Desecrate

I've both played A VD DD Spellslinger build that uses desecrate as well as a General's Cry Blade Flurry build that channels desecrate.

I've noticed that out of all the builds I've played this league, these two builds seem to have particularly terrible fps and frequent screen freezes. I tested spell-slinging/CwCing desecrate in my hideout; It does seem to lower my fps and resolution (dynamic resolution enabled) by a significant chunk.

I use directx11, a GTX 1050ti 4gb, 8Gb RAM and an intel i5-8400 processor.
I've tinkered with settings by disabling sound in the config and lowering graphic settings, it doesn't help with desecrates fps drops.
I really enjoyed the spellslinger build, but I scrapped as it just couldn't survive 7fps game-play.
That sucked.
I picked up general's cry later in the league and I'm experiencing the same issues now that I've reached maps, where the juice already screws with performance.

Does the desecrate mtx actually fix my problem? If so which one?
If it's my PC, how do I about upgrading the correct component?

Thanks.
For the context, I am playing an Arcanist Brand Volatile Dead Necro.

I am here to talk about the Corpse Limit. I hope you guys agree that a hard Cap never feels good and much of what makes POE fun is creating characters that are usualy blocked by hard caps ( in other games).

In my mind a hard Cap is just a lazy solution to a problem. Of course you could just set the maximum Damage a character can deal every second to 1 Million but that would discourage many players from playing. A hard cap needs to be SUPER difficult to hit. Lets say a hard cap for 100 Million damage per second per character. This number would make sense at the moment. Of course there will be a few upset players as they can no longer push their crazy PoB DPS into the Billions but for any gameplay it doesn't really matter if you hit 100 Million or 200 Million.

Back to the Corpse Limit. Desecrate Summons 5 Corpses and with a simple Spell Cascade Support I already go 5 over the limit of 10. Yes I can increased it by 2 on the tree but 12 is still very easy to reach.

First thing would be more options to increased the corpse Limit further. Maybe an helmet Enchantment, the Skill tree or even one of these hidden passives that you can only annoint but not reach normaly. Maybe a Unique item?

If it is an performance Problem when too many corpses are spawned then decreased the Base number of 5 Spawned Corpses to 3 or even 2 and give them more life to account for any corpse explosing skills. If you want to summon more then 3 zombies you have to use spell cascade.

If the performance is not an issues I do not understand this hard cap. If corpse explosion skills should be limited just reduce the maximum life of the summoned corpses.

Conclusion:

Please make the corpse cap hard to hit. Ideally the base should be as strong as as it is now but why on earth don't you let us invest into creating more corpses.
There should be a Vaal Desecrate that grants temporary Corpsewalker buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info