Flameblast

You don't need all the cast speed nodes at all. Quality Faster Casting takes care of big chunk of increased casting. I went for reduced mana nodes/effect on you nodes and with haste I reached 116%. I wouldn't touch cast time, it is perfectly fine as it is now. No added cold for me, I use Trap+Cold Snap and it works amazing with Flameblast. Damn I could even put some lightning spell on totem for that extra -50% to fire.

Crit build sounds like fun and I am slowly considering respecing to it. Would probably skip witch part and go for shadow (oh so of course) nodes. Dump Searing and get 2xDivinarius.

Level 86 Scion now, top map I played were 76 (haven't really found anything better ;/) and seriously my ST Marauder can't even compare.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
You don't need all the cast speed nodes at all. Quality Faster Casting takes care of big chunk of increased casting. I went for reduced mana nodes/effect on you nodes and with haste I reached 116%. I wouldn't touch cast time, it is perfectly fine as it is now. No added cold for me, I use Trap+Cold Snap and it works amazing with Flameblast. Damn I could even put some lightning spell on totem for that extra -50% to fire.

Crit build sounds like fun and I am slowly considering respecing to it. Would probably skip witch part and go for shadow (oh so of course) nodes. Dump Searing and get 2xDivinarius.

Level 86 Scion now, top map I played were 76 (haven't really found anything better ;/) and seriously my ST Marauder can't even compare.

I didn't put Q gems because I was trying this out. And Q20 Faster Casting is an Exalted to buy. I'd rather buy a Q15-20 Flameblast to start then recipe the Faster Csating later. I didn't run Haste yet but I was thinking of getting the Inner Force+Aura Effects Nodes to double the effects of Haste+Determination and speccing out of some cast speed later. Empower would be insane too.

Does Trap+Cold Snap freeze lone bosses? I used Skele+Totem because I was sure it would CC bosses. When I come back to this Char I will try it.
Yeah man I understand. These gems cost a lot. The only 20% I purchased was flameblast, all other ones were 10%+. I just slowly upgraded them to what I could.
Cold Snap doesn't freeze lone bosses for long but it doesn't matter really. They burn pretty good. Perhaps decoy totem it worth a try, all baddies in one place :)

There is probably many ways to make a build with that skill. All I know is from my own testing and excel spreadsheets (HAHA!).

Btw. Just tried Flameblast for racing and slow as it is it does the job really well.

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
A Gear dependent way to deal with reflect would be to spec into low life+RF with the aura effect nodes with the Phoenix shield, Ele Adaptation even 1 Ruby Flask. Is there a cap on element resist? Heard there is at 95%.

All the mana reduction nodes + Reduced Mana gem cancels the cost of blood magic mana multiplier.

Blood Magic > Reduced Mana > Purity of Fire > Clarity
Last edited by OpenHell on Jan 17, 2014, 8:46:21 PM
"
OpenHell wrote:
A Gear dependent way to deal with reflect would be to spec into low life+RF with the aura effect nodes with the Phoenix shield, Ele Adaptation even 1 Ruby Flask. Is there a cap on element resist? Heard there is at 95%.

All the mana reduction nodes + Reduced Mana gem cancels the cost of blood magic mana multiplier.

Blood Magic > Reduced Mana > Purity of Fire > Clarity

Reflect is not really an issue if you're relying on the Burn.

I can do a 10-stage explosion on a room full of reflect monsters and barely lose any HP as long as I pop a Ruby Flask. Gem is only level 18 (+2 from 6L Searing) though.

Reflect should only pose a threat if you're playing a Crit build (which is IMO kinda bad for this spell) or going for direct damage with Added Cold/Light.
Last edited by crafteri on Jan 20, 2014, 3:02:44 AM
How exactly is the 110% More per Stage calculated? Is it 2.1x per Stage, including Stage 1? Or does it just increase itself, becoming 12x at 10 Stages?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
It's a single multiplier, so at ten stages it's 1100% More Damage.
Will entropy from Skilltree boost my Ingite Dmg?
"
gathor wrote:

using flameblast with life leach, elemental proliferation, chance to ignite, fire penetration nd faster casting
support spell: multitrap, cold snap, elemental proliferation, cold snap
support totem: added lightning, arc, chain, spell totem, elemental proliferation (faster casting is next)

been a blast and by far my fav character to play, really like that I need to play with 3 skill instead of spaming just one

[2.3]InfernalBlow FaceBreaker - 11 Grand Spectrum - 118K DPS - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1699600
[2.5]Occultist - Blight - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814013
Designer of Warden's Brand - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand
This gem is just ridiculously overpowered. D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info