[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

Thought I would do one last build in Talisman and this one looked kind of neat, and I had about a 20c budget.

@ Level 71 getting 380,000,000 XP/h in dried lake with the following meager equipment (best xp/h in dried lake I've ever done):

Meager Equipment

I'm reluctant to go further since the league is about over, but I thought I would say this is pretty fun, and if I were pressing forward I would try to get crit/crit multi items.

I'm not too sure about the quiver. I guess it makes my 5L effectively a 6L, but unlike your statement in the OP it is not a cheap item, at least not in Talisman hehe, and damage went way down. I also lost life and res when I swapped it in. Still fun and I'm clearing dried lake pretty dang fast!

Thanks so much for the build!!!

Edit: The only thing I did diferent was pick up "Piercing Shots". was this a waste of passive points? Here's my tree:
Level 71 Tree

PS> 7 frenzy charges is teh schitz!!

PPS> I took out chain and put in faster attacks when I got the quiver. Is it pointless to have chain when the quiver adds fork? Tooltip dps went way up (like from 2,800 to 4,100) with the faster attacks.
Last edited by Shinare on Feb 24, 2016, 12:54:55 PM
how does piercing shots works for you? did you felt difference without it and with it?
"
Dragosani wrote:
how does piercing shots works for you? did you felt difference without it and with it?

piercing is terrible for this build, in fact its a detriment because it stops you from chaining.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
How is this build viable for 95+level play? Is it still good and safe(ish) to play or its better to go the HC type build with kaom and more life passives?
"
Detroxik wrote:
How is this build viable for 95+level play? Is it still good and safe(ish) to play or its better to go the HC type build with kaom and more life passives?

Non legacy coil is comparable to koam's without saccing 6 sockets but you will need to abuse the life wheel (or pick marauder starting nodes) to get more life/regen.
I've taken this build to 100 a year ago when mapping sustain and exp was for more difficult.
Most recently I've used this to level up a few chars to 90+ for preparation for asc.

Marauder coil build at level 95:
Spoiler

5800 life, 700 life regen, 20,000 LA dps with auras and golem and no other buffs. dps/regen will be a bit lower without legacy multi and blood dance of course.

Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 26, 2016, 11:22:43 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Dragosani wrote:

piercing is terrible for this build, in fact its a detriment because it stops you from chaining.

thanks, understood.

since shadow seems to be best option when ascendancy kicks in, i need suggestion about shadow's skills, this is what i'm planning to go for (got shadow on 88) let me know your opinion guys, (edited, build adjusted a bit): Passive skill tree build
Last edited by Dragosani on Feb 27, 2016, 6:26:26 AM
Last edited by Kris_Ishii on Mar 4, 2016, 6:31:25 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Dragosani wrote:

Since I only have a 5 link I took out chain due to the auto-fork from the quills quiver and added faster attacks. LA-FA-Add Cold-WED-GMP

Was this a mistake? Should I refund the 4 points I spent on piercing shots? I thought it forked even when it pierced.

Edit: Jeeze I just read up on fork, chain, and pierce. Yeah, if a projectile pierces it does not fork. However, since I don't use chain passing through and then forking later seems like a bonus.
Last edited by Shinare on Feb 27, 2016, 11:03:41 PM
Nicely written guide. I'm gonna start the new hc temp league with this build, but I have some points/questions.

How to deal with stragglers?
Almost any LA build has a problem with them. On my last LA (Infractem) build I used HoA which dealt perfectly with stragglers, how do you deal with them in this pure ele build? Or do you just ignore them unless they run in front of you?

Single target
According to your progression you used TS + LMP for your single target until lvl91/Thunderfist. Would you recommend TS + LMP until you you can 5L Blast Rain, or is 4L TS for single target simply better than 4L BR? (I've stopped playing right before Talisman so I never tried BR myself for comparison).
Also regarding single target reflect, is this an issue with active flasks (without VR)?

Your thoughts on the Ascendancy class Champion (Duelist)?
I seriously consider picking Duelist (Fortitude/Inspirational) for this build. From a HC/defensive standpoint having fortify at all times without a drawback just beats the offensive 'stats' from Deadeye by miles (for me). LA never had a (AoE) dmg problem, and apart form the +1 chain there is nothing in Deadeye that really blows me away. But maybe I'm overlooking something? So what's your opinion on this?
IGN: -
"
Inchoately wrote:
Nicely written guide. I'm gonna start the new hc temp league with this build, but I have some points/questions.

How to deal with stragglers?
Almost any LA build has a problem with them. On my last LA (Infractem) build I used HoA which dealt perfectly with stragglers, how do you deal with them in this pure ele build? Or do you just ignore them unless they run in front of you?

Single target
According to your progression you used TS + LMP for your single target until lvl91/Thunderfist. Would you recommend TS + LMP until you you can 5L Blast Rain, or is 4L TS for single target simply better than 4L BR? (I've stopped playing right before Talisman so I never tried BR myself for comparison).
Also regarding single target reflect, is this an issue with active flasks (without VR)?

Your thoughts on the Ascendancy class Champion (Duelist)?
I seriously consider picking Duelist (Fortitude/Inspirational) for this build. From a HC/defensive standpoint having fortify at all times without a drawback just beats the offensive 'stats' from Deadeye by miles (for me). LA never had a (AoE) dmg problem, and apart form the +1 chain there is nothing in Deadeye that really blows me away. But maybe I'm overlooking something? So what's your opinion on this?

There is really only 1 other skill anywhere comparable to LA when it comes to cleanly killing mobs and not leaving survivors. The issue is infractem is a terrible weapon for LA because pierce makes you unable to chain.

blast rain is simply superior to TS mostly due to conc effect scaling. I was using TS early on the league before moving up to blast rain.

If you want to go all out defensive then definitely go champion and stack fortify with taste of hate and coil. Outside of that it's a tossup between pathfinder for voltaxic poison(which may be gimped in the following days) or hard crit with a heavily nerfed assassin or if you just want damage at any cost, berserker.

Spoiler

Level 57: 2200 hp, 2100 LA dps chain lmp
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 5, 2016, 3:47:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info