[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

"
Hauserdaddy77 wrote:
Thanks for the response! Still working on gear to round out resistances. I do have a question about damage nodes. I currently am running

Voltaxic
New Kaoms
The taming
alpha's howl
36%WED ring
Legacy Thunderfist
Blood Dance boots

I know I am going to have to swap some stuff around to finish my resistances with ammy, belt, quiver etc.

My current spec

My question is whether it is better to run Static Blows and the lightning shock nodes like I have giving me 40% shock or, to spec out of those two and go straight Elemental damage, Crit chance, Projectile dam nodes. Do the 8% projectile nodes actually increase volt damage by 16%? Are the Weapon Elemental damage nodes near templar better than the standard Elemental nodes? Do they increase damage the same or multiply it? I do have access to Rat's nest and Maligaro's if it would be better going the crit route. I also have an 83 Scion I could spec instead of my ranger should I want to try to different specs.

Thanks!

That will work fine for a non crit based build since you wont have crit shock. consider getting ele adapt,inner force, and haste.

8% projectile increases phys damage by 8% and ele damage by 8%, if you have volt, then your phys dmg is practically zero so its the same as 8% WED. 10% wed obviously gives more than both. elemental dmg for all intent and purposes is the same as WED except it also affects spells. 8% elemental = 8% wed for this build.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 7, 2014, 1:46:20 PM
"
"

Also, for those who are nearing completion of this build please feel free to post your gear, passives, life, and dps stats for LA/frenzy so others have a reference point besides mine.

hey, made some posts earlier....and im level 88 now. love the build alot!, and thanks again.
i went back to regen nodes instead of projectile nodes for scion starting area - that 2.2% regen is alot better than some projectile dmg.

stats:
level:88
deaths:37 - died alot to devourers/jungle valley boss//labrinyth boss
Auras: wrath, anger, haste, purity of elements, purity of fire all level 20 now!
Hp: 4280 - still a long way to go
Chance to hit :78
Crit chance:23
Crit multi: 572
LA DMG
- 8k self buffed with 6 frenzy charges, 3 power charges.
- 7k self buffed with 6 frenzy charges

Frenzy: 35k self buffed with 6 frenzy charges

resists:
- 83fire(109)
- 77light (104)
- 77cold(94)
- -60chaos
- resists are still not maxed for ele weakness maps, but i still do them anyways - usually okay but with -max resist AND ele weakness i swap in Vitality for anger and play carefully.

-even with my dmg - been mowing through almost every map - cleared a few courtyard maps with -max resist/// double boss///temp chains( i hate temp chains)/// reflects, etc.

GEAR
Spoiler
maces on offhand to jump around and leveling gems

TREE
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgSzBbUF-QzyDkgRlhRNFfAXLxmKGdUZ1xo4Go8c3B2qJDwksCepJ-0tgy9vMHwyiTMMNj026TnUOlg7KDwtPs9Bh0ZxSVFRR1XWV-JZ81ptYENk52aeaHRuPW_ycFJwu3DVd-V9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhriPGNv5BVkyeUoJcGnaOgn6XLp1ynhKxZrKq0DLc-u-O95sAawFHEosT2xq7TftQj1QDWithN2RPaYuGI42rjhOdU52PsOPPd9tr5Y_no-tL7Cfyr_gr-K_66_94=

NOTE---
definitely gonna play new league with this build, but might start with marauder to be safer? not sure yet
and will be selling this stuff!

-thanks again neph!
ZE

- EDIT ------ any improvements on my build would be appreciated :)

Hey, a little update on the people that were wondering if they want to start the new league with build

--- I totally loved it for dom and i started it on ranger for ambush- at the beginning it was a little difficult but with some luck you'll be just fine - EXAMPLE
with only 7 fusings! so lucky

best items so far,
bow i bought for 1.5ex

its around 300dps, and i can use it til i get voltaxic or another bow

tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEFtQX5DPIOSBGWFVAV8BcvGYUZihnXGmwajxzcHaokqij6LYMvbzB8Nj026TyOPs9GcVFHVdZXyWTncLt9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGIa42_kyeXBp2uoSKiQKXLpwiv67QMuJO7473mxKLTftQj1orZE-GI42rjhOq66-70-Pba-WP60vsJ_ro=

ALSO - looking at something like this for end game build - what do you think neph
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgW1BfkMfQzyDkgPqxB_EZYVUBXwFy8ZhRmKGdUZ1xpsGo8c3B2qHhokPCSqJLAnqSj6Klstgy9vMHwzDDY9Nuk51DpYPI4-z0ZxSVFNklFHVdZXyVptYeJk521sb_JwUnC7cNV9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhrjX2Nv5Mnlwado52uoJ-hIqJApcunCKdcqn-quK_rtAy0OLVIuJO7473mwFHEosaezerSGdN-1CPVANaK1tHZE-GI42rjhOdU53Tquuvu8930-Pba-WP60vsJ_Kv-uv-T_94=
Last edited by bobbyvalentino on Mar 9, 2014, 6:36:14 AM
Strongly not recomended to use this bulid there because why.

Reason one.

"The tree should be molded to fit your needs and preferences instead of copy paste. Do not ask for a full tree"

Also your start tree is easy to make after one - two day grinding, your start bulid looks same like others, lack of other points just make no sense to use it and it give zero tips about full idea of this bulid, if you dont want post full bulid just dont put any idea about "i have idea but i wont share with you"

Reason two.

OP suggest to use ele or crit nodes depend player wish to mix own bulid, also by this way make this bulid useles because this bulid dont have destination and everything is unknow like final stats etc, OP dont know what better for this bulid crit or elemental nodes this is just wired and stupid and make players just cofused.

Reason three.

Extremaly expensive gear espetialy bow.

Sorry OP i know you have good intentions etc, but sharing ideas about bulids isynt bulid it sefl, so post full bulid etc, or just dont make players confused.

Last edited by copylol3814 on Mar 9, 2014, 3:25:37 PM
"
copylol3814 wrote:

Reason one.

"The tree should be molded to fit your needs and preferences instead of copy paste. Do not ask for a full tree"

Also your start tree is easy to make after one - two day grinding, your start bulid looks same like others, lack of other points just make no sense to use it and it give zero tips about full idea of this bulid, if you dont want post full bulid just dont put any idea about "i have idea but i wont share with you"

Reason two.

OP suggest to use ele or crit nodes depend player wish to mix own bulid, also by this way make this bulid useles because this bulid dont have destination and everything is unknow like final stats etc, OP dont know what better for this bulid crit or elemental nodes this is just wired and stupid and make players just cofused.

Reason three.

Sorry OP i know you have good intentions etc, but sharing ideas about bulids isynt bulid it sefl, so post full bulid etc, or just dont make players confused.

Not everyone goes crit and not everyone will prioritize dps nodes. There have been several players who went crit, went heavy life nodes, and those who went without crit. the point of this build is versatility, not a preset standard i put out and expect you to follow to the letter.

luckily, some players are able to think on their own instead of copy pasting every single node up to level 100. for example:

"
ALSO - looking at something like this for end game build - what do you think neph
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgW1BfkMfQzyDkgPqxB_EZYVUBXwFy8ZhRmKGdUZ1xpsGo8c3B2qHhokPCSqJLAnqSj6Klstgy9vMHwzDDY9Nuk51DpYPI4-z0ZxSVFNklFHVdZXyVptYeJk521sb_JwUnC7cNV9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhrjX2Nv5Mnlwado52uoJ-hIqJApcunCKdcqn-quK_rtAy0OLVIuJO7473mwFHEosaezerSGdN-1CPVANaK1tHZE-GI42rjhOdU53Tquuvu8930-Pba-WP60vsJ_Kv-uv-T_94=

This is almost identical to what I use and it didnt take rocket science to figure it out. there are only so many crit nodes/dps nodes in the tree. If you want to be spoonfed builds, then simply use this one.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgW1BfkMfQzyDkgPqxB_EZYVUBXwFy8ZhRmKGdUZ1xpsGo8c3B2qJDwkqiSwJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzB8Mww2PTbpOdQ6WDyOPs9GcUlRTZJRR1XWV8labWHiZOdtbG_ycFJwu3DVfXV_K3_GgKSDCYbRhxmIa419jb-TJ5cGnaOdrqCfoSKiQKXLpwinXKp_qriv67QMtDi1SLiTu-O95sBRxKLGns3q037UI9UA1orW0dkT4YjjauOE5RnnVOd06rrr7vPd9Pj22vlj-tL7Cfv1_Kv-uv_e
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 9, 2014, 5:36:53 PM
"
copylol3814 wrote:

Reason one.

Reason two.

Reason three.

sir, neph has always been helpful even if you give him a shit build. he'll always tell you whats wrong with it.

and if you only play the build for 30 mins you'd know whats good for yourself...
example, more dmg, more hp, more resist, and add points accordingly

little update!

gear
Spoiler

the new quivers are very sexy!
doing 1650 dps LA

edit---
yolo ex my thicket for ias?
Last edited by bobbyvalentino on Mar 9, 2014, 10:36:31 PM
I would, thats a great base. and will do more dps than perfect volt if you roll 13 ias.
i'm in new ambush league with this build,

plays fine, just having a hard time with capping Resis in Merciless, im lvl 71 right now, passiv tree is fine right now, doing around ~1700 dps with LA and 10 k frenzy. i think without alphas howl i wont be able to run haste wrath anger purity of ele and vitality :/ will keep an eye up for it, also the life is quite low on me, ~3 k right now, but will increase with gear, lvl 66/67 maps are going easy right now :)

allover, i definitely like this build! thanks so far!

anything i should foucs on when getting more gear? any advices? (first - alphas howl) then...?

greetings and have a nice day!
i could not see your build properly in the link. Current lv 65. can u share your link for the build? thx
with the nerf on maligaros - multi being 28-36 now, what do you think about these:

Snakebite
Assassin's Mitts
Evasion Rating: (227 to 255)
Energy Shield: 27
Requires Level 58, 45 Dex, 45 Int
(150 to 180)% increased Evasion Rating
+(60 to 70) to maximum Life
2% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
6% increased Accuracy Rating per Frenzy Charge
10% reduced Frenzy Charge Duration per Frenzy Charge
When at Maximum Frenzy Charges, Attacks Poison enemies

12%ias,