Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #3

Won't corrupted items be account bound tho?
I am more excited with that creepy "claw" thingy behind the Blackheart nameplate. Its barely visible, its red and looking fearsome.
my thoughts:

this whole corruption thing, the most logical way to implement it would be via a new currency
normal questing maps would have their aesthetics changed, end game maps can be corrupted to give corrupted mods (new set of mods only obtainable via new currency)

the new currency would be applicable to all items except other orbs
white slots can be obtained this way (read: imba, OP) but the downside is it can have a chance to screw with the implicit mods on the item

the new unset ring having one slot only? i dont think theres much use for just one slot on rings with no mods. so there could be new gems that give mods. imba? yes. but not if they are white gems that can only be socketed into white slots.
that would also give incentives to white slotting the lone slot in a say 6S5L item. which gives the previously useless slot a chance to be useful.

if all these are true, then the conclusion is the new currency would be common or somewhat obtainable via vendor recipe

well something along this line :/
i hope.
Hi

Is it me or at the end of the bridge structure in the picture is a boat with a fishing pole?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
if corrupted is elitist only whats the point of releasing it?

chris assure ggg community that whatever way it takes to corrupt an item is as common as alchemy drops or just stop wasting our time.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Feb 20, 2014, 3:53:10 AM
"
gr00grams wrote:

Find me ONE Diablo-clone isometric ARPG that is not built on RNG, then I might agree with you. That is this genre's defining trait.

Poe doesn't need to be confined into the "diablo clone" mold. It is evident that a lot of its players hate the massive RNG variance and this is very much evident by the trading rather than crafting strategy and hosting of lotteries.

But sure, perhaps you would love if every time you open a map and you try to enter one of the six portals, the portal has a chance to "fizzle", so you'll have to try another.

Oh and oh, every time you attempt to activate a map in the eternal laboratory, there is a chance that the attempt will fail and no portals will be opened.

All in the name of RNGesus.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
The how much will you sacrifice meaning is clear now. Corrupted items will have a non possible extra modifier or more than one but later it will get probably destroyed. So, will you sacrifice your BoR to Kill residence bonus and get and extra mod or two more mods ?

:)
No socket in da ring? :)
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

i take holidays for the release week :D
"
Alabamak wrote:
No socket in da ring? :)

yeah why the hell arent corrupted jewels showing white socket?
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info