[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

"
Alright then,

I guess I will grab the leech nodes, I was just curious about it because you do not run Vaal pact.

Is the life leech noticeable or even mandatory?

Is it also worth to go into Primal Spirit and ballistic mastery, those 4 points could maybe be spent on profane chemistry instead regarding my pathing route to life wheel.

If the mana leech from 0.4% is enough without Primal Spirit, I feel like its a waste to spent 4 points there...

Regards

Virisken

Life leech is extremely important for almost any build because it allows you to sustain your health outside of potions. For the longest time nearly every build had to use life leech gem in their 6 link main skill.

Let me clarify, .4% mana leech is enough with about 200 unreserved mana pool. Primary spirit serves a few purposes, raise your mana pool high enough so the .4% mana leech is enough o sustain your skills, gives str and int will which will meet gem reqs and increases flask charges gained by 20% which is huge if youre solo. There is a lot of flexibility with the build and you can choose to omit this notable if you desire.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Would it be possible to get a new passive tree or some tips where to go after 92?

This is my tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QMeBS0FtQguDPINjQ3RES8WvxmOGo0byB9BIXYj0yP2JJ0k_SaVKgsrCi5TMHEwfDH6Nj031DnUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1oaWyZbr13yYeJiWmKsY0NlTWegbIxvJ3BSdO11y3b3eu99dX8rf_uE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CQCppqm42dqqCfo4qly6_rtMW3tr02vea-p8EzwuzDM8Siz93Tb9N-1CPWitrB3ajfmOOE45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O73rxivzF_rr_3g==

I have 5 spare points to spend at the moment, havent spent them since im not sure where to go.

Im mostly playing tier 7-10 maps so I dont feel like I need more hp, I got 4,1k at the moment.
What would your suggestion be?

Upgrade my gear a bit since last time:
Spoiler

Last edited by Kurtbert on Jan 22, 2016, 5:05:40 AM
Level 99 tree:
Go for the 4% life nodes near duelist
Go for the projectile damage near ranger starting and near piercing shots
Then the last points for movespeed/ias

Your gear looks good to me and you've reached a point where it will only be incremental upgrades as opposed to major ones. There's not many places to squeeze dps without somehow getting more net resistances on either jewel or existing gear slots(quiver for example) - using coil is the right end game choice but also means you will lack either some life or resists to make up for -60 light resist. If you can squeeze resists on to your jewel or diamond ring then you can replace your gloves for maligaro's which is a big dps boost but it will cost you some life.

Here's how I itemized my resists for my LA/KB build on standard -Imo, mali is far better than rat's nest with the latter only having movespeed as it's saving grace:
Spoiler

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 22, 2016, 5:21:16 AM
Hey there,

currently level 65 the build is going strong at the moment,
im prepping myself for act3 and then dried lake farming.

unfortunately my life is really low (3k), do you recommend going into the life wheel earlier if needed on hc? Like this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7TfiSdYlrfmMSifXX-uu967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8UUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtcLstMUM8qXLYqxsjJ2qNj3rYwMeH0ERLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_yNzBSf4d_MUNjYd2Z6Djn0p9W6-QCk4qI9NvJ5pqTP9DMY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2drBdO0FLT7PveY=

and then straight into life wheel?

I also felt like skipping King of the hill and the other crit nodes for overall dmg, I thought it's better early on. Any recommendations so far? I also felt the need to path into the mana leech nodes cause i cant sustain in a 6 link...

Guess I also need to watch out for some flat mana on jewellry
Is the Tier 1 Blood magic gear guide still viable on Talisman?
Because I got most of the equipment but I'm not sure it is still that good without a legacy kaom and dancers?
Hello there,

short update:

Found a Voltaxic and consider switching to it and using Daresso's defiance for more defenses.
Unfortunately I do not have the currency to buy or craft a 6L on it. Is it worth skipping one link for the quality of life improvement?

I also rearranged the HC tree abit and i feel much safer now.

Current one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_roknWJa35jEou967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8fyvWilFHjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC51Qk_f_eN9TtPz7Pveb8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1br5AKIXaGzsEzTioj049gbyeaakz_QzGNfre2dcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-hNnawXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGgW16NabJjIBshnPemHrelPC7LTFYqxsjJ2qDPKlyzY962MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlQ==

Finished Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_roknWJa35jEou967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8fyvWilFHjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC51Qk_f_eN9TtPz7Pveb8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1br5AKIXaGzsEzTioj049gbyeaakz_QzGNfre2dcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-hNnawXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGgW16NabJjIBshnPemHrelPC7LTFYqxsjJ2qDPKlyzY962MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_DkgRlgcelS7w1UlRk5WtMxnXOdR29zH6oJ8ajVsmf_s=

The lightning damage nodes are used in case of having a voltaxic

Any thoughts on that?
"
Hey there,

currently level 65 the build is going strong at the moment,
im prepping myself for act3 and then dried lake farming.

unfortunately my life is really low (3k), do you recommend going into the life wheel earlier if needed on hc? Like this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7TfiSdYlrfmMSifXX-uu967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8UUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtcLstMUM8qXLYqxsjJ2qNj3rYwMeH0ERLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_yNzBSf4d_MUNjYd2Z6Djn0p9W6-QCk4qI9NvJ5pqTP9DMY1-t7Z1y-pivqdlTb02R36E2drBdO0FLT7PveY=

and then straight into life wheel?

I also felt like skipping King of the hill and the other crit nodes for overall dmg, I thought it's better early on. Any recommendations so far? I also felt the need to path into the mana leech nodes cause i cant sustain in a 6 link...

Guess I also need to watch out for some flat mana on jewellry

You can choose to delay damage nodes as long as you feel needed.
"

Hello there,

short update:

Found a Voltaxic and consider switching to it and using Daresso's defiance for more defenses.
Unfortunately I do not have the currency to buy or craft a 6L on it. Is it worth skipping one link for the quality of life improvement?

I also rearranged the HC tree abit and i feel much safer now.

Current one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_roknWJa35jEou967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8fyvWilFHjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC51Qk_f_eN9TtPz7Pveb8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1br5AKIXaGzsEzTioj049gbyeaakz_QzGNfre2dcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-hNnawXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGgW16NabJjIBshnPemHrelPC7LTFYqxsjJ2qDPKlyzY962MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlQ==

Finished Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_roknWJa35jEou967g6jiiP2TZKNfTB8fyvWilFHjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpC51Qk_f_eN9TtPz7Pveb8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1br5AKIXaGzsEzTioj049gbyeaakz_QzGNfre2dcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-hNnawXTtBS0uU9NvwzNaGgW16NabJjIBshnPemHrelPC7LTFYqxsjJ2qDPKlyzY962MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_DkgRlgcelS7w1UlRk5WtMxnXOdR29zH6oJ8ajVsmf_s=

The lightning damage nodes are used in case of having a voltaxic

Any thoughts on that?

Coil or koam's is going to be the far better option and I recommend the former. Darresso fills no particularly useful niche for this build.

You missed the life/evasion node right next to duelist and the 5% node near golem's blood, and the jewel near shadow and sniper which is essentially 15% projectile damage 10% projectile speed per node. which will net more stats. re consolidate your points to optimize life and jewels. You should take those first. Taking lightning nodes is questionable since you want to improve your non lightning damage (for herald of ice procs) as well but will largely depend on how much non light damage you have on gear.

"
Is the Tier 1 Blood magic gear guide still viable on Talisman?
Because I got most of the equipment but I'm not sure it is still that good without a legacy kaom and dancers?

For the moment, I would only use blood magic gem if you want to use wrath + HoI + arctic armour + light coil for immense physical mitigation or koams + wrath+ Hoi + grace for life/evasion.

Bow DPS comparison with ultra high end gear:

Storm cloud: 19,567

chimeric thirst: 20,611

voltaxic: 20,326

pain song: 22,192

dusk wing: 25,186

near perfect legacy windripper estimate DPS: 27,984

Summary:

-It is actually very hard to beat a storm cloud and in fact a near perfect one competes with a voltaxic with medium IAS rolls. Rare bows with exceptional rolls will do significantly more damage than voltaxic and 90% the dps of a even a near perfect legacy windripper which are grossly overpriced.

-Voltaxic essentially trades a potential 25% dps gain over a high grade rare for reflect immunity and poison single target synergy.

Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 28, 2016, 4:16:30 AM
I really like it :D n not sure if my pc can handle LA tho xD
can this be changed to a voltaxic chaos build later on? if yes what should be changed in passive tree?
thank you :)
"
deadsumoner wrote:
can this be changed to a voltaxic chaos build later on? if yes what should be changed in passive tree?
thank you :)

This entire build is centered around voltaxic, and no tree changes need to be made. Those chaos nodes are sub-optimal unless you get vaal pact which in turn gimps your life regen and are still sub-optimal even with only 1 node of traversal cost.

All 4 nodes provide a total of 54% chaos damage and 12% chaos resistance. 4 Projectile nodes will give 40% projectile damage which will generally be close to 54% chaos damage as a portion of your damage will be cold damage(Hoi,ring/amulet/glove) if you itemized well and have no traversal cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info