Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

Again I ask, after using a vaal orb on an item, does that mean you aren't even able to use armorers/whetstones to improve quality? That would seem a little silly. I kind of assume you won't be able to use chromatics, but I then wonder, what happens to the current socket colors when you use a vaal orb? Does it keep the original and make some white, or does it randomize them and then make some white? If the latter, these orbs would be pretty useless on 6links unless you were loaded with eternals.
will there be a respec of passive trees on 5th of march?
IGN-Chatillion
"
D_o_g_f wrote:
Again I ask, after using a vaal orb on an item, does that mean you aren't even able to use armorers/whetstones to improve quality? That would seem a little silly. I kind of assume you won't be able to use chromatics, but I then wonder, what happens to the current socket colors when you use a vaal orb? Does it keep the original and make some white, or does it randomize them and then make some white? If the latter, these orbs would be pretty useless on 6links unless you were loaded with eternals.

Eternals?

You can't eternal to undo corruption.
Ooooh maaan, this looks so awesome I might be tempted to keep playing past ESO's release. :D
IGN : Jovial
Does this mean IIQ mods and gear will still drop on standard?
Awesome content update, Chris! Unlike some of the other posters here, I think I'm really looking forward to the new Vaal orbs.

Sure, I won't use it on any of my end-game rares, but it seems a great addition to an already "perfect" unique (I don't think it mentioned that it rerolls them, so I assume the mods stay the same).

Imagine Tabula Rasa and a Vaal orb. Already 6L'd, no colors, no mods to worry about. Now Vaal orb just gave it an implicit mod. Nothing to lose, right?

Vaal skill gems seem really interesting, too. I'm already trying to imagine all the different variations. A freezing pulse that fires backwards, starting at the enemy for full damage and then coming towards you? Summon skeletons that raise permanent skeletons instead of ones on a duration? Immortal call that makes you immune to all sources of damage including chaos for its duration?

Lots of hype from the Vaal content! Glad it's only 4 days until it's released!

I think it's been asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer: have you guys considered releasing supporter packs based around the Vaal expansion like you did for closed beta/open beta/release?

Vaal swag would be really cool to have around/wear. Or even some Vaal-specific MTX!
Bring back race seasons.
Actually I was really looking forward to this patch.
The Ambush league seems to be pretty entertaining - nice. I will definately make an ambush char.
Invasion seems a bit uncreative, sadly! I hoped for something exciting like nemesis!

Congratulations GGG for a new orb which is almost completely useless for high end gear unless you have hundrets of exalts and eternals to make a infinite amount of endgame gear to corrupt it ... pfff. I had a lot hope and excitement for that new orb but what a shit...., SADLY.

I hope the skill tree is nice at least!!
"
Septile wrote:
"
kungfooe wrote:
Major kudos to you GGG--SotV looks amazing! Can't wait to try it in a few days.

Although the in-game content will be changing, do you plan on releasing new microtransactions with the release? I can't wait to give you more of my money. :D

Again, congrats on a job well done. You guys and gals never cease to amaze me. See you in game!

There's a themed set of microtransactions called "Seraph" coming out, was shown in a screenshot.

"
BARL wrote:
As a predominantly solo player, can't say this is really what I was hoping for (but pretty much what I expected). Seems the power creep towards party play continues.

However, overall very excited and looking forward the challenges.

Given that vaal gems will probably be more effective solo, solo players are getting a good amount out of the expansion too.

It really doesn't matter what they do, as long as partying isn't straight up detrimental it will always be better than solo.

Can you please explain how vaal gems will be more effective solo and favour solo play?
If anything its opposite.
For example Immortal call will be easier to charge in party where you dont take as much dmg, killing mobs is faster, so when your codt IC will be trigered it will be full with soul charges.

Solo player take dmg 24/7 so many times you will need IC but you wont have souls, and i dont think it will trigger if you wont have souls. Actually i am sure it wont trigger if you dont have souls.

"
As corrupted areas require some effort to find and have mods that make them more difficult than normal, you'll often want to invite friends to help you clear the area.

So another nail to the single player coffin.

I like everything about the update, but that. Hopefully a good character will be able to solo these.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
Hate to be a debbie downer, but the invasion mod is REALLY REALLY LAME cant be the only one who thinks giant RNG is a lame mod for an entire league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info