What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

Either properly maintain your standard leagues by removing legacy items or I will be done with this game end of Domination league. I that case I will also need to have a talk with Steam, Paypal and my credit card company if there is not any way to get my money back. Luckily we have very strong customer rights here in Europe.
"
Ezekeel wrote:
Either properly maintain your standard leagues by removing legacy items or I will be done with this game end of Domination league. I that case I will also need to have a talk with Steam, Paypal and my credit card company if there is not any way to get my money back. Luckily we have very strong customer rights here in Europe.

Well, you won't get your money back, that's for sure.

And you had fun for 4 months, right? That's way more fun people had with D3 or other full price games.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Ezekeel wrote:

And you had fun for 4 months, right? That's way more fun people had with D3 or other full price games.

Had one year of fun with broken as was d3 in that time. Fully stoped PoE in that period, so hope that GGG can offer something better in new 4 month league ....
Mirror of Kalandra?
jealousy.
My main concern is not if I or anyone can get a legacy Kaoms. I'm not interested in pvp, I can understand people who are to think about stuff like that.

What I'm interested in, and I guess most of the playerbase in SC are: Getting my first character to high enough levels to farm a bit to find new and strong items to make the char endgame viable and maybe find nice stuff for my next char. I have 3 chars over lvl 70 now. All are fully equiped. I acomplished that by farming with my first char, a split arrow, using IIQ and IIR gems.

That being in mind: How can someone who started playing in a new league and suffered the attrocious droprates from Domination and Nemesis, get to that stage after his char falls back to standard. Not all players let the old chars rott and start new in a new league. Some players (me) want to continue playing chars with friends, doing a map here and there, because I spent weeks (months) to get the char to where it is now, what's the point in not playing it anymore.
So how can a new player find good items to make another char, a third char, how can he find the currency to 5l a nice chest he might have, when there's no IIQ around?
Exactly: He wont be able to do that on 1-2 hours of playing per day. In the end he will loose interest in the game, and not get his friends to play it.

I don't know what the solution to this problem GGG sees in IIQ is. Maybe increase the droprates and make IIQ on items and gems useless (The items could stay the same, just don't do anything or a lot less). But there needs to be some compensation, because right now it is impossible to get a geared out character self found. (Want proof for that? See WillyWonkas selffound challenge, Kripparian's selffound challenge, they all died somewhere in between, and they are among the absolute BEST players in the game, and they couldn't make it because they lacked gear!)
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Ezekeel wrote:

Is it too much to ask for mature responses?

Ezekeel has a point: standard league sucks. Unfortunately I think it is beyond fixing because its economy is already broken. Better make a new permanent league that celebrates the game's official release.

In other words, what happens in beta stays in beta! :)
Last edited by mouhanad on Feb 13, 2014, 3:45:09 PM
"
UlverUA wrote:
Don't see any reason for all solo players in standard to stay here with all this changes. Is that what GGG wants?

Been a solo player in standard i personally don´t care about legacy items. I play for fun no for been in the top of a ladder or having the most OP gear in the game.
"
"
Chris wrote:
Old mods and items will not be removed or changed for players who currently have them. Powerful legacy items are an unintended feature of the permanent leagues.

Fixed that for you :)
Otherwise legacy items would not exist right?

WTB New Permanent Leagues.

100% correct. If Legacy items were intended, then you are stating offically that you are purposefully releasing gear that you think shouldn't exist, but oh well, we'll do it anyway. I would 100% support a new permanent league without any legacy items. Playing 4 months at a time is not a solution or adults. All the people crying about "just pay a new 4 month league" might need to revise their hours played (and this comes from someone who's playtime is certainly not casual).

Look at the leagues right now? What the fuck should i do with my 30+ nemesis exalts? Just throw them away because hardcore is a fucking joke and I'll never play it again? It's just a pathetic state of the game that I have ZERO incentive to ever play in the permanent league where all my hard work goes, just because of legacy items.
The problem in standard is that really good items are super rare and average map starting ones are all that you find most of the time. As a player who has been theory crafting/playing casually since open beta and has had 15 lv 70+ characters playing with an average of 2-3 people in maps and farming runs I have probably a total of 20-30ex worth of gear.... End game gear costs in the 70-80ex range to mirror. Yeah.. not making it to 90+ anytime soon.

On another note you can make a game hardcore without being Double Penetrating Anal Hardcore, just loosen the exponential function that bounds our drop rates and focus on adding more attacks that require the player to dodge or think more instead of more gear checks.
"
Ezekeel wrote:

I hate to break it to you but you didn't pay for game satisfaction when you gave them money. If you bought a supporter pack you were offered Micro-transaction points and some physical goods. As longs as GGG gave you the points and physical goods then you were given what you paid for. They never promised you anything more than that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info