Flameblast

Separate sources of More Damage are multiplicative with eachother. Stacks for Incinerate, and now Flameblast, are additive because they are the same source.
"

"more" damage multipliers arnt multiplicative with each other. So rather than 1100% damage at 10 charges, youll have 1150% more. Conc effect is actually a weak gem to use with the skill. The best way to use it would be to boost the damage being multiplied.

^this is incorrect

"
Separate sources of More Damage are multiplicative with eachother. Stacks for Incinerate, and now Flameblast, are additive because they are the same source.

^this is correct :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Dec 23, 2013, 5:11:45 PM
"
dspair wrote:
Try to do maps with it before saying it's OP.

I cleared a 66 map with the skill at lvl 2 so i'm p sure it will be "viable" when levelled.
how does iron will interact when multiplied with this spell? sounds like its perfect for RF if anyone even does that anymore...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Dec 23, 2013, 5:46:16 PM
Hm, I have 2 decent fire releated Items in my stash and thought about using them somehow but nothingg built up yet. Could these be useful for this new skill?

the helm isn't anything special for flameblast, but the robe has some interesting effects. chaos damage ignores es. plus the +1 level
So I started a fresh character for this skill. A few things.

First off, Flameblast drops WAY too often. I'm not even to level 20 yet and I've picked up three. Maybe that's just coincidence, but half of my gem drops have been Flameblasts and it's getting kind of weird.

Comparing Firestorm and Flameblast is pretty easy: Firestorm does consistent, instant damage and it's easy to move your target location to hit moving enemies, whereas Flameblast has none of these advantages but in return does a hilarious amount of damage to enemies in a wide area. Against zombies or skeletons, Flameblast will flatten any group. Cast speed helps a lot. I haven't tried Concentrated Effect yet but with the right combination of that and Faster Casting, this could make for a ridiculously OP crowd control OR spot removal.

Having said that, I still use Firestorm most of the time since it's consistent and Flameblast is just overkill for plain enemies.
"
waffenheimer wrote:
I cleared a 66 map with the skill at lvl 2 so i'm p sure it will be "viable" when levelled.

But it does 50-100 DPS at level 2.
I'm currently running mas in the 70 range. My gem is level 13 currently. I run EE with cold snap and storm call. I have life and mana leech connected to flameblast but the cast time is just too long to keep my life up with big packs mobbing me. So I linked life leech on my storm call as well. Spell totem plus summon skeletons helps with CC.

So far so good. As long as I've made them vulnerable to fire the mobs respond by popping or close to it. You're going to have to have a lot of cc to use this as a primary as the cast time burns precious seconds. It can be done, but I do find myself flirting with death a lot . I'll report back when the gem is higher level.
Does this skill have any interaction with Reduced (Increased?) Duration? Could it be possible to go between stages faster with that gem?
Rampage league

IGN: MadMalkodet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info