What Happens When the Domination and Nemesis Leagues End?

What am I playing?
PATcH of ORPHAN ?
This post teach me something I hadn't met before in my gamer life.

Don't waste time on new challenge leagues.
Permanent Leagues is best destination.
PATcH of ORPHAN is NOT amicable for newbies.
Maybe GGG had/will play/ed for designing, but they never play for playing.

More haste, less speed. Q.E.D
Last edited by zeroorez00000 on Feb 12, 2014, 11:51:51 PM
"
Slider13 wrote:
Your stance on legacy items is appalling. I have no idea why you are so scared about stepping on a few toes to make all items equal across leagues. If it's worth nerfing for some, it's worth nerfing for all.

Lets pretend for a second that you even cared a single turd about the permanent leagues. What rational is there for some people to be extremely better at something than others who may want to play in that league (like farming because they have better gear that other players can never attain now). As someone with a lot of currency and gear in HC as well as standard (rippin hundreds of exalts worth of loot, oh yea) I'd support you fulling wiping both of those leagues because it's an embarrassment to this amazing game. Every time it comes around that you talk about legacy items I just want to stop supporting you and never again look at what is the best game I've ever played.

+10

Legacy Items are retarded and a HUGE deterrent for new players.

Newb: "Oh that item looks cool, it would really enable or boost my build"
Looks up on 3rd party site auction house.
Price: 150+ exalted
Newb looks in stash
Has 5-15 chaos after first 1-70 play through
-_-
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Last edited by ShaeG on Feb 12, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
Some questions:

Will map only uniques stay?
Will there be another Unique Challenge where you have to grind bosses for weeks?
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
wts
for 3 mirrors Kappa
"
ShaeG wrote:
"
Slider13 wrote:
Your stance on legacy items is appalling. I have no idea why you are so scared about stepping on a few toes to make all items equal across leagues. If it's worth nerfing for some, it's worth nerfing for all.

Lets pretend for a second that you even cared a single turd about the permanent leagues. What rational is there for some people to be extremely better at something than others who may want to play in that league (like farming because they have better gear that other players can never attain now). As someone with a lot of currency and gear in HC as well as standard (rippin hundreds of exalts worth of loot, oh yea) I'd support you fulling wiping both of those leagues because it's an embarrassment to this amazing game. Every time it comes around that you talk about legacy items I just want to stop supporting you and never again look at what is the best game I've ever played.

+10

Legacy Items are retarded and a HUGE deterrent for new players.

Newb: "Oh that item looks cool, it would really enable or boost my build"
Looks up on 3rd party site auction house.
Price: 150+ exalted
Newb looks in stash
Has 5-15 chaos after first 1-70 play through
-_-

No hope for new player, no hope for poe
"
Slider13 wrote:

This.

If you care enough about permanent leagues to take IIQ out, why are you creating a black market with legacy items?
Last edited by feyith on Feb 12, 2014, 11:50:58 PM
Im a new player and no i would never start a char in standard league for reasons already mentioned but thats OK in this game since there is Leagues . In for example D2 noone really stayed in classic game everyone played the "Ladder" game wich worked somewhat similar to PoE`s leagues but with way less content and usually no new content .

I think theres lots of hope for new players in PoE aslong as hey keep the League games going. isnt semi tragical people that sit on silly wealth and super uber gear on standard ? wheres the challenge in that type of gameplay ? ^^
"
Ultrakiller wrote:
How can a game attract new player if they learn that they could never get a legacy kaom/shav/soul taker by farming other than RMT?

If there is still a huge difference between legacy and non-legacy, the legacy kaom can be even more than 2 mirror.

It would be so sad if a new player can never be able to get a legacy item by farming. When new player lose hope, the game is over.

1. You don't need legacy items to play the game.

2. You don't need to use RMT to afford legacy items from scratch. It is called trading.

EDIT: someone else made an example of a player only having 5-15 chaos from leveling 1-70 for the first time. That is bull. I had 3-4 ex each from my first two characters. I picked up every 4 slot and smaller BLUE item and traded in all the alts. I don't do that any more now obviously but people have to start somewhere and if a player is too clueless to know how to do so that is their own problem.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Feb 13, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
"
Slider13 wrote:

Problem is, you are only looking at this from one side of the coin. You have to take into consideration that there are plenty of players that have legacy items, and has worked hard for it. I know it is not fair, but damn it, so is real life. I know there should not be real life elements, but the game already has one, it is called trading. With how trades are occurring in the game, it is pretty much emulating the real world economy to an extent.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 13, 2014, 12:03:45 AM
I actually like the idea of removing IIQ.
I would like to see IIQ/IIR have huge downsides then it already does though.

I keep seeing level 80 players join Merc parties with max IIQ & IIR then dominate bosses without breaking a sweat while other players are just chilling out in the back and watching. There has to be a huge downside to survivability but there isn't much at all, it's completely stupid.
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Feb 13, 2014, 12:00:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info