Desecrate

Never mind, found another thread with a similar observation.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/465541
Could GGG comment and clarify on the purpose of the gem?

I have a level 3 empower + Geoffri's Crest with a level 19 Desecrate...giving it an effective level of L23 - which means that the pets should be level 74 corpses.

If I raise BM in lunaris 2 (area level 65), and take it to a 74 map, would the specter level go back up to level 74?

If not, then whats the point of the gem? there's no point leveling a gem to level 20 and couple it to other support gems, people'd still have to waste time hunting for the proper leveled spectres.
Last edited by endari1127 on Mar 3, 2014, 4:35:13 PM
Question for GGG

Desecrate now summoners up to level 100 corpses, if you create a spectre from a level 20 desecrate in a level 65 zone, do the spectres remain level 65 when in a 72 map, or would they raise to level 72?
ign: DaEDaenarys
In a level 65 zone, desecrate can't make corpses above level 65. If you make those spectres, they're spectres from level 65 corpses, and can't scale above that level.
So basically, this gem is totally useless to level with a summoner.

Is there any chance this will be changed at some point, or are we out of luck?
(this is especially crucial when you level, there are just a couple of decent specters, and going back an act to get it is neither time efficient, nor good for their damage/survivability)
"
Cataca wrote:

Because Flesh Offering, Bone Offering, and Detonate Dead all do nothing worthwhile with corpses. Opening with Zombies can also be useful.

(or do I just misunderstand, and you mean 'keep it at level 1'?)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 6, 2014, 7:27:41 PM
As of the recent patch, Desecrate almost exclusively spawns 3 Desecrated Bonestalkers in Nightmare for me. Occasionally, I get different mobs though (depending on the area), but always 3 of the same kind. Is that intended?

Haven't been to Merciless yet to see what happens there.
In Normal difficulty it still works as prior to the patch.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

Because Flesh Offering, Bone Offering, and Detonate Dead all do nothing worthwhile with corpses. Opening with Zombies can also be useful.

(or do I just misunderstand, and you mean 'keep it at level 1'?)

yes, as said, its useless to "level" it with the summoner, you get all you need from this gem at level one. (with lower mana cost to boot)
"
As of the recent patch, Desecrate almost exclusively spawns 3 Desecrated Bonestalkers in Nightmare for me. Occasionally, I get different mobs though (depending on the area), but always 3 of the same kind. Is that intended?

Haven't been to Merciless yet to see what happens there.
In Normal difficulty it still works as prior to the patch.

It works the same way in Merciless as in Nightmare difficulty. In maps however, it works as in Normal Mode, meaning it spawns 3 random mobs from the area.
I'm starting to think it's impossible to make a build around chaos damage with this skill.
Did anyone successfully make a build?

I specc into chaos damage + degen, but the damage is still ridiculously low.

And if I compare late game poison arrow vs desecrate:
level 19 poison arrow: 338 chaos/sec
level 19 desecrate: 232 chaos/sec

and it's easier to get +1 or +2 bow skill on a bow...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Mar 8, 2014, 12:37:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info