Flameblast

leveled a templar until 82 with fb (build link in my sig)... skill works fine even w/o ele profi
I believe there is truly no point for this ability to stay at 10 stacks.
For both self cast and totem version, the ability should automatically pop at 10 stacks.
The awkward pause before explosion after you charge it is really unnecessary. The only benefit to maintaining the circle at 10 stacks could be pvp for feigns but that's about it.
For a cast speed character, the pause is really a big loss of momentum.
Last edited by Unacceptable on Oct 30, 2015, 5:19:28 PM
You can just press any other button and it'll blow up, even just move-only. You can make the pause really really minimal.
Can anyone tell me the radius (base and increase per stage) of Flameblast? Couldn't find any exact numbers. I'm planning a Flameblast build with 100% chance to ignite (non-crit) and would like to know how much of the screen it will cover with Increased Area of Effect gem + passives.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Thanks for the answer! That's less than I hoped. With 80% increased AoE, I'll only get a radius of 42 which is a bit more than half the screen. Interesting.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Unacceptable wrote:
I believe there is truly no point for this ability to stay at 10 stacks.
For both self cast and totem version, the ability should automatically pop at 10 stacks.
The awkward pause before explosion after you charge it is really unnecessary. The only benefit to maintaining the circle at 10 stacks could be pvp for feigns but that's about it.
For a cast speed character, the pause is really a big loss of momentum.

This. It adds micromanagement without adding any gameplay, and kills much of the fun. It also makes the skill pretty much unusuable for a totem player.

I'd give this skill a college try if not for that.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Flameblast should be fixed so that it explodes EXACTLY within the boundaries, because when you meet the Flameblast Exile, or just anywhere someone/something using Flameblast, it is crucial to know exactly how much space you have.
Few days ago I was fighting the Flameblast exile, and I was running from the building-up of the flameblast, and even though I was outside the flameblast, I got hit. The same thing happens when you use the skill, monsters that are a little bit of outside of the ring also get hit.
Totem AI change on this skill was great! However, there is an issue that is causing the totems to target things that it killed already. I believe this is due to the slight delay from the time that the totem finishes channeling and starts a new one.

I would imagine that the totem AI for incinerate (not sure, haven't tested) has the ability to change targets upon one dying (similar channeling logic I'd imagine). My recommendation is to have the flameblast totem recognize that the target is dead and begin channeling somewhere else. Still likely to lose a charge or two to an empty spot, but I feel this would make the gameplay much smoother with it.

Regardless thanks for the update to the skill ai! Keep up the great work! :)
I've noticed the skill animation lags behind the actual stacks of flameblast when you have around 100-110% cast speed on it meaning you have to feel out when to pop since looking at the stacks on your buff bar is a bit tedious.

Also with Dying Sun, and max inc aoe the ring is considerably smaller than the actual blast radius so that would also be nice for an animation fix.

TL;DR just need some animation fixes, or for the flameblast to auto-pop at 10.

Overall nothing too important but it would be nice since it is a rather popular skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info