Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
Finnien wrote:
I do have a few questions regarding the Vaal orb:

1) If a gem that is sub-20 quality gains the quality bonus (raising it from, say, 13 to 16%) or a low level gem gains a level (from 11 to 12, say), then will those items be able to be upgraded to 23% and to level 21? Or is the cap for the item not increased, and the gem is just given a one-time addition that can make it go over the cap if it's already there?

I dont think cap will be increased because everyone would use vaal orb on lvl 1 gem they build around until they get +1 lvl to that gem.
IMO you will use vaal orbs only on 20/20 gems OR lvl 20 gems if you dont need qual on it and hope to get +1 lvl and not quality.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
"
kungfooe wrote:
Major kudos to you GGG--SotV looks amazing! Can't wait to try it in a few days.

Although the in-game content will be changing, do you plan on releasing new microtransactions with the release? I can't wait to give you more of my money. :D

Again, congrats on a job well done. You guys and gals never cease to amaze me. See you in game!

There's a themed set of microtransactions called "Seraph" coming out, was shown in a screenshot.

Did not catch that screenshot. Good to know about the new MTX. Still curious about new supporter packs, though. One of the major selling points for me is all the physical goods you get with the bundle. <3 my Tabula Rasa shirt.
Bring back race seasons.
Very interesting stuff, thanks so much for all the hardworks going into continuously improving one of my favourite games.
"
D_o_g_f wrote:
Again I ask, after using a vaal orb on an item, does that mean you aren't even able to use armorers/whetstones to improve quality? That would seem a little silly. I kind of assume you won't be able to use chromatics, but I then wonder, what happens to the current socket colors when you use a vaal orb? Does it keep the original and make some white, or does it randomize them and then make some white? If the latter, these orbs would be pretty useless on 6links unless you were loaded with eternals.

Currency. The word Chris used to describe the items you CANNOT use on corrupted items was "Currency".

Because I keep seeing this question crop up, allow me to clarify for those who didn't finish reading Chris's sentence:

"
Chris wrote:
corrupted items cannot have further currency applied to them

You cannot use the following on corrupted items:
-Albino Rhoa Feathers
-Scrolls of Wisdom
-Portal Scrolls
-Orbs of Regret
-Glassblower's Baubles
-Armourer's Scraps
-Blacksmith's Whetstones
-Orbs of Augmentation
-Orbs of Transmutation
-Chromatic Orbs
-Orbs of Alteration
-Jeweller's Orbs
-Orbs of Chance
-Cartographer's Chisels
-Orbs of Scouring
-Orbs of Fusing
-Orbs of Alchemy
-Blessed Orbs
-Chaos Orbs
-Vaal Orbs
-Regal Orbs
-Gemcutter's Prisms
-Divine Orbs
-Exalted Orbs
-Eternal Orbs
-Mirrors of Kalandra

Anything that is not on this list can probably be used on corrupted items.
Items pending further testing:
-Alteration Shards
-Transmutation Shards

I'll get back to you on these.
"
Xenthian wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
"
BARL wrote:
As a predominantly solo player, can't say this is really what I was hoping for (but pretty much what I expected). Seems the power creep towards party play continues.

However, overall very excited and looking forward the challenges.

Given that vaal gems will probably be more effective solo, solo players are getting a good amount out of the expansion too.

It really doesn't matter what they do, as long as partying isn't straight up detrimental it will always be better than solo.

As a solo self-finder, Im trying to keep an open mind, but if the vaal skill gems are gated behind party only content, that is a big minus.

They are determined to make this game MMO, and in my opinion is that they are closer and closer with that every expansion.
Also i think its their plan (if their plan is 10 acts) that when all acts will be out, end game will be party only.
Nice makeing me comeback to the game!
vaal orb vendor recipe pls !! vendor full set of corrupted items lvl 60 or higher gives a vaal orb. makes sense eh?
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Mar 1, 2014, 2:27:51 AM
now im curious about the skilltree and mechanics :)

up to now great work ggg :)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
A-W-E-S-O-M-E ! ;)

I can't wait ! I'm really curious the rest of changes...
still no info about passive reset..(
IGN-Chatillion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info