Desecrate

Currently leveling Spell Cascade + Desecrate > Spell Cascade + Volatile Dead.
The reduction in the corpse limit killed the efficiency of this combo.

Casting Desecrate followed by Volatile Dead only consumes 6 corpses due to how close the corpses spawn.

Two possible suggestions are:
-reducing corpses per cast to 4
-increasing base area of effect by ~33%
I am currently playing a detonate dead Necromancer.

I've noticed that Unleash does not work with Desecrate despite the recent changes, is this intentional? I see no reason for it to not work as it has the correct tags and it's basically the same as using spell-echo but with different trade-offs and spell-echo does work. Also, I fully understand the corpse limit of 10 but detonate dead + spell cascade + unleash detonates 12 total corpses and I thought that adding corpses to the maximum for desecrate might make a really good Lab enchant, it seems a very reasonable power tradeoff as other lab enchants are extremely strong.

Basically I have 2 suggestions:

1. Make Unleash work with Desecrate (for more focused corpse laying than spell cascade but without the extra slowdown of spell-echo)

2. Add lab enchants for + to maximum corpses for desecrate (e.g. +1 maximum corpse from merciless and +2 from uber or maybe +2 and +5 if you are feeling particularly generous as this gives 3 full desecrate casts worth of corpses).

I hope this gets read and these suggestions are considered worth exploring! Thanks for reading them regardless =)
Last edited by Doombug5000 on Oct 21, 2019, 11:28:56 AM
In Delirium I decided to try spellslinger with desecrate and another spellslinger linked with detonate dead

The delay between desecrate trigger and the appearance of corpses is absolutely awful. Even the bandaid fix (using barrage somewhat improves the situation) only makes it barely functionable

Please make this skill completely instant when triggered.
Nothing here
Could you make the DoT component a bit beefier so I can make a meme build around the DoT? Maybe to apply a DoT for each Corpse it spawns and making it stack? Or something like that.

Maybe a unique that makes the corpses indestructible but amplifying the pleague-spreading component?
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 3, 2020, 2:52:28 AM
3.12:
I dislike the new skill effect. That messy non-transparent gray-green cloud look like a bugged shader. Old one was much clearer.

The skill must always spawn at least one corpse in the line of sight of the caster.

If you cast desecrate on a tight spot and you have "always cast in place" disabled the character will move to an appropriable position and spawn the corpses, after that if you trying to use any copse-based skill (like cremation) with "always attack in place" enabled - the skill will most likely fail to find the corpses because desecrate has spawned them all one unit away from the line of sight. This result in pretty bad gameplay experience.

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Hi please rework the new particle cloud or revert to the old version.

The new visual cloud effect is extremely performance intensive for the graphics card for seemingly no reason.

While standing still in an undecorated hideout corner, with a stable 30% usage on my gtx 960m card. The moment i cast just a single desecrate the card spikes by like an additional 10-15%, this is with one cloud on screen.

With a cast time of 0.5 and spell cascade the resulting 6 desecrate clouds on screen stacks this gpu killing effect and instantly pushes the card to 100% usage.

This makes the skill unplayable, as the mentioned conditions isnt exactly a juiced tier 15 dilirium map with breach and beyond.

Sadly due to this simple "visual upgrade" I have had to not play, out of fear that my card might give out.

Its a real shame too, as I had loads of fun before 3.12 with selfcast detonate dead, and desecrate.

I hope this will get noticed and resolved, I have attempted to mention it elsewhere, but this might be the right place.

The problem still persists as of 3.12.4.

Lastly, as a small sidenote, the card killing effect of a single cloud is made worse when zoomed in.

Is there a way that you can block Desecrate's corpse? so that you only get the corpse you need
Hello again

Reinstalled the game to check again, hopeless optimist over here.

Mild improvement detected.

Whereas before the game ran with 30% up to 100% usage, on my gtx 960m.

redoing the test from previous post, using the same parameters, eg. player in hideout standing the least decorated corner casting desecrate + spellcascade at 2 cast per second. We hit a stable 40% usage on the card(increased by 10% = not good), before casting anything. Upon starting to spam some fart clouds the scaling of the usage of the card, now caps at 97%(a whopping -3%, this is a buff).

As a result, the game has returned from completely unplayable, to just barely passable, during normal gameplay in the acts(specifically up to halfway through act 3). Card usage however remains ridiculusly high and requires further investigation and work.

Tldr:
Thumbs up to the progress, youre doing great, but dammit keep going ;D.

Additionally here is a proper suggestion for the skill:

When playing self cast desecrate, I dont really notice, nor care about recieving visual confirmation of where I last casted desecrate.

Im entirely focused on the visual confirmation of where I cast it next, so i know where to roughly aim for with detonate dead.

Currently however the game actually refreshes this new fart cloud effect on the old location, when desecrate is recast elsewhere.

This is a confusing factor for the desecrate playstyle, as it can be unclear which position actually has the corpses during visually cluttered play(aka poe in general;D).

As such, I would suggest two things.

First off, just decommision the new cloud, it seems like it cant be saved at this point, and is honestly more work than its worth, gimme old janky looking desecrate that doesnt shit all over the graphics;D(if you made a backup of it ofc).

And second, remove the secondary refresh of the cloud effect on the old location, when the spell is recast. As this will not only help eleviate the card usage by culling the total amount of clouds by half(we selfcaster recast often), but also help reduce confusion about the precise location of corpses.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.
Ey, back again

With alittle update, it seems I was abit too hopefull.

After having progressed to level 34, just to see how the game handles in the act gameplay(aka before adding all sorts of map effect). The conclusions is that the game remains unplayable.

With an average 50-60% usage on the graphics card, when using 3 auras, flame dash, desecrate and detonate dead with spell cascade(check char:"KablooeyHeistQuis" for details) and some mobs around, the game still reaches 100% usage or swings in the 91-97% usage, as soon as desecrate is cast once or twice.

I believe I have already mentioned this enough, but for old times sake. Plz get rid of this new effect. And while you are at it, might wanna look at the similar smoke cloud generated by detonate dead.

Lastly, Im on a lenovo ideapad y700, and using your stand alone client, so as to not have steam running as well.

Ill look forward to see the results of your hard work, but until then...
"
Doombug5000 wrote:
I am currently playing a detonate dead Necromancer.

I've noticed that Unleash does not work with Desecrate despite the recent changes, is this intentional? I see no reason for it to not work as it has the correct tags and it's basically the same as using spell-echo but with different trade-offs and spell-echo does work. Also, I fully understand the corpse limit of 10 but detonate dead + spell cascade + unleash detonates 12 total corpses and I thought that adding corpses to the maximum for desecrate might make a really good Lab enchant, it seems a very reasonable power tradeoff as other lab enchants are extremely strong.

Basically I have 2 suggestions:

1. Make Unleash work with Desecrate (for more focused corpse laying than spell cascade but without the extra slowdown of spell-echo)

2. Add lab enchants for + to maximum corpses for desecrate (e.g. +1 maximum corpse from merciless and +2 from uber or maybe +2 and +5 if you are feeling particularly generous as this gives 3 full desecrate casts worth of corpses).

I hope this gets read and these suggestions are considered worth exploring! Thanks for reading them regardless =)

take undertaker node and you got 12 corpses descrate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info