[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

Infractem was the core item (along with Thiefs Torment for high M/LGOH) in Sidtherat's Infractem/100% Pierce build, and it was one of the most fun builds I've played. You could pierce/shatter/(double curse) 1.5 screens around you without investing in chain/pierce/leech at all, with a 2c lvl53 230 DPS bow and Hatred/HoI/HoA. Chain isn't a must have for an effective LA build. Granted at lvl90 and with a high crit multi the LGOH from TT isn't enough anymore (at least for hc). I would play it again, but I wanna try the leech changes in the duelist area and trying a voltaxic, and your build seems to take the same 'non tooltip dps 1-click build' approach.

Back to topic
straggler question answered by looking at some more of your videos, you just deal with them with another 1-2 shots (which is fine, I just asked if you handle them otherwise, no offense).

Thanks for the single target explanation, so I don't need to try both and can go directly with BR.

Regarding subclasses, I thought about Pathfinder aswell but as you said it may be changing a lot in the next days, also there may be a change in the flask meta with the new flasks/modifiers... maybe with my second character. Assassin would just be 'more crit/dps' imho, which is rather redundant when you already can reach enough crit/dmg with the right item combo/leveled gems.
I'm currently between Champion (having fortify opens up a defensive slot like coil, for example) and Deadeye (mainly so you can later respec to try Pathfinder).
All these choices, ugh :-)
IGN: -
"
Inchoately wrote:

Regarding subclasses, I thought about Pathfinder aswell but as you said it may be changing a lot in the next days, also there may be a change in the flask meta with the new flasks/modifiers... maybe with my second character. Assassin would just be 'more crit/dps' imho, which is rather redundant when you already can reach enough crit/dmg with the right item combo/leveled gems.
I'm currently between Champion (having fortify opens up a defensive slot like coil, for example) and Deadeye (mainly so you can later respec to try Pathfinder).
All these choices, ugh :-)

What it comes down to it, you should simply be scaling your aoe dps to a point where you can quickly melt mobs on an average t12-t13 maps and then pumping defenses past that point. Past a certain threshold, having more DPS wont help your LA AOE clear speed unless the map is enfeeble with 60% increased mob life, but you should not be calibrating your dps for such an extreme situation.

However, having more past that threshold will help vs hard bosses but you should really be skipping hard bosses anyways, especially on HC. At level 96, about 85% of my 20 deaths have been due to fighting vaaled village ruin and excavation bosses for no reason other than the challenge.

This is the tree I used for my recent marauder variant and it is significantly tanker than the standard variant. A ranger can use essentially the same tree and net some evasion out of it.
marauder variant

-Gear can be found on first page
Level 96 marauder: with full charges, BR , golem
LA DPS: 54000
Blast rain DPS: 92000
Life: 6000
Life regen: 800
movespeed: 52%
mitigation: 40% physical from lcoil

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 29, 2016, 3:24:07 PM
So, what do You guys think about 2.2 tree nerfs? Fatal toxin is 50% now, how much will it touch builds like this?
"
cowman25 wrote:
So, what do You guys think about 2.2 tree nerfs? Fatal toxin is 50% now, how much will it touch builds like this?

I can only assume you've never even looked at my build or the tree if you asked that.
can i have a look at your tree for LA shadow?
I love this guide. I am sadly too noob (and too busy) to check if I should use this guide or not when playing the new season starting in a few hours. My apologies for that. Can anyone inform me if I should avoid ? (due to nerfs and whatnot) ?

anyways,
cheers and enjoy a new fresh season! :D
Ascendancy just came out! Plz update tree, ty!
Updated 2.2 tree.

There are 2 very good additions to the build now that it fully shifts into a flask centric build:

Combined I have over 7 seconds of diamond flask.

The build's end game is now heavily centered around voltaxic rift now that vinktar's is worthless and unfortunately this raises the build cost a bit.

level 63 gear - perandus league

3000 life
190 life regen
3400 gmp chain LA

Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 5, 2016, 1:42:36 PM
Hello OP.

Please review your 2.2 Passive Skill links at the beginning of this thread.

Getting a "The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work." while trying to open them.
"
AlderaaN101 wrote:
Hello OP.

Please review your 2.2 Passive Skill links at the beginning of this thread.

Getting a "The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work." while trying to open them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAdEB3AMeBS0FtQguDPINjQ3RES8WvxmOGo0fQSF2I9Mj9iSdJP0mlSoLKwouUzB8Mfo1kjdMN9Q51DrhPs9DMUQNRwZHfkp9TP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLWhpbJluvXfJh4mJaYqxjQ2VNbAhsjG87b_JwUnTtdct293fjeA167311fyt_ln_7hNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nko2_j2CQCpuNn22gn6OKpcumV6lur-u0xbXyt7a9Nr3mvqfAGsEzwuzDM8edyPDTb9N-1CPWiti92sHb5-OE45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O73rxivJF8uH3PfzF_gr-j_66_94=?accountName=Nephalim&characterName=Arliam

Level 78 completed final lab. It cost an arm and a leg to get the bow and I even paid the 20 chaos extra for his kindess. Solo play 100% past level 60.

build progress - perandus league - level 78

4945 life
457 life regen
7800 blast rain (5 link) [auras + golem + 6 fcharge + 3pcharge , no bloodrage or flasks ]
5200 gmp chain LA (5 link) [auras + golem + 6 fcharge + 3pcharge , no bloodrage or flasks ]

build progress - perandus league - level 86

This has been the fastest progression of any character ive ever played. The only tricky component is getting a voltaxic early which is now intrinsic to the build. Most of the gear used was either 1 chaos( rings, glove, helm) or self found (quiver,belt,amulet).

Time played: 1 day, 18 hours
4976 life
442 life regen (with 7 frenzy charges, 600 with flasks)
7950 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, no BR or flasks)
10170 blast rain dps (golem, auras, no BR or flasks)

13000 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 pcharges, no BR or flasks)
16000 blast rain dps (golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 ppcharges, no BR or flasks)

18000 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 pcharges, all flasks, no br)
22000 blast rain dps (golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 ppcharges, all flasks, no br)

Level 88 progress - perandus - gameplay video

https://youtu.be/dF5xodsXCbc
played time: 1 day 23 hours

5284 life
470 life regen (with 7 frenzy charges, 600 with flasks)
9800 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, no BR or flasks)
11000 blast rain dps (golem, auras, no BR or flasks)

14600 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 pcharges, no BR or flasks)
16200 blast rain dps (golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 ppcharges, no BR or flasks)

21500 LA gmp chain dps(golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 pcharges, all flasks, no br)
25000 blast rain dps (golem, auras, 7 frenzy charges, 3 ppcharges, all flasks, no br)

Gear cost:
Bow: 1 exalt + 72% rats nest
armor: 16C
amulet: 1 fusing
boots: 12C
both rings: 2c
belt: self found
quiver: self found
gloveS: 1c
jewels: about 20C total

total cost = 1 exalts + 1 72% rats nest + 27 c + 1 fusing