Desecrate

I feel like dececrate should ALLWAYS at least have one corpse of your current spectre in it cuz having to open up map xyz to get back ur spectre in case it dies is just tedious imo. :/
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
I feel like dececrate should ALLWAYS at least have one corpse of your current spectre in it cuz having to open up map xyz to get back ur spectre in case it dies is just tedious imo. :/

hehehheheh
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I wonder if the desecrate + trap + cluster trap + multiple trap will change with the gems coming for 3.1.
Since they are very corpse centric.

I currently use that thing for sustaining triple devouring totem on bosses.
With changes introduced in 3.1, is there really a need to keep the limit to 3 casts and wait for the cooldown?

It also has a 15 corpse limit, desecrate + spell cascade, summons all corpses. A new cast removes all previously summoned corpses. Even without spell cascade, first batch of corpses disappear when a new batch exceeds the limit.

I dont see the rationale of keeping the 3 cast limit, especially with when using with other corpse utilising skills.

Would really appreciate if GGG could shed some light on this.
Bit of a noob question here, but how does desecrate summon corpses? I've been trying a build with this and all it does is inflict damage. tia
"
jerryscot wrote:
Bit of a noob question here, but how does desecrate summon corpses? I've been trying a build with this and all it does is inflict damage. tia

Look underneath the Damage field: it's a big pile of bodies! :P

Yah agreed, there is no longer a need for this combination:-

a) 3 cast limit.
b) 5 max corpse limit.
c) new-cast overwrite old-casted corpse.

**best is either remove/adjust one of this 2:-

3 cast limit.
OR
new-cast overwrite old-casted corpse.
Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Mar 5, 2018, 10:41:54 PM
It's reaaaaaaaly annoying to spent 10 or more minutes trying to desecrate the specific corpse that you want. For example: I want solar guards. I go to solaris temple and use desecrate, then I use raise spectre on one of the solar guard corpses. But as they are low level, then I go to one high tier level map (guardians or shaper). Then I use desecrate but it takes a loooot of time to get the solar guard corpse cause desecrate uses mainly the map's pool of monsters. So in my opinion, it should be as simple as 1 of the 5 corpses that appear when we use desecrate should be from player's spectres pool. And the other 4 should be from the map's pool. That way, if you want a monster from the map, it's pretty easy. And if you want one from your pool (a solar guard, for example) you can get it easy too.

Also the 3 cast limit is really annoying too...
Can someone confirm or deny my observation?

i'm using archer statues as spectres, and i lost my spectres in hideout due to a gear management error. i went back to a map i was running before (still active portals in my hideout, so same instance), but i've been trying for over half an hour and no appropriate bodies of the spectres spawned.

can it be that some body types (like statues, that usually don't spawn naturally on maps) cannot be spawned by desecrate?

i also tried this before a few times, and it never worked.
Bone Stalker from the Ossuary aren't included when you use Desecrate. Is this something that can be added in?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info