What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Problem is, you are only looking at this one side of the coin. You have to take into consideration that there are plenty of players that have legacy items, and has worked hard for it. I know it is not fair, but damn it, so is real life. I know there should not be real life elements, but the game already has one, it is called trading. With how trades are occurring in the game, it is pretty much emulating the real world economy to an extent.

So what? There were plenty of people with RF sporkers as well but no one had a problem when they broke the hell out of those character people had put an insane amount of time in.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Item quantity will be revisited in 1.1.0. We are highly likely to lock your Boots Equipment Slot to permanently be occupied by Goldwyrm's Nubick Boots in 1.1.0 and to prevent the Item Quantity mod from spawning on magic or rare items. Item Quantity will continue to exist on Unique items, but we may review its magnitude.

Fixed. ~.^

Haha exactly my first thought.

RIP IIQ
BLAMT!
What the heck kind of bone-headed move is reducing IIQ? The whole point of games like this to get really good items with which to storm content. So in essence, you're basically making even mid-range gear much harder to get. This is the EXACT reason Diablo 3 failed so hard. PLEASE, learn from Blizzard's mistakes, and do not turn this into another Diablo 3. Otherwise, you will see players leaving in droves.
Last edited by MimSiE on Feb 13, 2014, 12:23:27 AM
"
"
Ultrakiller wrote:
How can a game attract new player if they learn that they could never get a legacy kaom/shav/soul taker by farming other than RMT?

If there is still a huge difference between legacy and non-legacy, the legacy kaom can be even more than 2 mirror.

It would be so sad if a new player can never be able to get a legacy item by farming. When new player lose hope, the game is over.

1. You don't need legacy items to play the game.

2. You don't need to use RMT to afford legacy items from scratch. It is called trading.

EDIT: someone else made an example of a player only having 5-15 chaos from leveling 1-70 for the first time. That is bull. I had 3-4 ex each from my first two characters. I picked up every 4 slot and smaller BLUE item and traded in all the alts. I don't do that any more now obviously but people have to start somewhere and if a player is too clueless to know how to do so that is their own problem.

I have all end-game gear just because i play the game since half a year ago, and it is not possible now for a new player to get even a legacy kaom by playing half a year. If a new play get to know they may never get a legacy kaom which may worth 300ex later by playing for 1 year, will he be more happier to play poe?
Yeah, new player surly don't need legacy items to play the game, but dont they deserve the right to get the end-game gear by farming in a certain period of time?
"
reboticon wrote:

So what? There were plenty of people with RF sporkers as well but no one had a problem when they broke the hell out of those character people had put an insane amount of time in.

Maybe just maybe because RF Sporkers was a walking god build. The build pretty much destroyed every build in the game. Shavs is partly blamed for that, but I feel that Shavs should had been removed from the game PERIOD. It is a lot harder to achieve synergy from gears than from skills. That is why you see the buff/nerf game more often with skill/support gems.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 13, 2014, 12:15:47 AM
What about premium stash tabs that have been purchased in domination? Are they lost? Considering they cost 20$....I'd be a bit upset.
Please don't add bringer of lag and desyncherald to the normal leagues.
"
fijalkow wrote:
What about premium stash tabs that have been purchased in domination? Are they lost? Considering they cost 20$....I'd be a bit upset.

When you buy a stash tab you get it for all leagues, not just the league you're currently playing in.

Likewise, when the new leagues begin you'll start with all of the normal and premium stash tabs you've purchased.
Last edited by Hojirozame on Feb 13, 2014, 12:40:46 AM
"
fijalkow wrote:

Stash tabs that are bought go to all leagues. Common sense.

"
Ultrakiller wrote:
I have all end-game gear just because i play the game since half a year ago, and it is not possible now for a new player to get even a legacy kaom by playing half a year. If a new play get to know they may never get a legacy kaom which may worth 300ex later by playing for 1 year, will he be more happier to play poe?
Yeah, new player surly don't need legacy items to play the game, but dont they deserve the right to get the end-game gear by farming in a certain period of time?

And the only end game gear is legacy uniques? And don't older players deserve to not have their items nerfed? And what happens when the new players do get their hands on top end gear? You really think they'll be okay with it when everyone wants to nerf the gear they just got? There will be balance changes in the future you know.
Last edited by Telzen on Feb 13, 2014, 12:46:19 AM
"
Telzen wrote:
"
fijalkow wrote:

Stash tabs that are bought go to all leagues. Common sense.

"
Ultrakiller wrote:

And the only end game gear is legacy uniques? And don't older players deserve to not have their items nerfed? And what happens when the new players do get their hands on top end gear? You really think they'll be okay with it when everyone wants to nerf the gear they just got? There will be balance changes in the future you know.

For 2h weapon life-base build, legacy kaom is the best gear. Look at the post i wrote in page 10, i offer 2 solution: 1. mirror can be applied to uniques 2. all unique that drop in standard league are legacy ones.
Or u can come up with new ideas. Anyway, my main idea is to make poe more attractive to new player. Will more new player join poe if they get to know it is impossible to get a legacy kaom by farming?
When legacy kaom was 30ex several months ago, it was very likely that u can get one if u farm hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info