Desecrate

"
NorbTheOne wrote:
@SirNonimus

I'd like the build were it not for thinking other AOE spells linked to CoC/CoMK more useful.

CoMK + Detonate Dead linked together seems redundant because there's already a corpse so why create a few more when DD only happens once per kill?

CoC + DD + Desecrate: I'd rather use CoC + EK + EK because you know, both EKs do direct damage.

You see, I'd rather make a dedicated Detonate Dead build using Desecrate than to experiment with another build that requires a lot of things combined i.e high crit, 6L etc.

Avatar of Fire: Since Detonate Dead does mostly fire damage this passive is unnecessary for the skill.

Yeah avatar of fire could be dropped unless there was another way to incorporate more damage types in.

Very true I know the casting with other moves seems a bit annoying, but it's actually fun.

It does take 4 links, but I put them altogether in a 4 link and tried it anyways.

So far it kills just fine for me because of all the physical percentage leech I have from my gear and the cannot be stunned from my eye of chayula.

It seems like it would do far less damage though without cyclone being apart from it and would make it a bit more difficult because of the need to press more buttons simultaneously.

Like sure if you do Detonate dead + Desecrate you'll be fine no doubt, but then you lose the ability to just travel AND kill at the same time with Cyclone being able to lay down the corpses for you while blowing them up too.

It's just more convenient and entertaining for parties so you're not struggling to walk through the whole dungeon while making it look like you're trying to catch up to the rest of the group with other skills that do not travel while killing.
The damage is actually multiplicative because of how many corpses there are on the field AFTER using desecrate.

Say they die by my skills and the creatures dying make corpses themselves, so that's like saying more AMMO for me with detonate dead being constantly cast by Cyclone while piling more on with Desecrate at the same time.

"Theoretically": Never ending Explosions!

That's my dream theory build is a Never ending explosive amounts of corpses and that's why I called it the "Valley of Death."

Does no one think that's possible cause I know that the more corpses that are made and exploded at the same time would make it endless along with the enemies that die at the same time as well?

So really this COULD become a valid build, it just requires a new way on how to cast multiple skills that are separate without limiting a persons way of adding a good amount of supports, this means the "cast on" gems take up too many extra spaces while having both detonate dead & desecrate takes to many as well.
Last edited by SiRnonymous on Feb 11, 2014, 2:37:49 PM
The build I'm utilizing Desecrate with is a life-based summoner, and currently level 65. Started from Marauder's side and moving through the center for Necromantic Aegis & Eldritch Battery.

This pure summoner build currently includes two Summon Raging Spirit spell totems, seven zombies, two specters, and nine skeletons. Running both Flesh and Bone Offerings for maximum minion destruction and survival. As for auras I've got Haste and Purity going, and Anger eagerly waiting to join the lineup. Lastly Leap Slam for movement.

My feedback for Desecrate is that its an amazing skill, and probably a new staple for any pure summoner from now on. There are numerous uses for this including the new Offering skills, and I really like that it's targeting is preferential to the terrain rather than monsters.

This means that the skill can be utilized as a click-to-move button without fear of misclicking your softy summoner into a giant pack of Magic Whipping Miscreations. I simply hold my 'attack in place' key (usually shift) when I want to cast some corpses, and at all other times it functions as click-to-move!

A button used only for movement before just became so much more.

FANTASTIC JOB!

Love you GGGuys, keep it up!
RIP squid summoners.
Last edited by amero2 on Feb 12, 2014, 12:58:35 PM
"
armyguyclaude wrote:
Does this skill stack with spell dmg % what increases the dps of the skill?

Does DoT nodes help with the dps?

Does added chaos dmg support stack with this skill?

Did anyone answer this question?

I'm curious what kind of damage you can get with passives.
As I see it, there are four main uses for this gem: (1) corpses for Zombies, (2) corpses for spectres, (3) corpses for Bone/Flesh offering, (4) detonate dead.

My main complaint with Desecrate is that there is almost no incentive to level this gem up for the vast majority of builds. Only people who use Desecrate w/ Detonate dead have a reason to level this up. There is absolutely no need when summon zombies or using the Offering skills - these skills do not scale off the level of the corpse used. Further, even with a lvl 20+ gem, the ability to actually summon useable corpses is extremely limited. For Burning Miscreations and Undying Evangelists, two of the most popular spectres, you cannot exceed the level of normal mobs outside of maps. At least with Evangelists, there might be some benefit from not having to find and kill one in Upper Sceptre of God, but this gem is completely useless for Burning Miscreations. You can only summon the corpses in Lunaris 2, and these will always be inferior to BM spectres summoned from Lunaris 3 which will be one level higher. There may be some benefit to people who use Flame Sentinels, as you can summon these corpses in the Laboratory without having to roam Solaris or actually kill anything.

As far as spectres in maps go, there is almost no benefit for people running lvl 66 to lvl 75 maps. Burning Miscreations do not appear to be 'signature' mobs for any of these maps and thus are not guaranteed to be summoned with desecrate. The few opportunities when you can summon Burning Miscreations are when the map has the 'Demonic' prefix, or happened to spawn BM's by chance (like Cemetary maps can, occasionally). In this case, desecrate provides no benefit since you will already have access to those corpses. This is an issue that should be addressed. You should at least have the chance, albeit a very small chance, to summon corpses that you can't just go out an immediately kill anyway. I would love to be able to go into a random lvl 70 map, and by spamming desecrate long enough, eventually generate corpses that are usable as spectres.

To recap, only one of the four uses of Desecrate benefits from increased levels. Two of them are completely unaffected by levels and you are just as well off using a level 1 gem. The fourth use (spectres) is completely useless even at the highest levels. I have a lvl88 summoner Witch and an effective lvl23 desecrate. But, I have absolutely no practical use for the potentially lvl74 corpses that it can spawn. Any situation in which it does provide me with a usable corpse, I have access to dozens already. I strongly feel that this mechanic should be tweaked to allow people to, at the very least, be able to raise decently leveled spectres (>68) for use in breaking into higher map tiers. As it is, you either make do with low level spectres, spam alterations on a map while trying to hit a particular "inhabited by xxx" mod, or try to get corpses from maps other players have cleared.
Leveling might increase chaos damage too. I'm not sure, of course, since it doesn't have proper tooltip.
Last edited by DarkTl on Feb 12, 2014, 11:57:47 PM
"
DarkTl wrote:
Leveling might increase chaos damage too. I'm not sure, of course, since it doesn't have proper tooltip.

The chaos damage is pretty clear.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
So from what I'm understanding is that the Corpse level is limited by 2 things
1. The gem level of the Desecrate
2. The zone level of where you are casting desecrate.

Am I correct in this understanding? Because I just got a lvl 2 Empower with a geofri's crest and I have lvl 22 desecrate from with using a lvl 19 desecrate Because of the +1 +2 to gem levels that socketing within the helm.

I really wish the tooltip was more detailed or some more information was given on the main post about how this skill works.
Your understanding is right KaiSong.

Corpselevel = Min (Arealevel, Required Level of Desecrate Gem)

In your case you could summon corpses of level 72, whenever you are in an area with an arealevel of 72+. In all areas with an arelevel lower then 72, the summoned corpses will have the level of that area.
Hey, not sure what's going on but it appears desecrate does not damage enemy totems.

I was in Act 2 The Ancient Pyramids on Normal and I was casting desecrate on a mob and noticed nothing was happening to the totem. So I cleared all the enemies around the totem and cast Desecrate 2-3 more times directly on this totem and it was staying full health.

Is this suppose to happen for some reason?
Last edited by Ciggie on Feb 25, 2014, 1:34:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info