Tell Me Why You Deserve A Beta Key From Me

i just want to try the game, waiting for a long time now but if i don't get the key. No problem, i just wait a bit longer.

i have seen the livestreams and then i think: don't play like that, i would do it differently! i don't watch them anymore, i still want to be suprised in the game!

Last edited by bnn1 on Sep 16, 2011, 10:46:04 AM
Was this given away last night?

If so, congrats to the winner. :)

If not, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. As to why I think I'd make a good beta tester, there are a few reasons:

1) I LOVE character customization. In fact, that's what keeps me so enthralled with games years after they are out. I played a Neverwinter Nights persistent world for 6 years, because of the amazing character customization it had. That's what really appeals to me about this game too, is the huge amount of options you get from a character perspective.

2) I'm a number-cruncher. This kind of goes along with #1, but applies to everything, not just the class. I love to min/max, and to balance too, across different characters. I like to weigh pros/cons, benefits/detriments, skill vs skill, item vs item, etc. I spend hours agonizing over build and item choices.

3) I'm a programmer by trade. Well, former programmer. Now I'm in top-tier tech support. So I get programming, know ways in which bugs can surface, etc. I squash bugs all day for my job, and think I'd be good at finding them in a game too.

4) I've played a lot of games out there. I'm in my mid-30's, and played in the hayday of video games. Everything from the first Final Fantasy/Chronotrigger games, to later FF iterations, to both Diablos and some clones (Titan Quest in particular), to epic RPG's like Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Fallout/Elder Scrolls, to Neverwinter Nights. So I have a lot of experience with different systems, which gives me some good ideas on what I like and don't like about other games. It also helps me to make suggestions about the system of PoE, to try and help refine that as much as an outsider (read: non PoE develoepr) can.

5) I work from home, and have more free time than a lot of people because of that. Sure, college and high school kids have more time on their hands, but as far as post-college adults go, I have quite a lot of it.

6) I found this game a while back, and got about 6 of my friends interested in it too. It just fits our playstyle, and what we're looking for in a game, perfectly. After reading and discussing the systems this game employs, we were incredibly excited about it, and feel like it's "the game" we've been searching for for quite some time. We adored the customization of the NWN Persistent World we played on, but tired of the content after 5 or 6 years. So we've been searching for its replacement, and honestly feel like this could be it.

So in short, I'd love to get my hands on this game early, both to help squash bugs, but also to really get in to each of the systems (item, character, class, etc), to give quality feedback on what I think about them.
I don't have a social life or job and am prepared to play this game eight hours per day.
no job or social life and you can only commit 8 hours? what the hell!?
I really want the Key, because im seriously intrested in the game and in helping this development team.

For me its been ages since i have been intresting in an online game. However this game really caught my attention, and the more i read/watch about the more i want to be part of it.

What is also a magnet for me, is that the game is developed by an independent studio. Usally, when these studios create great games you can notice something else besides quality... you can notice that they put "love" in the game. By looks of the sshots, videos and reading forums im quite sure that this studio is one of those. Thats the other reason why i want to help them.
why should I hate you? I should hate you because you got a beta key? lol... you was lucky and get on, congratz =) you are one of thousands who got a key and this is a great achievement !

I want to have a key because i am waiting for 9 months ^^ I want to test a lot and create many cb feedback to get this game better.

It would be nice to get yours =)

Have a nice day all of you

schoseba :)
Just putin my name out their :)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┻
I FLIP WITH THE BIG BOYS
"
schoseba wrote:
why should I hate you? I should hate you because you got a beta key? lol...

You should hate him because he didnt get a key by the fair way. He is liar and person without honor. Human scum, who ask key for his dying brother - all was a lie.
I "deserve" a beta key because i'm lazy, there ain't much of a chance for me to report bugs and i'm very very bored.
same as bobbing but 24/7 haha :)
PATH OF EXILE = GAME OF EXTASE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info