Flameblast

This thing does horrendously overpowered damage. It makes discharge look like a wet noodle.

At level 13, without supports, it does more initial damage at stage 10 than my level 22 fire trap linked with concentrated effect.

What's really scary is how high you can make other types of damge hit with this thing. Throw in concentrated effect and the new buffed added lightning or chaos, and you pretty much have a multielemental giga nuke.
For the curious :
There is 10 stages

If you don't move, if you stop casting it and try to cast it short time afterward at another place, it will resume casting it at the previous place.
This is sick, because after 10 stage, it does nothing and you can't recast it right away, so you have to move or wait till it detonate... (or maybe it is meant to be detonated by you casting a spell, like flammability).
Weird spell, you have to wait in place to cast it then move to detonate it for maximum efficiency.

Spell cast speed works

Spell duration doesn't («short period» in the description cannot be altered ?)

the 110% more damage means it has 1100% more damage at the final stage. Like incinerate, it means that added damage support are good with it, since with damage effectiveness, their added damages are at 550%.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
The build up is terribly slow... would be really cool if enemies inside the ring took some type of fire dmg over time to make up for the delays
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
So faster casting charges it faster?
"What is a strongbox? A miserable little pile of loot. But enough RNG, Have at you!"
"
The_x_ile wrote:
i heard that it wont work with mine , trap cast on crit , probably cwdt.
is that true?

It won't work with any of the trigger gems.

Works with totems but you need to cast a new totem (max totem +1) to detonate the skill so from a player point of view it's a play style kinda like casting traps.

Haven't tried traps proper but I'd guess they will act the same way as trigger supports in that they aren't able to channel.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
ShaeG wrote:
The build up is terribly slow... would be really cool if enemies inside the ring took some type of fire dmg over time to make up for the delays

this skill does not require ANY type of buff whatsoever. dmg is INSANE. with lvl4 and slapped discharge gear/build i was able to ONE SHOT rares in merc fellshrine! this is the only spell that can do that. i wonder how broken it will be at lvl 20

faster casting does speed up the build up but it does not change it in the practical way - that is it is still some seconds for full 10 stack with and without it.
"
SKRen wrote:
So faster casting charges it faster?

Same as incinerate, it has a cast time and after 10 cast, it reaches max stage (10)

I did not record the base cast time, but it might be around 0.3s, so 3s to reach max stage. (a reddit conversation say it's 0.3333s)

With my fast cast witch, it was at ~0.18s, and reached max stage more quickly.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
The skill doesn't need ANY damage increases. The biggest downside with it is reflect. The biggest upside is since you don't need much passive tree investment for damage, you can easily go setup for AA and scale it with burn.
Been messing with this skill for a few hours and when its paired with Ignite/Burn damage, its pretty freaking powerful. Hell, even unlinked its pretty dang uber.
Really like the idea of the skill overall, but its way to slow to channel up.
Would like to see the cast/channeling speed of it increased and the damage dropped to balance this out. Damage see fine but its just to slow to be good and fun to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info