Flameblast

charges generate much faster with cast speed, thats for sure. just check it out with a 20/20 faster casting gem. concentrated damage is awsome, with proliferation and chance to ignite its not important if you dont hit every monster, all of them will die, burned to death. you dont need to charge up to 10 for every enemy, most of the time 3 charges are overkill. i love this , like shacofinder already said, no spamming lmp fireball, one big bäng and everything burns to ashes.

i would love to have a support gem named charge. -50% dmg, but also generates charges, maybe increase aoe, would be so funny for frostnove, sweep, god knows what.

nice gem, i really like it, quality bonus fits perfectly. dont touch it again ggg!
Last edited by Nagelhirn on Dec 28, 2013, 12:42:25 PM
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
My review after about 50 levels....
#1...1100% MORE damage is really....cool. also kinda over kill for almost everything, and you're going to sit there for quite a long while to do this, and it can't move. May be a tad bit too much power, but I like it. I like how it also makes Conc Effect NOT needed, and in fact detrimental to this skill's effectiveness because most of the damage is coming from the MORE damage, and Conc effect is only giving +50 something MORE damage, which stacks additively instead of multiplicatively for -20% AoE.

hmm yes yer right. swapped in crit dmg instead.. more mult less mana more aoe!
From what I can tell, the skill does not get 1100% more damage (12x multiplier), as the 110% "more" damage only increments after the first stage. It only gets 990% more damage (roughly 11x multiplier), which is still pretty good.

There are a bunch of ways to tell this, including seeing that stage 2 does double stage 1's damage (instead of the ~1.5 it would if stage 1 did 210% damage) and seeing that 11x stage 1 doesn't do more than 1x stage 10 (which it would if stage 1 got a damage boost above the tooltip).

You can also just equip another spell with about the same damage as the tooltip and test on mobs neutral to both elements, it's pretty obvious there's no baseline "more" damage for stage 1.

If anyone has experienced anything different, I'd love to know where I went wrong.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Dec 30, 2013, 2:14:21 PM
I'm thinking of making a flameblast build myself.. While theory testing I found one major problem. Hows the mana consumption with this skill? It seems very good at first glance, but after taking all the common support gems and their rather massive multipler combined with the extremely fast cast rate of this skill, it seems that mana would be a huge problem for a normal build. What's your guys average mana consumption per second? What level clarity / mana regen you need to run this?
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
Conc effect is only giving +50 something MORE damage, which stacks additively instead of multiplicatively for -20% AoE.

This is incorrect and has been clarified earlier in this thread. The "more" from concentrated effect is not additive to the stage multiplier, it's a normal separate multiplier.

Also, concentrated effect gives 30% reduced area of effect, not 20%.
Last edited by Ezhiel on Dec 31, 2013, 9:45:08 AM
GGG - can you please make Flameblast compatible with Cast on Critical Strike (and trap supports)?

Shouldn't it just cast as if the player only just tapped the skill key - with the initial radius and damage multipliers as if no charge time occurred? I don't understand why this mechanic isn't inherent to the skill.

Mark? Qarl? Anybody?
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
Conc effect is only giving +50 something MORE damage, which stacks additively instead of multiplicatively for -20% AoE.

This is incorrect and has been clarified earlier in this thread. The "more" from concentrated effect is not additive to the stage multiplier, it's a normal separate multiplier.

Also, concentrated effect gives 30% reduced area of effect, not 20%.

is Inc Crit Dmg gem also a separate more mult? It sure feels like this in my testing, but is this how it works?
"
waffenheimer wrote:
is Inc Crit Dmg gem also a separate more mult? It sure feels like this in my testing, but is this how it works?
crit damage in general is a multiplier. but the support gem and passives for "crit damage multiplier" affects the 1.5 baseline crit damage modifier. so...

damage * more * increased * (1.5 * (1 + crit damage))
Playing flameblast myself and it is quite annoying having to glance to the left top of the screen to see the amount of flameblast stacks. Typically you will also want to keep an eye on your life bar as you're standing still channeling so your eyes are zipping around the place, this causes a slight headache after a few hours of playing. GGG, any ideas to improve the flameblast experience?
Beyond league.
"
Playing flameblast myself and it is quite annoying having to glance to the left top of the screen to see the amount of flameblast stacks. Typically you will also want to keep an eye on your life bar as you're standing still channeling so your eyes are zipping around the place, this causes a slight headache after a few hours of playing. GGG, any ideas to improve the flameblast experience?

all you to move the buff bar?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info