What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
So business model is(?): ''Let's keep wealthy players(nolife or/and wallet warriors) happy and make them more wealthy with more legacy items. They will buy more stashes for legacy items and exalted orbs. Forget about new players and common sense.''

Doomed all who did not copmplete their MF set. Legacy items policy expanded over 1.0+ realeses is grotesque. I always laughing my as* off when i see nerfed 5% Running Speed on Wondertrap.

Hope you guys know what you are doing (no, not realy,its obvious random)and your buisness model will work. Few months ago when you pushed revolutionary changes(nerfs)in HP nodes player count has dropped, some players bought bulks of Kaomses for 20 ex each and you started to think serious about co-op with steam.

Short: VERY BAD IDEAS.

Vote for that! No hope for new players, no hope for poe. If new players get to know they can never get a legacy kaom/shav/soul taker which may worth 300ex one day other than RMT, will they have more interest in POE?

And how do i introduce this game to my friend if they learn that they can never get the legacy kaom/shav?
Don't see any reason for all solo players in standard to stay here with all this changes. Is that what GGG wants?
"
The Unique items from the challenge leagues will not drop any more, but may return as race rewards or drops at some later time.

Will I be able to get them in standard-league by using orbs of chance?
"
reinimax wrote:
"
The Unique items from the challenge leagues will not drop any more, but may return as race rewards or drops at some later time.

Will I be able to get them in standard-league by using orbs of chance?

Usually no
"
Caiada wrote:
They ought to switch IIQ to IIR on those uniques. If it exists on any item, that item will be used. It doesn't matter if it still exists on legacy because legacy is legacy, but new instances of IIQ WILL make the game suffer long-term.

With that said, will there be any increase in drop amounts? I wonder.

Don't hold your breath.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
I think you're missing the point here - by removing MF affixes and gems the base drop rates can be improved. This enables builds which cannot normally MF to have better drops, which I'm all for. A lot of people are turned off by the fact that the game feels kind of miserable when you're not running an MF kit - no-rare-drop map boss kills, for example.

And then everyone who's still able to run IIQ will suddenly be at an exponential advantage. IIQ + improved base drop = winner.

Then any new players that come to the game are severely handicapped.

If they're going to remove it (terrible idea in the first place), it needs to be a wholesale wipe. All IIQ gems and affixes removed from all items currently present, excepting uniques.

Quoted for truth.

I've only been playing PoE for about 3 months now (in Dom) and finally getting used to all the quirks that come with diff bosses/maps/etc. Now as a relatively new player, GGG is considering removing IIQ (which I have almost negligible access to) altogether, putting me at an ever greater disadvantage compared to players who've been in SC longer, means it will not be worth playing any longer for me.

The truly sad part is, I made my first in-game purchase like last week and I loved it. But with this power creep and absurd strength of older accounts, there is no reason for me to bother with farming anything if I won't have access to an equal pool of items/gems as all older players. GGG is really making a huge mistake by making it ridiculous harder for newer players to compete and build their currency/item pool.

How can GGG expect newer players to do ANYTHING at all when it comes time to PVP, when they've been handicapped from the very time they started their accounts? I promise you, make this game hard for the new guys, and it will die off very fast. Its a shame because this is probably the most involved game I've ever played with all its build variations and setups, and the challenges of trying to solo hard bosses or even party in insane maps is thrilling. I suppose it was fun while it lasted.

I ve played the game since the very beginning of Anarchy, and got end-game gear. But i d rather my legacy item become non-legacy or new players have more opportunities to get legacy item. Cause POE can be ALIVE IF AND ONLY IF more and more NEW players join.
Consider my 2 suggestions:
1. mirror can apply to uniques, cause many legacy kaoms/shav/soul taker are stored in very few ppl, and they manipulate the market of legacy items. For example, some guy own at least 10 legacy kaoms. If mirror can apply to uniques, at least will prevent the skyrocketing price of legacy items and give new players more access to legacy items.
2. all uniques that drop in standard league are legacy ones. If u wanna play a league with non-legacy item, then u can choose to play new league. Otherwise u can choose to play standard league. And when new league is merged to standard league, players can use divine to make their non-legacy into legacy.
Last edited by Ultrakiller on Feb 13, 2014, 3:21:36 PM
Here's what POE needs:

AVALON: new permanent soft-core League (alternative to standard)
1- No IIR items or gems, No IIQ items or gems, increased global drop-rates*
2- Uniques can be retroactively nerfed (no legacy items)
3- High-end recipe for creating six-link items (should be worth around 3-4 exalted tops)
4- Only 1 percent experience penalty when dying on merciless.

To all non-masochist POE players, head over to the suggestion thread and show you support for this new perma league. (There is a whole thread about it there).

And GGG, you should realize that this is the best way to retain players over the long term. Four month leagues are great for new players. But after that there needs to be another option besides starting from scratch or playing on a league nobody wants to play on.

Last edited by mouhanad on Feb 13, 2014, 3:17:11 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Lol Legacy whiners..

Just play 4-Month Leagues, problem solved.

"New players will eventually end up in a Permanent League."
No, they'll just reroll on the next 4-month league, solved.

No one who cares about balance and economy plays on Permanent Leagues, and they're not meant to. So stop whining, and don't step foot in SC/HC.

This post shows ignorance and lack of respect towards players who prefer to play with 1-3 chars and keep improving them.
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
Last edited by el_hombre_loco on Feb 13, 2014, 3:17:36 PM
"
Can't wait for RoS. :<

+1
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
mouhanad wrote:
Here's what POE needs:

AVALON: new permanent soft-core League (alternative to standard)
1- No IIR items or gems, No IIQ items or gems, increased global drop-rates*
2- Uniques can be retroactively nerfed (no legacy items)
3- High-end recipe for creating six-link items (should be worth around 3-4 exalted tops)
4- Only 1 percent experience penalty when dying on merciless.

To all non-masochist POE players, head over to the suggestion thread and show you support for this new perma league. (There is a whole thread about it there).

And GGG, you should realize that this is the best way to retain players over the long term. Four month leagues are great for new players. But after that there needs to be another option besides starting from scratch or playing on a league nobody wants to play on.

Dont agree with % XP loss per death, at least death hurts and is something player trying and is trying to avoid. Agree with rest:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info