Flameblast

You hardly need to charge it anyways, just a stack or two kills most stuff. If you're building five stacks to kill whites with, then I'm not surprised it takes forever and then some.
Last edited by harliquin on Jan 1, 2015, 12:23:45 AM
I think Flameblast base damage should be addressed in the 1.4 patch in two ways:
1) base damage lowered by 25% at all levels
2) spell echo interaction fixed; spell echo no longer adds free multiplicative cast speed for building stacks
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
spell echo interaction fixed; spell echo no longer adds free multiplicative cast speed for building stacks
is... isn't that the point of echo... to double cast? the cast speed is less than you might realize untill later.
it may have already been mentioned before, but i'm sure many or all users of the flameblast skill would appreciate if the animation of the "runes" on the ground lasted longer. the animation lasts maybe one or two seconds, and it would allow players to appreciate the effect better if the animation lasted longer, and was maybe a little slower.
thanks GGG
"
PandaBears wrote:
it may have already been mentioned before, but i'm sure many or all users of the flameblast skill would appreciate if the animation of the "runes" on the ground lasted longer. the animation lasts maybe one or two seconds, and it would allow players to appreciate the effect better if the animation lasted longer, and was maybe a little slower.
thanks GGG

come on GGG!!!! im making my first flameblast build, and you go and nerf it instead of improve it?
the reason it was great was you don't need good items for it to have good dps, like for iir/iiq builds like i wanted it for'. so it wont be as effective... and maybe not even worth it as a main iir/iiq skill.
Last edited by PandaBears on Feb 12, 2015, 11:24:38 PM
I apply Ignite with Flameblast.

My Flameblast benefits from increased area damage, which I have 20% of from my skill tree.

The burn damage double dips on my fire/elemental damage from gear and skill tree. Both the initial Flameblast hit and the burn is amplified by these damage types.

Question: Does the 20% increased area damage also affect my burn damage directly or only the incident hit from the Flameblast?

From http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/986804/
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

[...]
There are (since the DoT refactor) four sources of damage:
[...]
4) Damage over time. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers (because it's a separate class of damage), but anything that cares about the type of damage (fire, elemental, chaos, etc), or what deals it (trap, minion) will apply.

This would indicate that the 20% increased area damage would somehow interact on the burning damage through being applied by the Flameblast (which is AoE).

At the same time this experiment seems to indicate that MORE area damage does not affect the burn:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/661106

Which is it? Different treatment between INCREASED and MORE or just over-interpreting what Mark said to read double dipping into it?
In case anyone at GGG actually reads this:

Please, I'm begging you, clarify to the community (or to me if I'm wrong) that this skill does not do 1100% more damage= 12x the tooltip as the first stage does not count as 110% "more."

This is incredibly obvious to see simply by using a stage 1 vs stage 2 blast, but people still don't get it.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Flameblast has finally received the nerf it deserved!

First of all, the quality bonus of flameblast has been changed from 1,5% chance to ignite to 1% increased damage.

Secondly, its damage has been nerfed by another 20%.

Last but not least, proliferation has been comletely reworked, now it has a -21% damage multipler at level 20, -30% at lvl 1. In addition to this the proliferation radius is always 12.

With best regards

vangrandson

PS:

Damn I wuff data miners

PS2:

RIP shock (did they even exist?) and freeze proliferation builds.
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 21, 2015, 11:56:38 AM
What nerfs are coming for flameblast with 2.0? I'm kinda hoping my flameblaster build doesn't get broken beyond repair.

I do agree fb needed to be adjusted for pve, but imo what needed nerfing is the double dipping, not the proliferation or base damage of flameblast (or other nerfs?). With doryani's and all the (relatively) new elemental nodes, it's just too easy to get high ignite damage with only a few passives invested into dps.

Also: is there a summary somewhere of all the gem and mechanic changes of 2.0? So much changes, that I find myself unable to properly theorize a new build for next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info