Aegis is so broken, I'm becoming lazy

"

Oh please don't play semantics with me. I'm here to speak of how the item is overpowered, not speak of how X or Y item doesn't technically do B or C.

And it wasn't subtle. Anyone that tries to claim in the face of current evidence that Aegis isn't incredibly easy to use and possibly too powerful; isn't intelligient enough for me to waste time typing messages to. You're not doing that. So you're not stupid.

Im not playing semantics with you. it is op who employed the far-fetched hyperbole of going afk/being able to do content in his sleep or something along those lines

thats what I assume is near god-mode in this game.

aegis is overpowered, but not to the degree you guys are hyping it up to be. if thats semantics, be it. I guess the world is really binary to some *shrugs*
So, you drop a lot of ES and armor to use Aegis, which plays off having a decent amount of both. There is at least some balance in that. It's a strong shield, but definitely not used for everything.

guess i will hang on to my one that dropped lastnight =)

"
grepman wrote:
snapshotting doesnt change the fact that if youre inside undying evangelists bubbles, youre LITERALLY invincible to attacks or spells originating outside the bubble.

such attacks/spells are the following but not limited to: vaal's bricks, vaal's lazer, storm herald, pietys lightning balls, dominus touch of god (yes, I can take a touch of god in a 78 map to the face and as long as dominus himself is outside the bubble I will take literally zero damage), any ek variation of boss (perpetus, weaver, labyrinth boss), magaera firestorm, and so on and so forth

hm hmmm, you don't have to be a summoner to be able to run one spectre... hmm.. have to tell guys :P
IGN: MsAnnoyance
You know whats really ruining this shield >-> all those darn Spell block items!!! Get them GGG, don't touch my precious D";

*runs and hides*
"
Neokolzia wrote:
You know whats really ruining this shield >-> all those darn Spell block items!!! Get them GGG, don't touch my precious D";

*runs and hides*

nice avatar ;P
merp merp
Now level 80, I will say I ran into a few hairy situations recently while running maps with 90-110% IIQ. The thing is though, these are situations that would be instant devastation to any other build, and just a close call for my Aegis build.

Double boss Jungle Valley with -max res, 90% extra lightning damage, and fleeting almost killed me while i was watching TV.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Edit: accidentally put the IMG brackets around "almost" instead of italics.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by JahIthBer89 on Dec 22, 2013, 11:30:39 PM
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Now level 80, I will say I ran into a few hairy situations recently while running maps with 90-110% IIQ. The thing is though, these are situations that would be instant devastation to any other build, and just a close call for my Aegis build.

Double boss Jungle Valley with -max res, 90% extra lightning damage, and fleeting almost killed me while i was watching TV.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Edit: accidentally put the IMG brackets around "almost" instead of italics.

well...

o.O
FOR THE DARK GODS!

IGN: Monokuma_Joestar
Try being AFK in Nemesis League and then say that Aegis is OP
One thing no one has mentioned yet. Freeze mine + ele prolif is far more "OP" than aegis can ever be. Almost every aegis build will get 1 shotted by touch of god on 78, guaranteed if it has % lightning/cold/fire damage added. Ele prolif, a level 60 guy can kill him.

Take the aegis into torture chamber map boss, or GMP academy boss. Then try them with freeze mine.

Aegis is "OP" against fast attackers like titty bitches and chimeras. The other scenarios being described, the power is Block + Spell block, which Aegis doesn't have over any other shield. Recovering 400es on a block won't help you a lot against something that hits for on average 4,000. Leech + Highblock/spell block works just as well in that scenario.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Dec 23, 2013, 3:42:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info