Desecrate

I posted this in the patch notes thread but i realized this would probably be the correct place to put it so here i go

I was thinking of a adjustment that could be made to the gem that would require you to level it to get better corpses but would scale well for everything, what i came up with is

Corpse level = (gem lv required+character lv)/2 Max-Area level

with this you can't just snag a level one gem and run with it but a level 80 character could get level 70 corpses with a lv 16 gem. Making level 74 corpses doable either at level 80 with a 20 gem or 88 with a 16 gem (or +1/-2 gem/character levels for any point in between)

Tho if i'm honest scaling spectres up to zone is probably the best thing that could be done to them overall (if that was done i guess all this change would do is make better detonate dead fodder)
Hi,
here is my suggestion how skill should work..

Skill spawns corpses with level depending on area level. Each level of skill gem will define different pattern of monsters to spawn periodically. There should be patterns better used for raise specter users, detonate dead users, mix and maybe even patterns with 4 weaker corpses at a time for offering skill users. Stronger monsters or monsters with bigger HP pool should be used for higher gem levels.

pros
+ you don't need to travel to specific zone to raise specters
+ monster levels will scale properly
+ need to level skill gem to get more popular corpses patterns and better chaos DoT effect
+ interesting aspect of finding optimal pattern for specific build

cons
- need to level gem to specific level (on the other hand first time everyone can level gem to 20 and vendor it for 20Q gem, so there will be another reason for leveling then exploring different patterns)
- a lot of work :)

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Langhun on Feb 6, 2014, 6:16:36 AM
Do support gems like trap and remote mine effect the damage of the corpses on the ground? Like spectres raised from those corpses have the damage buff they were given from those supports on desecrate itself?
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
I don't think so. Corpses are still just corpses. However It will probably increase base DoT effect.
thank you for this amazing gem
Awesome :D
Well, at least now you can summon zombies anytime, no need to hunt for corpses in docks with the help of skels. Chaos damage is pretty low though, I think.
Does this skill stack with spell dmg % what increases the dps of the skill?

Does DoT nodes help with the dps?

Does added chaos dmg support stack with this skill?
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Feb 8, 2014, 8:37:31 AM
"
nath3890 wrote:
I was thinking of a adjustment that could be made to the gem that would require you to level it to get better corpses but would scale well for everything, what i came up with is

Corpse level = (gem lv required+character lv)/2 Max-Area level

with this you can't just snag a level one gem and run with it but a level 80 character could get level 70 corpses with a lv 16 gem. Making level 74 corpses doable either at level 80 with a 20 gem or 88 with a 16 gem (or +1/-2 gem/character levels for any point in between)

This. Please make it possible to get high level corpses with a reasonable skill level, say 17 or 18.
Does anyone know what gems can or cannot be used with desecrate?
Another way to provide higher level corpses would be to change to quality bonus of the gem. For example Quality/3 is added to max corpse level.

At the moment the gem is quite useless at the late game...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info