you can get kind of close but youll be missing a tonne of points.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

What do you think about this as the final build? Now, before it will probably turn out that i know nothing about this, I'd like to say that I started playing a few days ago - and yes, I know, this is not a good build to choose for someone whose worth of all assets amounts to 2 ex, but the build seemed fun to play. I'm just looking for something to work towards.
Last edited by SakagamiHei on Mar 6, 2014, 9:50:05 AM
Hi there. Wonderful guide and info. I am just starting out trying this type of build. I have a 6l Voltaxic, Legacy Thunderfist, and a new kaoms. I am working on the rest of the gear. I am currently using an alphas howl for the auras while leveling gems and blood dance. I do have maligaro's and a rats nest if they are better. At level 74 Ranger start and have a couple questions about some of the passive potentials. I followed your route pretty closely. I did go down to grab the ED nodes at shadow start and the 8% and 16% lightning 5% shock directly to the right of that because I took static blows and the 10% shock node next to that. That puts me at 25% chance to shock with pretty much no crit passives at all. My options along your path are

3 points for 120% crit to bow
5 points for 52% physical 40% crit to bow, and 30% crit multiplier
3 points for 80% crit 20% crit multiplier

7 points in the templar area gets me 40% WED 12% ED 32 Int and 10 Str.

Which of these is more bang for your buck? Someone mentioned the WED being the best because it multiplies damage with volt? You also do not mention Wake of destruction boots at all. Are they not worth using compared to blood dance or rare boots?

Thank you for the help!

"
SakagamiHei wrote:

What do you think about this as the final build? Now, before it will probably turn out that i know nothing about this, I'd like to say that I started playing a few days ago - and yes, I know, this is not a good build to choose for someone whose worth of all assets amounts to 2 ex, but the build seemed fun to play. I'm just looking for something to work towards.

ignore all the 8% wed nodes as well as deadly draw (its terrible) and take heartseeker and the crit nodes leading up to aspect of the eagle. You took 4 traversal nodes to hit 8% wed nodes when 8% projectile nodes (which should add slightly more dps) are nearby.

"
Hauserdaddy77 wrote:
Hi there. Wonderful guide and info. I am just starting out trying this type of build. I have a 6l Voltaxic, Legacy Thunderfist, and a new kaoms. I am working on the rest of the gear. I am currently using an alphas howl for the auras while leveling gems and blood dance. I do have maligaro's and a rats nest if they are better. At level 74 Ranger start and have a couple questions about some of the passive potentials. I followed your route pretty closely. I did go down to grab the ED nodes at shadow start and the 8% and 16% lightning 5% shock directly to the right of that because I took static blows and the 10% shock node next to that. That puts me at 25% chance to shock with pretty much no crit passives at all. My options along your path are

3 points for 120% crit to bow
5 points for 52% physical 40% crit to bow, and 30% crit multiplier
3 points for 80% crit 20% crit multiplier

7 points in the templar area gets me 40% WED 12% ED 32 Int and 10 Str.

Which of these is more bang for your buck? Someone mentioned the WED being the best because it multiplies damage with volt? You also do not mention Wake of destruction boots at all. Are they not worth using compared to blood dance or rare boots?

Thank you for the help!

Go crit as it has less traversal cost. if you link me the tree i can take a look.

The only thing you really really need for this build is a koams heart or a 6 link chest. everything else can be substituted by far cheaper equivalents.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 6, 2014, 2:46:03 PM
Just wanted to say Arly, I've always been a bow player at heart. As you've moved from class to class ironically I was always moving in a similar direction based on changes. Really loving this build yet again, although I was quite saddened with the scion changes as it was a nice change of pace!
Thanks for the response! Still working on gear to round out resistances. I do have a question about damage nodes. I currently am running

Voltaxic
New Kaoms
The taming
alpha's howl
36%WED ring
Legacy Thunderfist
Blood Dance boots

I know I am going to have to swap some stuff around to finish my resistances with ammy, belt, quiver etc.

My current spec

My question is whether it is better to run Static Blows and the lightning shock nodes like I have giving me 40% shock or, to spec out of those two and go straight Elemental damage, Crit chance, Projectile dam nodes. Do the 8% projectile nodes actually increase volt damage by 16%? Are the Weapon Elemental damage nodes near templar better than the standard Elemental nodes? Do they increase damage the same or multiply it? I do have access to Rat's nest and Maligaro's if it would be better going the crit route. I also have an 83 Scion I could spec instead of my ranger should I want to try to different specs.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info