How the Open Beta launch went for us

this very entertaining to read :D thank you.

im glad it all worked out and good luck this week
This Game is a blast and its developers and people managing this entire game are just an extra terrestrial abnormal kick ass crazy magicians weird clever insane awesome people .

I supported and i will still support those guys till i die .

Truly i never thaught peoples ambition can go this far . its like a zinedine zidane of MMO RPGS lool.

Thank you GGG

HELL YEAH!
//go next
Congrats on a sucessful launch!
Its so sad that you didnt pay enough attention to so many of us who told you about server overload, and that you made announcements after the launch that you were working on expanding capacities.
This of course is not unusual, cus everyone screws up in this area!
Maybe you guys need to do more than read what we say in these forums.
But anyway, I am happy for you guys, who have put in so much time and work bringing this game to open Beta :)
its always great to hear some info from devs
the game is stunning, and I played every h'n's on pc

btw. its getting so popular among players - I'm now 31 000 in queue :O
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Scully wrote:
I'm a little surprised paying customers don't get ahead in the login queues, but I know it's just a temporary measure.

For one thing, there are no "paying customers" in PoE. Just donators/supporters.

And for another, being a supporter should not grant any privileges.

Maybe you consider yourself such, but I paid for the currency, so I consider myself a paying customer and so does GGG. And it's normal to allow queue privileges to those who are financially helping keeping the game alive.
Last edited by Scully on Jan 27, 2013, 3:03:12 PM
You guys pulled off a more successful launch than "that other company" did.
Congratulations!
I have to say had i found this game a day earlier than i did i would have got a kiwi pack. but i couldnt justify buying one for a mere day of play before closed beta ended, not having not played the game. As i now have played it(and love it!) i can say that i will defiantly be supporting this game. This is what ive been missing a good hard core RPG, my only complaint is that on my bad system a number of boss fights are impossible to do without dieng, so HCL is currently out of the question for me. :/ anyway onto the "issues"

The patch. man this took forever! but honestly considering the size of the patch, it being launch day, it really did go smooth. ive seen large patch's like this go out to popular games that end up causing a day+ of downtime. 2-3 hours to get in game really isnt that bad in comparison. so patching id give 9/10(keep in mind this is a 1.5G patch, that takes a while to download on DSL to start with, so really a great job.)

Realm down/server crashes. again this really only happened in the first few hours of the game, havent noticed one since the b patch. 2-3 crashes in a game that has a massive player base hitting your servers both for play and download is well, negligible, and the response to the issue was very fast. again going to go with 9/10 here.

random bugs: ah the 5 billion headed monster. Frankly i cant think of a game to come out on pc that doesnt have crash bugs. so the whole 2 times ive crashed in a beta game is so negligible as to be damn near not worth mentioning. i cant tell you how many full release games WITH patches that ive had crash issues with. Some so bad that they are down right un playable to this day(like bet on soldier that i payed full retail for...grrrr) 2 crashes in a beta? absolutly brilliant job. 0 complaints keep up the great work. 10/10

now last but not least.

game play. Well i think this one is obvious. im loving the game play. only complaint is it seems to me that witches have a hard time soloing past act 1 without VERY good gear. still all said and done. love the game, the currency is unique, the skill tree is VERY dynamic, and the game play is a blast. 9/10 here for now but i expect it to go up :)

The Internet:Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.
This game is much better then D3 THANK YOU
To be honest, this was NOT a smooth launch weekend for me. Constant timed out and not being able to play for longer than 20min tops. Ques and general disconnects

Even when it works, the lag and desync is very noticable.

BR Anders

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info